Pawn and Animal limits?

Started by lorebot, August 15, 2016, 04:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorebot

After a few games I've noticed that there's a point at which wild animals will stop spawning on my map. I've figured out there's some sort of limit to the number of animals that can be on the map at once and the livestock i'm keeping is preventing new animals from spawning. After doing some research I found some figures for Pawn limits imposed by the various storetellers, but I haven't found any figures for the animals.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows exactly how many animals can be on a map before new ones will stop spawning. I'm pretty sure I'm seriously over doing things with my livestock, the game has serious lag issues when I put it into 3x speed and I'm fairly certain it has to do with the number of colonists I have (about 30) coupled with the amount of animals I'm keeping (probably 100+ atm because my chickens are breeding out of control and I need to make butchering them a higher priority and get the males their own area). Do the limits change for larger maps?

Wex

I had the same problem. I usually butcher all the rooster except a couple, keept in a safe place inside the colony.
All you have to do is cull the quantity of animals you have.
Getting meat in the process.
And the wild animals will spawn again.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

lorebot

I know I'm way past the limit but what i want to know is what the limit is. What's the number of animals I can have while still allowing wild animals to spawn?

lorebot

I'm really disappointed that no one seems to know the answer to this :(

PotatoeTater

It's hard coded into the game and varies only on map size. Look into the code if you really need to know.
Life is Strange

lorebot

Quote from: PotatoeTater on August 16, 2016, 11:09:34 PM
It's hard coded into the game and varies only on map size. Look into the code if you really need to know.

Could you tell me where to look? Do I need to decompile a .dll or anything to find it?
I'm not familiar with the game's file structure yet otherwise I would have just looked myself if I thought I could find it.

lorebot

still hoping someone can give me an answer to this or at least tell me where to look to find it myself...

MainTango

Yup, I'd also like to know. Is there an xml file that I can edit to increase the maximum number of animals on a map?

Ruckus

Quote from: MainTango on September 08, 2016, 01:59:09 PM
Yup, I'd also like to know. Is there an xml file that I can edit to increase the maximum number of animals on a map?

Or disable the limit completely. I really dislike artificial limitations like this. I hate that I don't have the option to recruit new colonists because a silly game mechanic has decided I shouldn't have more. I want to make that decision.