[1.0] SeedsPlease!

Started by notfood, August 16, 2016, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoaxdream

my colonist wont sow, right clicking is not working on sowing, nothing pop up

notfood

Screenshot? Info of the seed? Type of the growing area? Mod list? I can't help you with so little details.

hoaxdream

i cant sow corn and cotton. when im right clicking nothing show

hoaxdream

mods are:
-runtimegc
-edb prepare carefully
-hugslib
-colony manager
-stack merger
-advance power generation
-hospitality
-allow tool
-chemicals & neutroamine
-conduit deconstruct
-defensive position
-dubs hygiene and central heating
-efficient light
-Epoe
-hand me that brick
-nackblad inc rimhair
-more furniture
-more floors
-more beds vanilla
-organized research tab
-programmablevents
-smooth stone walls
-industrial rollers
-roofless
-ed laser drill
-fashionrimsta
-realistic rooms
-wanderer stat
-refugee stat
-a dog said
-area unlocker
-follow me
-quality builder
-seeds please
-vegetable garden
-medical tab
-work tab
-jtreplacewalls

in that order too

hoaxdream

Quote from: notfood on June 14, 2017, 11:50:27 PM
Screenshot? Info of the seed? Type of the growing area? Mod list? I can't help you with so little details.
sorry, thats all the details, please check, i really like to have your mod working. thank you

notfood

Where is your cotton seeds?

You need the Vegetable Garden addon to make those plants require seeds.

hoaxdream

Quote from: notfood on June 15, 2017, 01:35:55 AM
Where is your cotton seeds?

You need the Vegetable Garden addon to make those plants require seeds.

vegetable garden addon is different from just Vegetable garden? if so, where is the link please ty

notfood

https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-SeedsPlease/releases/download/0.17.1.2/SeedsPlease-VG_0.17.1.2.zip

I repeat, where are your cotton seeds? I think you may not be understanding what this mod is about. All growing zones will require seeds to start sowing.

hoaxdream

yup i got it now, thanks for the help

Dark_Inquisitor

Hey, I've just found weird bug/glitch - when you designate a tree to be cut from the menu (architect > orders > chop wood > tree) a seed drops. BUT, when you first select a tree and then designate it to be cut (tree > chop wood), it does not happen :S

onerous1

Quote from: Dark_Inquisitor on June 21, 2017, 05:15:29 PM
Hey, I've just found weird bug/glitch - when you designate a tree to be cut from the menu (architect > orders > chop wood > tree) a seed drops. BUT, when you first select a tree and then designate it to be cut (tree > chop wood), it does not happen :S

Is that why I haven't been getting any tree seeds? Out of all the pines I've cut down I've only gotten one seed for my efforts. Must test this further.

notfood

It depends on the growth. I don't remember the exact number but your chance to get the seed or two increases as the tree matures. It doesn't matter if you use the designator or the gizmo, both point to the same overrided designator.

https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-SeedsPlease/blob/master/Source/JobDriver_PlantHarvestWithSeeds.cs#L59

You probably use the gizmo because your tree hasn't matured at all.

onerous1

I've just tested it and Dark_Inquisitor is right. I only chop down trees when they are 95% or higher. You do get more seeds if you use the tool in the Orders tab instead of clicking the tree first and clicking the chop tree button afterward. I've chopped many mature trees using the latter method and never received seeds. When I switched to using the Ordered tab button then I receive seeds regardless of the maturity of the tree. However, I haven't tested this with just Seeds Please so I don't know if it's a mod conflict.

Dark_Inquisitor

Quote from: onerous1 on June 22, 2017, 09:30:23 AM
I've just tested it and Dark_Inquisitor is right. I only chop down trees when they are 95% or higher. You do get more seeds if you use the tool in the Orders tab instead of clicking the tree first and clicking the chop tree button afterward. I've chopped many mature trees using the latter method and never received seeds. When I switched to using the Ordered tab button then I receive seeds regardless of the maturity of the tree. However, I haven't tested this with just Seeds Please so I don't know if it's a mod conflict.
I tested it in the dev mode (20 growing skill), one method was giving seeds every time, the other was not.
I'm pretty sure it's one of the quirks of the designation tools :S

carpediembr

Not sure where I should be asking, but I'm runing Vegetable garden + Seeds Please and I'm having trouble trying to find "useless coffee beans"

Anyone got an idea?