it's raining spam

Started by keylocke, August 14, 2016, 10:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

i guess fame/success attracts greedy/jealous sabotage..

shaw357

Quote from: keylocke on August 14, 2016, 10:37:51 PM
i guess fame/success attracts greedy/jealous sabotage..

From Koreans?

s22190

PotatoeTater

3 or 4th time someone has done this.
Life is Strange

rexx1888

its kind of absurd when you think about it O.o

ArguedPiano

What's even the point? Someone got angry/jealous? For the lulz? If that's the case they have a weird way of entertaining themselves
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Juan el Demgrafo

Who knows. Whenever a mod comes on they'll take em down.
Edit: Goes all the way to page seven this time. Wow.
240 hours on Steam of this 2017-7-23.

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
...tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

I really need to finish researching beer.

Kagemusha12

It seems to happen every 1-2 days during the night/morning hours (according to european time zone) which is bad as it seems like the admins/mods are also based on this time (and therefore are in bed/less active during that time)

IMHO it would be a good idea for them to introduce passive measures to counter it ... like automated turing tests (=Captchas) for the first few thread openings of a newby or a minimum time (like 2-3 minutes) that has to pass between each new thread opening of a user.
But of course it would require that the forum system (that is used by Tynan) supports it (i.e. that such plugins / setting possibilities exist)

milon

We're aware of the problem, and we're actively working on it.  The moderators actively squash all the spammers we find (please use the Report button to help out, and don't reply to spam posts).  Tynan is actively working on ways to keep bots out and humans in.

Quote from: ArguedPiano on August 14, 2016, 11:47:03 PM
What's even the point? Someone got angry/jealous? For the lulz? If that's the case they have a weird way of entertaining themselves

Best case is monetization through ad revenue.  Worst case is malware and zombie PC's being added to a bot-net.  A single bot script can nail thousands of forums, once they overcome the registration process.  :(