[1.0] SeedsPlease!

Started by notfood, August 16, 2016, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ultra4

With the seeds please, i seem to have lost some fruit trees from the vegetable garden: With prepare carefully can't bring banana seeds (one example),i can bring banana fruit though. And in plant processing bench, none of the fruit trees can create seeds. (can't find traders with those seeds either).

dnks

Quote from: ultra4 on June 03, 2017, 12:53:49 PM
With the seeds please, i seem to have lost some fruit trees from the vegetable garden: With prepare carefully can't bring banana seeds (one example),i can bring banana fruit though. And in plant processing bench, none of the fruit trees can create seeds. (can't find traders with those seeds either).
Can confirm, Banana is not on the lists.
As for other fruit trees, I saw several of them but am not sure if all of them are there. Also, do bear in mind that for most of the VG garden things you need to do some research on the bench first, most require Agriculture II.

Btw, notfood, seeds are getting a x 0.01 item sell price multiplier, is this intended? I think getting 1% back for selling seeds is kinda low... The <SellPriceFactor>0.01</SellPriceFactor> on Items_Seed_Base really bugs me out, some seeds are worth a few bucks in the market, just for selling you get .50 and depending on difficulty it goes even lower than that, could you consider setting it somewhere between 0.70 and 0.30? :)

notfood

Banana is not there hm...

I haven't touched SellPriceFactor since taking over the mod, it's pretty much legacy values when you used to get way too many seeds alphas ago. I'll check for balance.

ultra4

None of the fruit trees: apple, banana, Orange, Peach, Date, Cherries, Olives, Coconut, Fig

Can't make seeds from the fruit at the bench, can't "prepare carefully with them".

notfood

Yeah, I didn't add them. They were missed by my script, it means this addon isn't touching those. They should appear in your game.

ultra4

Yep... i didn't test it.... As soon as you research agriculture III, you can plant them without seeds. Seems weird though, i got into a seeds mindset and now its weird to plant directly from thin air. (could you add it? "seeds please")

notfood

Release for SeedsPlease Vegetable Garden addon.
- Adds the missing trees: Appletree, BananaTree, orangeTree, PeachTree, DateTree, FigTree, Cherrytree, Coconuttree, Olivetree
- Some spelling corrections.

ArthoriusBalen

Hi! I notice that the agave seeds are missing!

notfood

Agave is not sowable... Right?

faltonico

Hi there!
Did you managed to balance the yield of healroot?

notfood

Healroot and wild healroot yield 5 raw healroot, it's proceesed 1:1 in the plant processing bench for medicine.

faltonico

Quote from: notfood on June 08, 2017, 08:27:54 PM
Healroot and wild healroot yield 5 raw healroot, it's proceesed 1:1 in the plant processing bench for medicine.
I'll give it a try, eventually xD
Thanks!

dburgdorf

Just wanted to drop a quick note here to say that my "Wild Cultivation" mod is now fully compatible with "Seeds Please!" No patch mod is necessary. If "Seeds Please!" is in use, wild plants will drop seeds that can be used to grow their cultivated counterparts. And plants which can't be cultivated in vanilla RimWorld -- agave, saguaro cacti and ambrosia -- will drop seeds.

Many thanks to notfood for helping me get everything figured out! :D
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

AllenWL

If I have a mod that adds a new plant along with seeds please, but seeds please doesn't have the seeds for it, what happens?

notfood

SeedsPlease only touches those plants that have a blueprintDef that points to "thing". You could even do the sowing with steel, chunks or even corpses if you so desire as long as the plant definition point there in the blueprintDef.

The SeedDef is there to help you add the blueprintDef to the plant, it's basically a convenient shortcut that gives you the seedbag texture and seed grouping.

Anyhow, you just got to know the defName of the plant you want to add then put the following in a new mod or the mod itself or even inside seedsplease Defs folder.
<SeedPlease.SeedDef><defName>MySeed</defName><plant>MyPlant</plant></SeedPlease.SeedDef>