[A15] PetFollow - Better control of your trained pets (V 1.3.2)

Started by Hatti, August 15, 2016, 06:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatti

New version out which fixes a bug that pets ignore area restrictions if they should not follow their master while he is drafted

biship

Nice, I was wondering why they would wander all over the place when not on follow during raids.

Nemesis688

It appears that it doesn't work on the animals added by the  HardcoreSk modpack. I didn't see anything in the defs that I could add/edit/change so I assume it has to do with something in the assembly. Any chance on a version that will work for that? The modpack updates fairly often and has a good number of animals so I understand if it isn't something you would want to tackle.

Hatti

PetFollow detours 2 methods. I dont know whats the hardcore sk assembly do. I wont provide a compatibility patch cause it isnt a part of the modpack and may break something in it.

Fluffy (l2032)

Dave-In-Texas

Hatti

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on August 22, 2016, 04:38:18 AM
hardcoreSK alters the animals' think tree.

the Core_SK and Core use same class "ThinkNode_ConditionalShouldFollowMaster" to check if pet should follow. PetFollow detours the satisfied method from this class. Havn´t found any other animal thinktree besides from the DomesticCats and Feenixes which also use the same class.

Quote from: Hatti on August 22, 2016, 09:34:58 AM

the Core_SK and Core use same class "ThinkNode_ConditionalShouldFollowMaster" to check if pet should follow. PetFollow detours the satisfied method from this class. Havn´t found any other animal thinktree besides from the DomesticCats and Feenixes which also use the same class.

CCL adds injection points for modders into the think trees (animals included) so overwriting it may break CCL compatibility.  To be fair, however, this is a relatively new addition to CCL (0.14.2+).
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Hatti

Quote from: 1000101 on August 22, 2016, 10:26:40 AM
Quote from: Hatti on August 22, 2016, 09:34:58 AM

CCL adds injection points for modders into the think trees (animals included) so overwriting it may break CCL compatibility.  To be fair, however, this is a relatively new addition to CCL (0.14.2+).

i know and i dont override the animal thinktree. i detour the ThinkNode_ConditionalShouldFollowMaster.satisfied()
So CCL injection wont be touched but maybe not executed cause the pet is not following his master which is intended by this mod if set

Deimos Rast

Is this working at present? Because it doesn't seem to work for me. My husky still follows his master when drafted, outside of his permitted zone even, regardless of whether I have this set to enable or disable. If the icons are both green, does that mean following enabled? I've tried both ways, doesn't seem to make a difference.
I have CCL, and Fluffy's animal tabs. No errors that I can tell when it happens.
#StopPluginAbuse

Hatti

yes its working. if you select a animal, there should be the icons with an red cross (which means, the option is enabled). maybe it is interfering with another mod?
do you have any mod that alters the Animal thinktree maybe?

Vigilence

Great mod, but once I installed the HardcoreSk modpack it doesn't work anymore.  I hope this awesome mod gets a compatibility patch in the future.

Tyolan

Doesn't work for me neither. It seems that the buttons for activate/deactivate pet follow when drafted, hunt or tame are not working. Pets don't follow anyone anymore either the buttons states. And the button state doesn't match in animal tab (activate on pet, deactivate on tab...).

Sad :'(

Hatti

Quote from: Tyolan on August 26, 2016, 05:36:31 PM
Doesn't work for me neither. It seems that the buttons for activate/deactivate pet follow when drafted, hunt or tame are not working. Pets don't follow anyone anymore either the buttons states. And the button state doesn't match in animal tab (activate on pet, deactivate on tab...).

Sad :'(

PetFollow does not work with Hardcore modpack currently, as some mentioned it before.

Tyolan

QuotePetFollow does not work with Hardcore modpack currently, as some mentioned it before.
I don't have it.