Intelligent Stacking/Hauling

Started by sparda666, March 08, 2014, 11:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparda666

One thing I noticed is that haulers will tend to drop off materials in stockpiles in such a way that I seem to have a lot of small piles of food instead of filling a stack to 75 before starting another stack. This causes the chef to make two trips to my food storage pile - even when I only have potatoes in storage (e.g. I have lots of stacks of < 10 potatoes. The chef will grab one pile, bring it to the stove, and make another trip to grab more potatoes).

I think there are at least two ways to improve this.

1) have haulers prioritize in maxing out a stack in storage before starting a new one
2) have chefs pick up all the materials they need before going to the stove (similar to how haulers will grab multiple stacks of materials until they are full before they go to storage). However for the more complicated meals this might not be possible since they require two different ingredients and I think colonists can only carry a single type of item right now.

StorymasterQ

Hear hear for the second solution. This could be extended to all and any creation hauling jobs, so not only cooking but also stone cutting and other job giving mods.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Thunder Rahja

I've had colonists somehow place 3 stacks of the same resource on the same square before, totaling more than 150. This is a bug.