[1.0] SeedsPlease!

Started by notfood, August 16, 2016, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

wow you are right. I'll fix it.

RickyMartini

Is there any chance that this might come to steam?

notfood

New release: 0.16.1.1

For your immersion pleasure

- Balance for Seeds
- Seeds for drug plants, they lack recipe to extract from leafs, it's intentional.
- Mote timeout fix
- parse_plant.py updated to handle plants behind research and put the seeds behind that research

The addons don't need update.

A16 Requires ModFriendlyOverrides MFO (A16) and due to A16's shorthash bug HugsLib 2.1.4 or above

Fafn1r

Heh, an update just as I'm uploading another release of my mod pack. I guess it's gonna wait.

How's the balance now? Before I was always short on seeds, because harvesting always yielded less of them than planting.

notfood

It still depends on the skill of your harvester. Low skilled will lose you seeds.

at +75% of getting a seed with +25% for extra seed when harvest is succesful, it should be positive. It all depends on Harvest Fail Chance stat of the colonist harvesting it. Just have that number low and your seeds will be positive.

minakurafto

75 seed per stack is too few, 500 per stack like silver seems better

notfood

Yeah but vanilla has that limitation. Unless they changed it? It needs a detour to up the stack limit.

Killerdoom14

Maybe im just dumb, but I cant seem to locate the button for Seeds Please, Vegtable Garden Add on. Can anyone point to the specific location on the post for me?  ;D

minakurafto

i tried copy paste <stackLimit>500</stackLimit> and <smallVolume>true</smallVolume> from vanilla Items_Resource_Stuff.xml (silver) to Items_Seeds_Base.xml (seedbase) , and it can be carried 500 per stack like silver

notfood

In that case, I'll do that.

faltonico

One healroot seed gives one plant which in turn gives 1/5 of a seed when processed (25 healroot to produce 5 seeds) and destroys all the product... ¿is that intentional or am i doing something wrong?

notfood

hmmm true, it gives one plant. I'll up it massively.

Changes are updated in github source.

faltonico

Quote from: notfood on January 19, 2017, 09:55:39 PM
hmmm true, it gives one plant. I'll up it massively.

Changes are updated in github source.
Thank you!

minakurafto

seed base chance below 1.0 is harsh, unless all yield is at least doubled, it's easy to run out of seed without skilled farmer.
harvest fail chance and blight are already enough to balance it.
if the reason is to limit seed stock, maybe make seed only last for some years, and to make it last longer put it on fridge or package it in special container