[A18] More Mental Breaks

Started by twoski, August 13, 2016, 11:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twoski

This mod adds new mental breaks to the game and tweaks the Berserk trait.

Extreme mental breaks:
> Self-Harm: The pawn will cut their wrists and hide in their room.
- Medium base chance to occur.
- High chance to occur for Masochist trait.

Moderate mental breaks:
> Compulsive cleaning: The pawn relentlessly cleans their surroundings, usually until they pass out from exhaustion.
- High base chance to occur.

Minor mental breaks:
> Antisocial: The pawn wanders off into the wilderness for a while and avoids their fellow colonists.

> Apathy: The pawn becomes lethargic and will often wander around instead of working. They cannot be manually assigned to tasks or drafted while they are apathetic.

Get it now: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=837047494

Non-steam link (and source code): https://bitbucket.org/twoski/rimworldmods/downloads

Licensing:

You may include this mod in a modpack, however do keep in mind that i may update it. It is better if you add this to a steam-based modpack since steam automatically updates when i submit my changes.

You may derive from this mod but please add a visible link to this mod if you do.

BaconBits

Nice, you got it up.  I was waiting for this. I'll grab it with the Non-Steam link when it's up.
Good Job :D

twoski

give me 30 minutes and i'll put the source on bitbucket  8)

here you go: https://bitbucket.org/twoski/rimworldmods/downloads

twoski

Added a new one:

Antisocial - the pawn wanders off into the wilderness for a while and avoids their fellow colonists.

Etherdreamer

You´re trying to damage the best trait in the game, psychopath, but let´s wait Tynan don´t add any of these in the future hahaha.

I will go for creating a behavior with mixing traits, but no just having one. Bloodlust + Psychopath could create the effect you just are adding to one trait (psychopath).

DariusWolfe

Compulsive cleaning needs to have some interaction with some traits. I can't think of what it's called, but the one that gives a bigger chance to break, and a work-speed boost.

twoski

Quote from: DariusWolfe on August 14, 2016, 03:40:44 PM
Compulsive cleaning needs to have some interaction with some traits. I can't think of what it's called, but the one that gives a bigger chance to break, and a work-speed boost.

I would do that, but spectrum traits like Neurotic cannot be referenced in the same way as traits like Psychopath. So i can't do that (at least until tynan makes changes to the current trait system).

RetPaladinlol

Very nice! Having someone break down into another mental state other than berserk is a great addition! I'll be playing with this and hopefully can provide feedback!

twoski

I found and patched a bug where prisoners would use inappropriate mental breaks.  Redownload if you are using the nonsteam version.

JT

Pure awesomesauce with a damn'yo-glace.  Thanks!

Looks as though the download includes the entire repository, i.e., also includes the Apocalypse mod -- which is fascinating as heck, but I don't know where the stated dependency is.  Definitely using it for the Meltdowns mod, though. =)

Grogfeld

Wow this is a really good range of mental states. Great job.

twoski

Quote from: JT on August 15, 2016, 12:47:22 AM
Pure awesomesauce with a damn'yo-glace.  Thanks!

Looks as though the download includes the entire repository, i.e., also includes the Apocalypse mod -- which is fascinating as heck, but I don't know where the stated dependency is.  Definitely using it for the Meltdowns mod, though. =)

Oh yeah you need Misc. MapGenerator by Haplo for that mod.

ruzackovich

1. would be other pawn as npc, traders ,raider or visitors will likely had this break down ? i hope they do. because i like to see they beating each others  :p. (vanilla breaking just social breaking )
2. is the breakdown had conjunction or similarity with traits , like : shy, or neurotic traits more likely hide in the bedroom breakdown. or random

123nick

i think compulsive cleaning should have increased chance to occur if ur colonist is neurotic or very neurotic.