[B18] Enlighten

Started by notfood, August 15, 2016, 07:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

I uploaded it on git.

https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-Enlighten

You are free to do whatever. Code is derivate from Ludeon so...

About your idea, it's easy to make a Hediff that only affects vampires and just use Enlighten to put it.

Jdalt40

Alright cool! You're already a mile ahead with this idea! :D

Just a tiny question though considering I just learnt how dlls work, do you reckon it would be possible to add a severity def tag so the effects get worse after a while?

notfood

That's part of the Heddiff. Enlighten is a Hediffgiver.

You can use the ticks since you have gotten the heddiff to increase the severity over time (inside the Hediff).

Jdalt40

Hey notfood, I'm just about to release my Vampire mod, so I'm just wondering if you are still okay for me to use your Enlighten assembly to allow the day/night weaknesses/boosts to happen, again I will gladly give full credit to you if you allow me to use this :)

notfood

Yes go ahead.

By the way, if you keep the class names the same it may conflict. So change the package name if you are going to add the whole thing to your dll. If it's going to be the same dll just have Enlighten as a hard dependency.

notfood

A16 Release Enlighten 0.16.1.0

Quite simple to update. I see a lot of things were added to Hediffs for A16, mainly comps, a lot of posibilities opened.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Hayden

Quote from: notfood on December 13, 2016, 12:50:15 AM
A16 Release Enlighten 0.16.1.0

Quite simple to update. I see a lot of things were added to Hediffs for A16, mainly comps, a lot of posibilities opened.

Been using it on my latest game. Works well and it makes sense.

One thing I don't like is that if colonists are sleeping and I turn the lights off, they still get the negative effects to mood. It should be that when they are sleeping they should want the lights off not on.

Beathrus

I used to use Enlighten with Darkness and Darkness Revamp, but I guess those went out? And I can't find realistic darkness. So do you know of any other mod that changes light levels to an appropriate level? For Atmosphere?

4rfv2wsx

Hey, is there any chance I could get another link to the A15 version? The forums keep throwing me to an error page. Only seems to happen for that specific link, A16 downloads fine. Thanks! :-D

notfood

It's here. Attached.

Quote from: Beathrus on December 27, 2016, 09:32:37 PM
I used to use Enlighten with Darkness and Darkness Revamp, but I guess those went out? And I can't find realistic darkness. So do you know of any other mod that changes light levels to an appropriate level? For Atmosphere?

I don't know where it went. I liked that one too, it's in the HardcoreSK for A16, release soon[ŧm].

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Beathrus

Quote from: notfood on December 27, 2016, 11:14:40 PM
It's here. Attached.

Quote from: Beathrus on December 27, 2016, 09:32:37 PM

I don't know where it went. I liked that one too, it's in the HardcoreSK for A16, release soon[ŧm].

True.. But If its in HardcoreSK that means its mixed with a bunch of other mods and such, doesn't it?

4rfv2wsx

Quote from: notfood on December 27, 2016, 11:14:40 PM
It's here. Attached.

Haha, thanks! This mod interacts in some interesting ways. I have a pawn with a peg leg and a taste for smokeleaf. Normally that isn't an issue, just makes her super slow, but now... When she lights up and steps into a dark hallway, she can't help but fall on her ass and requires rescue (drops her moving to 15%). I laugh every time I see the rescue alert. :-D

notfood

A17 Release Enlighten 0.17.1.0

Nothing new. Just recompiled for new version.

zarathustra_bezbozhnik

Hi, notfood!
First of all, this is a great mod and I'm sure it MUST be implemented in the core game. Thank you so much!

But?)) ..would you care to revisit these two issues mentioned in the thread:
1. Why sunlamps? People don't do photosynthesis. For us, reaction to light is about visibility and psychology, so any source of light bright enough will do, don't you think?
2. Darkness should not affect sleeping people. It's a minor thing though.

Thanks again, and good luck!

Tanelorn

I love the IDEA of your mod but it REALLY needs to affect manipulation in darkeness too. It seems so obvious that darkness should affect work ability just like brightness enhances it. It means we need to illuminate work areas at night which is something this mod really should bring to the game.