[A17] Balancing Act | A game-balancing mod

Started by Nattiejim, May 10, 2016, 05:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nattiejim

Hotfix
If any of you have been getting a corrupted mod error when you load BA along with any other mod that modifies recipes, sorry for the bug. I've fixed it now.

Please redownload the mod as soon as possible. Lite users should also do this, as both versions were affected. Enjoy the mod!
Hello there! | Creator of the Balancing Act mod

Ashardalon411

Quote from: Nattiejim on July 18, 2016, 03:41:17 PM
Quote from: hector212121 on July 18, 2016, 03:23:05 PM
Might I make a suggestion?

How about... Tech level balancing.

Either make it so you can start at neolithic and somehow 'uplift' your tribe, or make it so tech level automatically increases to the level of a tech when all prior techs are researched, or *something*.
I could look into this. Unfortunately, however, I'm not sure what kind of code this would take, and as a simple XML mod, that could be beyond my abilities. I will take a look, however, and report back with my findings.
There was already a mod who do this but i think that the moder have leave and don't have update them. i recommend to check out the abyss of the forum to find this helpfull source code.

Ps: ty for the fix, i redownload instant

kaptain_kavern

Ashardalon411

Napple

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on June 05, 2017, 08:37:14 AM
It's still there : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22598.0

Hi Nattiejim BTW, hope you're well, colleague o7
The version posted on ludeon hasn't been updated for the official a17 release so I think it might not work.

Nattiejim

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on June 05, 2017, 08:37:14 AM
It's still there : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22598.0

Hi Nattiejim BTW, hope you're well, colleague o7
I'm great, thanks! Hope ADS is working well, I had a nice time maintaining it with you guys!
Hello there! | Creator of the Balancing Act mod

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Napple on June 05, 2017, 03:07:00 PM
The version posted on ludeon hasn't been updated for the official a17 release so I think it might not work.
Yes it is. Looks harder (It's write in a weird green)

Napple

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on June 05, 2017, 06:15:06 PM
Quote from: Napple on June 05, 2017, 03:07:00 PM
Yes it is. Looks harder (It's write in a weird green)
I tried it out and it is loading fine without any red errors. What I meant was the mod on steam had a more recent update but I'm not sure if it was necessary to get the steam version to actually use the mod.