I figured out why colonists can fail surgery so badly.

Started by MeowRailroad, August 14, 2016, 12:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeowRailroad

The medicine widely available near the planet mostly uses an anesthetic that has the unfortunate side effect of making conscious people near it or near a person with it in their system sneeze and move their limbs uncontrollably. While professional doctors in a real hospital would wear filter masks to prevent this, there are none available and so the surgeons sometimes make accidental cuts when their arms move.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Shinzy

Well luckily my doctors have filter masks ..They also have very morbid curiosity and very very low attention span

Shurp

The original thread had the best explanation -- "Hey Thunder, remember when you were a pirate and you killed my whole family?  Guess what, payback's a bitch" *slash* *slash* *slash* "Oh dear, my knife must have slipped!"
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Shinzy

Quote from: Shurp on August 14, 2016, 01:22:33 PM
The original thread had the best explanation -- "Hey Thunder, remember when you were a pirate and you killed my whole family?  Guess what, payback's a bitch" *slash* *slash* *slash* "Oh dear, my knife must have slipped!"

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13372.msg150018#msg150018
This one? ;D
I had to go and find it