I know C#, but I'm artistically handicapped. Any ideas?

Started by NullQuery, August 16, 2016, 02:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NullQuery

Senior programmer with a screw loose. I'm considering to develop some sci-fi things, but I don't have any graphics. Are there any existing groups out there that I can contribute to? Or does anyone have any requests (w/ the necessary graphics attached) for me to work on?

I might want to give this modding thing a shot, and see if I can come up with suggestions to streamline the process.

Master Bucketsmith

Wow, I'm the opposite. :P I've recently gotten into RW modding and I can't get the hang of C#.
I've got a few things that I'd love to see to improve my mods, but I can't figure out how the code language works.
Would you be interested in hearing what I got?

kaptain_kavern

Hi.

I'd say that the quickest way to reach a good number of modders (beside the forum) his on the Slackware : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14501.0

Grishnerf

could you make the camera scroll/zoom out even more?
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Seikikai

Quote from: Bucketsmith on August 16, 2016, 02:31:08 PM
Wow, I'm the opposite. :P I've recently gotten into RW modding and I can't get the hang of C#.
I've got a few things that I'd love to see to improve my mods, but I can't figure out how the code language works.
Would you be interested in hearing what I got?

RawCode

use colored squares bro.

really, senior coder without knowledge of placeholders?

RemingtonRyder

Even if you aren't especially artistic, you can use a path tool or 'selection to path' to create shapes.

Tapkevich

We will be happy to see experienced C# programmer in RA team. If you are interested PM me on forum, or slack.

theubie

Do what I did: 

• Marry a graphic designer.
  • Then, have her not have time to help you with graphics. 
  • Make your own crappy graphics and release your mods with them. 
  • Include in your FAQ:  Why do the graphics look so...bad?  A: I'm a developer, not a designer.  If you want to make something that looks awesome, send it to me and if it's good I'll use it and give you credit for it.  Otherwise, just have a giggle at my MSPaint skills and enjoy the mod.