[1.0] SeedsPlease!

Started by notfood, August 16, 2016, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

Tocato

alright i will do that. Another question this time about the potato plant. I see the OP has some code I need to write somewhere, but im wondering where? Can you tell me which folder/file I need to add it to is?

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Tocato on August 19, 2019, 07:19:37 AM
alright i will do that. Another question this time about the potato plant. I see the OP has some code I need to write somewhere, but im wondering where? Can you tell me which folder/file I need to add it to is?

Only if you're creating new seeds for a mod. Otherwise you do not need to do anything.

If you are, you just need to add them into the Defs. I'd also suggest an extraction recipe.

Tocato

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on August 20, 2019, 11:34:28 PM
Quote from: Tocato on August 19, 2019, 07:19:37 AM

Only if you're creating new seeds for a mod. Otherwise you do not need to do anything.

If you are, you just need to add them into the Defs. I'd also suggest an extraction recipe.
Do I not need to do it for potatos? I am able to sow them without any seeds on my new colony

Canute

Did you use any other mod, that maybe alter the potato plants ?
Did you try to move SeedsPlease at the end of the modlist ?

Tocato

Quote from: Canute on August 21, 2019, 04:12:00 AM
Did you use any other mod, that maybe alter the potato plants ?
Did you try to move SeedsPlease at the end of the modlist ?
only one i can think of is rimcuisine i dont use vegetable garden or any other food mod. Yes its the last mod on the list

Edit: apparently i can sow more crops without the use of seeds

Tocato

another thing i wanna mention is with the mod survival tools (enabled hardcore mode which should mean i cant do jobs without the proper tools, so cant grow without sickle) I am able to bypass the requirement and can not only sow without seeds, but harvest without the tool equipped. It seems likely to be a conflict with that mod? Because ive also had crafting quality and quality builder mods be ignored by my colonists

Canute

You can try to move survival tools pretty high at the modlist, so other mods like Quality builder or Seedsplease patch the things survival tools allready patched before.
Maybe that help.

Tocato

i moved it higher, i still get seeds its just it bypasses their need altogether

It worked for wheat seeds but other seeds like from rimcuisine, and even vanilla like potatos, can be planted without them

makute

Is there a recommended load order when using SeedsPlease! along with Rainbeau's Fertile Fields, Rainbeau's Wild Cultivation and Extended Fabrics?

I had cotton seeds and balls back in B18, but can't get it to work in 1.0.

Thanks a lot.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Tocato on August 24, 2019, 06:59:06 AM
i moved it higher, i still get seeds its just it bypasses their need altogether

It worked for wheat seeds but other seeds like from rimcuisine, and even vanilla like potatos, can be planted without them
I'm having a similar problem. Seeds are required for: healroot, barley, wheat, onion, carrots, common mushrooms

Seeds not required for: potato(these are clicked by default but don't show up on the list when I click to see all crops, must mean I need to research them first but for some reason am bypassing it's seed requirements?) bush, pincushion cactus, low shrubs, tall grass, regular grass, cats eye plant, catnip plant,
And flowers like dandelion Rose daylily and geranium.

I'm also not using vg only rimcuisine

Canute

When it is only potato and not rice/corn, you maybe should look at your mod's if anyone change potato's.
Cat's eye and catnip are from other mods (Orassan i think) and would need a patch.

Generell this mod would need a detour patch methode and check for all plantable def entries and patch them. So it wouldn't need any speciel patch anymore.

sayheyjay

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on August 28, 2019, 02:36:39 AM
When it is only potato and not rice/corn, you maybe should look at your mod's if anyone change potato's.
Cat's eye and catnip are from other mods (Orassan i think) and would need a patch.

Generell this mod would need a detour patch methode and check for all plantable def entries and patch them. So it wouldn't need any speciel patch anymore.
now that you mention it i dont see rice or corn as one of the plants I can sow. Hmmm i was thinking maybe rimcuisine locked it behind research but ill have to see.

@sayhey wow i didnt know gloomy furniture added something that would conflict with SP

JaJe

I don't know why but since I started playing with this mod, nobody, absolutelly nobody sell HAY seeds! Not even dedicated orbital traders.

EDIT:
Never mind, after 4 years in my gameplay a trader FINALLY decided to sell just 5 seeds of hay.

Now I noticed another issue, to Weave cotton cloth, it requires minimum skill of crafting: 4
However, some of my pawn with high skill of crafting but low on cooking won't allow me. This is the issue:

Why would it need cooking skill?
I ate without a table and I liked it.