Willing to start modding/learning to mod.

Started by hendrikpfaff, August 16, 2016, 04:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hendrikpfaff

Hey guys.
I want to learn modding to add things to the game for this great rimworld comminution, but I can not because I am inexperienced.
I have a few questions about the teach of modding.
Where can you learn best to mod? (Guides / wikipedia / from other modders?) Have you perhaps any advice for someone who has never done anything with modding, but want to learn it and has no experience in any coding :(?

Thank you for your time!  :D

kaptain_kavern

Hi,

There is another thread with similar question and some replied yet. It's here : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24449.0

RawCode

please check sticky thread of this forum branch (you can find it by checking all sticky threads):
Mod-making Tutorials on the Wiki

hendrikpfaff

hendrikpfaff

Nvm I have dyslexia, making it difficult to correctly read the guide of modding and because English is not my first language, it is a disaster :(. So I guess I just let it rest until I can find someone who can explain it to me with words instead of that I have read in a guidebook. (Thank you for your help)

milon

A good way to learn is to update an A12 or A13 mod to A14.  See my modder's reference (signature) for details on XML layout.

CallMeDio

Hello, for modding rimworld what you need to know is a little xml, and you can do a lot with it, the C# is only for what xml can't do.
if you have a easier time learning with someone speaking try looking for explanations about xml on youtube in your language.
QuoteYou may need a rubber duck.  Also, try some caveman debugging.

Released mods: No Mood Loss on Prisoner Sold or Died

hendrikpfaff

I'm already trying to watch videos even if there are none in my language so i need to look them in english, but thats no problem i just cant read guides very good becuse i mess the words up. :-\

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: milon on August 17, 2016, 09:00:22 AM
A good way to learn is to update an A12 or A13 mod to A14.  See my modder's reference (signature) for details on XML layout.
Thank you very much. I will use it even when my friend needs to help me read it but still thanks for this great signature.  ;D