[1.0] SeedsPlease!

Started by notfood, August 16, 2016, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

Realta

AlyfoxLP

I've started to use this mod, and holy cow does it make the game so much more difficult. Particularly since a single meal of a vegetable seems to use up 10 at a time.

bigheadzach

Biggest hurdle I've found is that I've not been able to get a source of healroot with which to start planting.

What happens now when healroot is harvested? Is there a process by which raw healroot becomes herbal medicine?

notfood

Yes, in the plant processing table

AlyfoxLP

Quote from: bigheadzach on November 29, 2017, 12:20:37 AM
Biggest hurdle I've found is that I've not been able to get a source of healroot with which to start planting.

What happens now when healroot is harvested? Is there a process by which raw healroot becomes herbal medicine?

The Plant Production table, you can either convert 5 of the heal root bits into 1 heal root, or convert x amount (I havnt tried yet) into seeds

bigheadzach

Makes sense. Just got a crappy map roll that has no wild healroot growing anywhere in my colony area. So I'll need to settle somewhere else (or use Setup Camp and see if I can manage to grab some elsewhere).

onerous1

I'm having some trouble with healroot while using Seeds Please and Vegetable Garden Project. Whenever I harvest healroot I either receive one raw healroot, 1 or 2 seeds, or nothing at all (not even a harvest failed message). Without VGP I receive the normal 5 raw healroot though I would have to check if I receive seeds in addition to the raw materials. Don't know if this is a VGP issue or a Seeds Please issue.

notfood

Download the dev version from github. It's a bug I fixed already.

onerous1

Thank you for the bug fix.  :)

Zalpha

Heard a lot about this mod, going to give it a try.

ertzuiop

Hi i got an issue while harvesting healroot plants, they wont drop raw healroot, instead it gives herbal medicine.

Gi1g4m3sh

Nice mod!! But I see one gameplay problem. As I've played a bit, initially we do become dependant of caravans to bring seeds to start our farm. As far as I saw, only mushrooms and big trees are spawning seeds but these won't grow for food (mushrooms need agriculture II [Vegetable Garden feature] to work].

Is there any way to maybe raise the chance of caravans or visitors to have seeds to sell? Or maybe better, make plants spawnable on the environment, even in minimal quantities. I searched the whole Release forum for one mod that does this but found none.

Thanks in advance!

notfood

Check the WildCultivation mod by Rainbeau, to give you a headstart.

Canute

Or just add a few seed with the scenario editor at your next gamestart.
Prepare carefully works too.
If you forget them at your current game, i think you can spawn 25 seeds of potatos with the dev tools without being called as cheating. :-)