[1.0] SeedsPlease!

Started by notfood, August 16, 2016, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

Yeah, if your farmer isn't skilled you need to rely on the bench to extract more seeds.

gillsminnow

notfood

How odd, did Dismar add more trees? or did he change their defnames? I'll investigate.

-edit

Yeah, these are new. VG addon needs an update.

RickyMartini

There is something weird going on with this mod + Vegetable garden.

You can extract strawberry, blueberry, gooseberry seeds etc. but you have no option to plant any of these plants in the growing zones.

gillsminnow

Quote from: Skissor on January 22, 2017, 08:18:32 AM

You can extract strawberry, blueberry, gooseberry seeds etc. but you have no option to plant any of these plants in the growing zones.

Have you done the agriculture research?

ArthoriusBalen

Hi! How do i get neutroamine seeds from Vegetable Garden?

GreatAlucard

So I'm using this mod among several others from a modpack "Rimworld ++" to be precise and I've noticed that seeds are mostly extremely scarce, I've read previous pages and you said that with a high skill farmer that wouldn't happen but, I've tested it on 2 games, going for around 2 years on each both times starting with a farmer at skill 10~12, with a passion for it (which at the start is around 2% harvest fail chance) and still it was never enough for a sustainable income of seeds.

Of course the difficulty has some cause here since extreme gives 90% crops only but in reality a scenario where crops don't provide enough seeds for an even bigger set of crops simply does not exist, I'm fine with balancing for the game, of course, but at the moment it appears that even when gathering all seeds, and transforming all the crops into seeds with the workbench there is a net loss of seeds and no income in the form of crops, which just doesn't make sense. With healroot this is even more severe, I started with 40 seeds, all got sowed and harvested, all herbal med kits got transformed into seeds and in the end of it I had around half the number I started with (?)

I like the mod and plan on using it more but the amount of seeds that each crop gives back needs a significant increase, as a matter of fact the average seed payout of a crop being 1 or lower doesn't make sense (I understand it being low for gameplay reasons but if after planting and harvesting 9 potatoes someone can't plant other 9 potatoes for a lack of seeds farming lost all it's purpose).

When a pawn has low growing skill forcing the conversion of crops into seeds is a nice balancing workaround, but not in the ratio that it currently happens, which is 25 to 5, or 5 plants to 1 seed.

The modpack I'm using does include the vegetable garden addon, in case that is important.

Since I'm using a very large set of mods I always need to at least consider that the problem is a conflict on my end, so if the problem happens only with me please disregard everything I said.

On another note, If I am doing something terribly wrong and there is a better way to create a steady income of seeds, also disregard what I said, but in this case that information would be very welcome.

Other than that, great work on the mod, cheers!

Oragepoilu

Hello,

First of all, thx for this mod, I find it really cool.

However, I end up having too much "random difficulty" because once associated with other mod (I'm talking about SK hardcore),

between meteorite shower, biome location, randomness of trader, fire spread (because of raid etc), and incapacitation of my pawn with hight skill I end up not being able, after 3 years, to get any income of plants of any kind beside tree (as they can take more damage).

The best I had was a few peach & berry as I they grow wild, mostly useless for me (they quickly go away and I can't do anything with it beside some juice that is meh :P)

My question is : Will it be troublesome for my save if I remove this mod, after editing my save file and remove instance of your mod inside it ?

I am actually trying it regardless, and atm it looks like it run, but I'm not a modder and don't know if I'll be missing something else. If it's the case, I would appreciate to be aware about it.

thx for reading :)

RickyMartini

Quote from: gillsminnow on January 22, 2017, 08:50:00 AM
Quote from: Skissor on January 22, 2017, 08:18:32 AM

Have you done the agriculture research?

Nope, thanks for solving this though  ::)

RagingLoony

Got an odd bug, not gamebreaking or anything, kinda funny actually. It's to do with eaither Seeds or MFO, as this didn't happen before adding them just now. When combined with MApReroll, when you reroll your character(s) will be naked lol. Everything else is fine, except they're naked after reroll. they have thei clothes on intial spawn, but after reroll their clothes are lost to space and time.

EDIT: I assume this has absolutely nothing to do with Seeds, and is something to do with MFO, but I thought I'd say I added them both for transparency purposes

faltonico

Quote from: faltonico on January 19, 2017, 06:42:04 PM
One healroot seed gives one plant which in turn gives 1/5 of a seed when processed (25 healroot to produce 5 seeds) and destroys all the product... ¿is that intentional or am i doing something wrong?
Quote from: notfood on January 19, 2017, 09:55:39 PM
hmmm true, it gives one plant. I'll up it massively.

Changes are updated in github source.
Hi there!
The change you made didn't seem to be noticeable even with a grower level 17, i'm using version 0.16.1.1 (from the download link), MFO and the vegetable garden addon. I ended up changing the extract recipe in the bench, otherwise i would be growing just to use the meds... It reminded me of what Monsanto does with its crops. Maybe they founded a branch in the Rim, "Rimsanto" xD
Thank you for your continued efforts!

onerous1

Quote from: faltonico on February 10, 2017, 12:19:19 AM
Hi there!
The change you made didn't seem to be noticeable even with a grower level 17, i'm using version 0.16.1.1 (from the download link), MFO and the vegetable garden addon. I ended up changing the extract recipe in the bench, otherwise i would be growing just to use the meds... It reminded me of what Monsanto does with its crops. Maybe they founded a branch in the Rim, "Rimsanto" xD

Who do you think those pirate raiders work for? You can't just use seed from the harvest for next year's crop. It's their property, thief, and those raiders are to make sure Rimsanto gets their cut. No freebies here.

faltonico

Quote from: onerous1 on February 10, 2017, 08:03:53 AM
Quote from: faltonico on February 10, 2017, 12:19:19 AM
Hi there!

Who do you think those pirate raiders work for? You can't just use seed from the harvest for next year's crop. It's their property, thief, and those raiders are to make sure Rimsanto gets their cut. No freebies here.
They should have hired Mercenaries, Talons, Federation or even Cesarstwo Wschodnie instead, their organs are only making me richer and the crops are still growing >=D

EDIT: In another matter, i am getting this error when harvesting haygrass:
Spawned thing with 0 stackCount: SeedHaygrass3245610
Verse.Log:Error(String)
AlienRace.GenSpawnAlien:SpawnModded(Thing, IntVec3, Map, Rot4)
Verse.GenSpawn:Spawn(Thing, IntVec3, Map)
Verse.GenPlace:TryPlaceDirect(Thing, IntVec3, Map, Thing&, Action`2)
Verse.GenPlace:TryPlaceThing(Thing, IntVec3, Map, ThingPlaceMode, Thing&, Action`2)
Verse.GenPlace:TryPlaceThing(Thing, IntVec3, Map, ThingPlaceMode, Action`2)
SeedsPlease.<HarvestSeedsToil>c__AnonStorey1:<>m__0()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Sometimes it doesn't spawn seeds.

ambivalence

Could you add seeds for ZWCannaHerb (link), please? And it's also would be very kind of you, if you make tobacco seeds for Jecrell's Tobacco and Cigarettes (link). Thank you in advance.

dnks

Hi notfood! Thanks for mantaining the awesome mod, keep it up.

I know that you intentionally made it so that psychoid and smokeleafs don't have a seed extraction job, but, if I were to edit it for my game, how exactly should it look like?

I followed the Recipes Base and took a look at the other and I'm almost sure that I restarted the game after I made the changes (to Recipes_Plants_Processing.xml) don't know if I'm missing anything.

<RecipeDef ParentName="ExtractSeed">
    <defName>ExtractSeedSmokeleaf</defName>
    <label>Extract Smokeleaf Seeds</label>
    <description>Extract seeds from Raw Smokeleaf.</description>
    <ingredients>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>RawSmokeLeaf</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>25</count>
      </li>
    </ingredients>
    <fixedIngredientFilter>
      <thingDefs>
        <li>RawSmokeleaf</li>
      </thingDefs>
    </fixedIngredientFilter>
    <products>
      <SeedSmokeleaf>5</SeedSmokelead>
    </products>
  </RecipeDef>

<RecipeDef ParentName="ExtractSeed">
    <defName>ExtractSeedPsychoid</defName>
    <label>Extract Psychoid Seeds</label>
    <description>Extract seeds from Raw Psychoid.</description>
    <ingredients>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>RawPsychoid</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>25</count>
      </li>
    </ingredients>
    <fixedIngredientFilter>
      <thingDefs>
        <li>RawPsychoid</li>
      </thingDefs>
    </fixedIngredientFilter>
    <products>
      <SeedPsychoid>5</SeedPsychoid>
    </products>
  </RecipeDef>

Also, I'm probably going to use the spreadsheet someone else used to make some balances (cost of seeds, raw plant and possibly food), I don't know if others would be interested in it, but, would it be okay to send it to you so that you can put it on the first post if I end up making it? I wouldn't consider balancing a mod worthy of being posted in a new thread.

EDIT: I think the mistake is that the plants are called SmokeleafLeaves and PsychoidLeaves, I haven't checked any further tbh.

If anyone is interested in the seed balance: Here's a spreadsheet
As of right now, there's some basic math involved using the numbers that I found in the mod files and the games economy print out using the dev tools, it made sense to me for some reason, hope others can also make sense of it. There's some "Hardcore" values, maybe some people will think it's too easy or that the numbers could be a bit higher, so I've taken that into account, maybe there can be 2 diferent balance mods for it.
A few of those values might need to be modified by hand for realism, haven't gotten into that.