[1.0] SeedsPlease!

Started by notfood, August 16, 2016, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ertzuiop

Thats the question. Do i need to remove it entirely or ist it enough to delete the label in AdvancedAnimalFramework.
At the moment i just use Arachnid and Wild Animal Sex from Walking Problem. Which, i guess, doesnt need AAF.
But after its updated i would like to use Rimslaves, thats why i installed AAF in the first place.
So just delete "sow crops" from AAF?

Canute

Try it out, you still can replace it with the original file.
But Rimslaves and Minions will use the Sow feature, but maybe WP will adjust the framework if you report it to him.

notfood

Why's it affecting humanlike? Isn't it an animal framework? Sounds like their bug.

ertzuiop

Send a PM now and replied on his outdated thread. Deleted it from my modlist for now. Case closed

forumgod

Can you make it so this is only about "unlocking" a seed type, instead of having to count how many seeds you need to sow x plants? For example if you acquire one potato seed, you can plant any potatoes you want from here on. I'm only asking to make it an alternate option in the mod, not replace the existing system.

notfood

It'd miss the point of the mod. Isn't it better to gate them through research? You should look into RimCuisine and VegetableGardenProject.

forumgod

Unlocking seeds through research doesn't make sense, because it means you could get cocoa seeds even if you started in sea ice. Research gives you seeds out of thin air. Your system of extracting or finding them in their natural environment is better, if only it wasn't limited by quantity.

onerous1

Quote from: nickdos on January 06, 2019, 11:39:34 AM
Unlocking seeds through research doesn't make sense, because it means you could get cocoa seeds even if you started in sea ice. Research gives you seeds out of thin air. Your system of extracting or finding them in their natural environment is better, if only it wasn't limited by quantity.

Is the issue not getting enough seeds to supply your colony? You can alter your start by allotting a certain number of seeds. Otherwise, your suggestion sounds like a normal vanilla start where you can plant anything you want if you have the skill or research unlocked. If you think you should get more seeds then one option is to edit the drop rates for harvesting.

I usually start with 50 of the basic seeds (corn, potatoes, rice, psychoid, hops) and the rest I explore different land masses to gather different plants. The first year isn't too bad to begin stocking up on seeds. My priority is to get to 100 seeds of the starter crops. Then only use half for next years planting season in case of bad events (blight, cold snap, toxic fallout, etc) so it doesn't kill your supply.

notfood

Take into account that seeds availability is expotential. If you start with 1, next round you will get 4 if you process them into seeds. Then from 4 to 16. From there anything you want.

The trick is always in managing your produce. How much it goes into seeds and how much it goes into food.

ptx

I know it's easy to add additional seed defs for any mod, but I think this mod needs seed defs for Lord of the Rims and Smokeleaf Industry, since those are pretty large mods.
LoTRElves adds lembas plant and mallorn tree, LoTRHobbits adds pipeweed, LoTRDwarves adds earthbread and honeyroot, while Smokeleaf Industry adds its own smokeleaf seed resource, not plantable, exchanging that resource to smokeleaf seeds would be nice.

temple_wing

"Defs_OnDemand" should test the existence of a Def.

Mod "Syrchalis Blueberries" removes many defs from VGP. When I have both Syr and VGP, I will get a "def not found" error, because those defs are removed by Syr.
Would you please check the existence of a Def before run a auto-seed-creation?

RicRider

This mod is the best. Can't live without it. I love that you need to have multiple growing areas that deal with different seeds and plants and set up bills on multiple benches to get the most out of automating the seed generation project!

That being said, I've noticed there's some shenanigans with the mushrooms going on. I can't extract glowstool seeds and I can only buy them from traders. When I use raw fungus to extract Agarilux seeds I get Agarilux seeds that I can't seem to plant. Can you look into this?

Also, when I extract strawberry seeds I have to use the berries that I find wild on the map. But I don't know how to plant the wild berries. Is this intended?

Also I'm thinking of adding some other mushrooms to my game like the Noku mod and any others I find. Do you know of any other plant mods that work with your mod that I can add?
##Coding Scrub##

notfood

They should all work, they'll get handled by the auto seed generator.

It's best to do manually though, you can balance the prices and give them proper textures and correct names.

temple_wing

Will you add some genetically engineered seeds? I see "multiplier of yields" and "multiplier of seeds", that is designed for some "advanced seeds" right?

modderei53

Hi Charlotte,

don't get any growing xp by harvesting with the mod active, regardless of load order.

Any idea what could cause it?