[SOLVED]Failed to find any texture

Started by BaconBits, August 14, 2016, 11:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaconBits

Hi, I'm having an issue with a texture. Any help would be awesome.

I'm making a new animal and I keep getting the same errors even after I change the color.
I've refered to core files and other animal mods and this is what I have:

<bodyGraphicData>
        <texPath>Things/Pawn/Animal/Mamuffalo</texPath>
        <color>(139,93,35)</color>
<drawSize>3.5</drawSize>
<shadowData>
<volume>(0.4, 0.3, 0.3)</volume>
<offset>(0,0,-0.2)</offset>
</shadowData>
</bodyGraphicData>

I keep getting these errors:
Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Animal/Mamuffalo, color=RGBA(0.545, 0.365, 0.137, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Animal/Mamuffalo, color=RGBA(0.340, 0.320, 0.300, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(0.340, 0.320, 0.300, 1.000))

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Animal/Mamuffalo, color=RGBA(0.545, 0.365, 0.137, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Animal/Mamuffalo, color=RGBA(0.340, 0.320, 0.300, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(0.340, 0.320, 0.300, 1.000))

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Animal/Mamuffalo, color=RGBA(0.545, 0.365, 0.137, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Animal/Mamuffalo, color=RGBA(0.340, 0.320, 0.300, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(0.340, 0.320, 0.300, 1.000))

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Animal/Mamuffalo, color=RGBA(0.545, 0.365, 0.137, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Animal/Mamuffalo, color=RGBA(0.340, 0.320, 0.300, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(0.340, 0.320, 0.300, 1.000))

Thanks.

Shinzy

do you have correct texture path on all of them?
(there's usually 3 different texture paths for all the lifestages)
and the error shows one of them having different path than the others
Things/Pawn/Animal/Mamuffalo
Things/Animal/Mamuffalo

Master Bucketsmith

Are you sure [Mamuffalo] is the tag/name used by vanilla resources?

CannibarRechter

I've seen this error on two occasions. 1) There is not a matching .png file in the relevant sub-directory of your mod. 2) the .png file isn't the right size. It's unclear to me what triggers the size exception, exactly. Best thing to do is pull out the relevant graphics examples (e.g., pull the base game Muffalo texture out), and do your textures in the same way.

You'll also want to take care to know that the game expects things to be named in a particular way when the graphic might have multiple viewing angles.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

BaconBits

I changed the incorrect texture path that Shinzy pointed out, and still the same errors.

Next, I renamed the textures and the path to "Muffalo', to reflect a vanilla path as I believe Bucketsmith refered to, and no change. 

Then, I recoloerd and resized the images with GIMP (all I have atm), no change.

Finally, with CannibarRechter's advice, I replaced the textures with a copy of an A14 Muffalo image with the "Mamuffalo" name and path, as well as giving both texture and path the same random name, and still no change.

Alas, I now believe that the issue lies within the xml code.

Thank you all for your input. I greatly appreciate it.

CannibarRechter

Since the texture is a multi, as stated in the exception, did you make sure you have all the relevant mamuffolo files?

BaconBits

Please for give my lack of knowledge. Are you refering to code or the texture?

Edit: Sorry, it took a few minutes to click. I have four .png images; front, back, side-a(facing right, and side-b(facing left). I've tried using three (like core images) and all four with no change.

kaptain_kavern

I think CannibarRechter refer to the texture files.

Notice the pattern in files name. They all called Muffalo_something and in the XML files you don't write the "_something" at all.

Sorry I struggle to find the exact english words to describe that

edit  : i just read your edit ^^ sorry

CannibarRechter

Quote from: BaconBits on August 15, 2016, 07:15:10 PM
Please for give my lack of knowledge. Are you refering to code or the texture?

Edit: Sorry, it took a few minutes to click. I have four .png images; front, back, side-a(facing right, and side-b(facing left). I've tried using three (like core images) and all four with no change.

Can you list the complete path name for each file please?

kaptain_kavern

Also i'm not sure i remember right. But isn't there is a tag called "<graphicClass>" (something like that) where you specify if there is multiple textures files or not?

CannibarRechter

You do remember right. I wonder what the default is?

BaconBits

I copied the core Muffalo xml and changed names. once I get the textures working I'll adjust stats and stuff. I'm not sure if it's easier but here is the whole WIP.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

kaptain_kavern

I'm not sure but Textures is in a plural form in Core and not in the zip you provide. So the path will failed

Maybe this ? Sorry I can't launch the game atm, so I can't test.

BaconBits

Changed. I'll test in a few. Currently installing PS

BaconBits

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 15, 2016, 10:13:08 PM
I'm not sure but Textures is in a plural form in Core and not in the zip you provide. So the path will failed

Maybe this ? Sorry I can't launch the game atm, so I can't test.
O.M.F.G.   You have to be kidding me!!! I re-wrote (re-copied, but, it's time consuming) ALL of my xml files, re-worked all of the images, and all it was, was the letter 'S' missing from my 'TextureS' file name? Really? *Burning memory of this experience into brain*

Thank you kaptain_kavern for spotting that.

And thank you everyone for taking the time to help me with this. I will not forget it. If I can help you in the future I will. Hopfully it will not require spelling.  :P

This post is now SOLVED!!

Edit: Well, after seeing this mod in testing, my girlfriend  informed me that this texture was previously used as the AlphaMuffalo. I didn't remember what the Alpha looked like so I think I'll shelf this for now.