[1.0] SeedsPlease!

Started by notfood, August 16, 2016, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngleWyrm

I embarked with a bunch of seeds, planted rice and healroot, and they sort of died out. I tried to make seeds with the harvest, but it seemed to use up all the harvest so that I wondered what I was doing it for.

Am I missing an important step to gardening with seeds please?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Canute

I only played with seeds at the hardcore-sk modpack.
And then it is important that your best pawn with growning skill are harvesting. Better skill mean better chance to get seeds.

At hcsk you got a workbench you could create seeds from the products. You allways should have a min. stock of things at reserve just in case you need new seeds.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: AngleWyrm on May 22, 2017, 09:42:01 AM
Am I missing an important step to gardening with seeds please?

The mod itself isn't very optimized with seed drop rates... Try a patch for it.

br1zz

yea Dr_Zhivago is right, theres a balance patch on the github site. at least i think its on the github. i installed the more balanced seeds ages ago, i can upload them if needed. are you using vegetable garden aswell ? seedsplease + vegetable garden is a must have in my opinion, the game feels just way too bland without it. the seeds mechanic should be part of the core game anyways, makes it much more interesting especially with vegetable garden, you never know which seeds you aquire next in each playthrough.

edit: the plant processing bench is part of seedsplease or vegetable garden, there you can extract seeds in the beginning. i always extract them until i have twice the amount of growing squares, in case of a blight. 2 or 3 harvests later you have enough seeds in stock and you can start using them for cooking. dont suspend the bill on the plant processing bench tho, in case you run low on seeds your pawns will balance them out again automatically that way.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: br1zz on May 22, 2017, 12:13:05 PM
yea Dr_Zhivago is right, theres a balance patch on the github site. at least i think its on the github. i installed the more balanced seeds ages ago, i can upload them if needed. are you using vegetable garden aswell ? seedsplease + vegetable garden is a must have in my opinion, the game feels just way too bland without it.
Yes, I use vegetable garden as well; please do

br1zz

There ya go, i uploaded you my seedsplease + seedspleasevg
https://www.file-upload.net/download-12512279/vg.rar.html

these are more balanced and additionally i changed the stack size of the seeds to 5000, because seeds are... small...
i recommend deleting your old folders and using this ones. but dont forget that you still need to have good growers to sustain yourself purely by harvesting, if you dont have good growers, you need to use the plant processing bench as i described in my edit on my previous post.

AngleWyrm

notfood

I rebalanced the seeds yet again using this. Added a processing chain for Healroot as well. Please tell me what you think about the balance.

A17 Release: SeedsPlease 0.17.1.1

Doesn't require anything else. No MFO, no CCL, no HugsLib. Since it has no requirements, from the feedback here I'll push it to steam too.

I'll update the VG addon when Dismar is done changing things with Vegetable Garden.

Mehni

Nice update!

You might want to dial down the trader stock so it's more in line with vanilla. I don't like to rob traders, but when they bring five times the amount of silver I will be tempted.

notfood

Yes, you are right. I didn't pay attention to that.

Fixed it. Pushed a minor release, get it from the links.

onerous1

I think Tynan said there were longer growing times but more abundant yields in A17. Was this taken into account with a number of seeds recovered/extracted and their market values?

I'll probably give this a whirl in a few days.

AdamM88

Sounds cool! Waiting for the Steam Workshop release.

notfood

Quote from: onerous1 on May 25, 2017, 07:41:44 AM
I think Tynan said there were longer growing times but more abundant yields in A17. Was this taken into account with a number of seeds recovered/extracted and their market values?

I'll probably give this a whirl in a few days.

Seeds are a lot cheaper now. Chance to fail changed in A17, seems you fail a lot less. Let's see how it plays with cheaper seeds. I'm finding it very easy though...

Hayden

Loved this mod on my last game. If I understand correctly, seeds now cost less and traders have more of them right? That's basically want I want.

Will you put this up on the steam workshop soon?

notfood

Yes, that's the plan. If no bugs are found, tomorrow will be up there. So please test it.