[A15] [A16] Humanoid Alien Races v0.9 (01.01.2017)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, August 16, 2016, 05:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DraconicGaming

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on October 26, 2016, 06:49:40 PM
Well, loading older presets is going to be tough anyway since I had to shuffle around quite a few lines of code. I tried to keep compability as high as I can, but some things just aren't stored in your old presets that are needed for the pawns to be initalized properly. I'll put that into the description on the front page.

As for your first, second and final bug, so far I've been unable to reproduce them. If you can, please send me some screenshots of your errors in a pm and I'll see what I can do.

The switch of hair and skincolor should be fixed now though.

Here's a video. Hope it helps.

Sorry about the lack of good commentary. I'm working on it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_4I450MvQGVTdFVzVqZUNmdjg/view?usp=sharing
EDIT: RIP Headphone Users

KillaAnime

Quote from: DraconicGaming on October 26, 2016, 06:16:32 PM
Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on October 26, 2016, 08:43:30 AM
Anything more specific than "pretty buggy"? It's hard to fix if I don't know what you are experiencing. And what do you mean with Race Presets?

I'll give a low down:

First, One of the first bugs I encountered was when I changed one of my pre-made characters to another race. It prevented me from even starting the game, let alone back out of the Prepare Carefully Screen.

Second, some faces don't load correctly. I actually ended up with a pretty huge error which crashed Prepare Carefully, destroying all progress I've made. Apparently the patched version has some missing textures to deal with, but it only occurs when I try to change the face shape directly, rather than use the randomizer.

Third, I've been using colony presets with Prepare Carefully since I have loaded it up for the first time. However, the patched version can't seem to detect the race modifier, and chooses that selection at random. Basically, when I load a preset, a colonist that was set to be human would have the Devilman race instead. It doesn't help that both skin and hair color are changed with each load...

Finally, I tried starting up the game with the modified Prepare Carefully mod, and it wouldn't even let me start the game. I have no idea why this is the case, but it is a little infuriating.

Hope that clears up the issue. I'm not sure what is causing all of this, but I hope it can be dealt with soon...

i have the last bug is it becuase you loaded in a preset with a human in it ? that is my problem i made a preset with humans and it wont load but other races do work

Commander Blackwatch

Minor Problem

While im using Prepare Careful mod I add a armor to them its keep removing when its spawn or land the planet please fix this bug
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

Pink Omega

I have the '' Crystalloids '' mod, and it requires the same steps to install the Orassans prepare carefully (Crystalloids > crystalloids EPOE patch (optional)> EDB prepare carefully alien races) and that's the problem, I only can activate 1 mod in this order, otherwise the prepare carefully button in the '' create character '' menu does literally nothing when I click it, so how i'm supposed to activate the 2 mods at the same time?

PS:When I try to activate the mods at the same order and the same time, it also leads to the prepare carefully button doing nothing when clicked

<=To Be Continued/\/

Diana Winters

Quote from: Pink Omega on October 30, 2016, 06:48:26 PM
I have the '' Crystalloids '' mod, and it requires the same steps to install the Orassans prepare carefully (Crystalloids > crystalloids EPOE patch (optional)> EDB prepare carefully alien races) and that's the problem, I only can activate 1 mod in this order, otherwise the prepare carefully button in the '' create character '' menu does literally nothing when I click it, so how i'm supposed to activate the 2 mods at the same time?

PS:When I try to activate the mods at the same order and the same time, it also leads to the prepare carefully button doing nothing when clicked

Try removing the alienframework.dll from the assemblies of one of them and loading it after the one you left it in (but before the PC patch)

jmababa

to remove clothes restriction put medieval mod on top of this Also you know the fix for this is medieval mod the EDb preparecarefully bug cause it modify the races too races has bugs. now eveyone has diffrent races but they all look human

Cpt.Ohu

The Prepare Carefully Patch isn't really fleshed out yet and probably needs additional fixes. I've just now updated both the Framework and the patch to prevent some of the errors.

Quote from: Blackwatch27 on October 30, 2016, 09:18:33 AM
Minor Problem

While im using Prepare Careful mod I add a armor to them its keep removing when its spawn or land the planet please fix this bug

Are you using MapReroll? Because that mod also accesses your starting pawns and overrides the apparel set by PC.

I tested the loadout with both orassans + EPOE and crystalloids + EPOE enabled and got no errors. If the error persists with the updated version, please check the log and tell me what error message comes up.

Pink Omega

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on October 31, 2016, 08:04:14 AM
The Prepare Carefully Patch isn't really fleshed out yet and probably needs additional fixes. I've just now updated both the Framework and the patch to prevent some of the errors.

Quote from: Blackwatch27 on October 30, 2016, 09:18:33 AM
Minor Problem

Are you using MapReroll? Because that mod also accesses your starting pawns and overrides the apparel set by PC.

I tested the loadout with both orassans + EPOE and crystalloids + EPOE enabled and got no errors. If the error persists with the updated version, please check the log and tell me what error message comes up.
So I just loaded at this way: Orassan and Crystalloid, then the epoe patch for both, then the prepare carefully alien races.
So I choose the faction to be an orassan one or a crystalloid one, yet when I click the prepare carefully button on the create character screen nothing happens.
I just can't click it :/
Here's the log (Also the messages on the log repeat everytime I click the prepare carefully button)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

<=To Be Continued/\/

Pink Omega

Quote from: Diana Winters on October 30, 2016, 10:30:53 PM

Try removing the alienframework.dll from the assemblies of one of them and loading it after the one you left it in (but before the PC patch)
Nothing :/

<=To Be Continued/\/

Cpt.Ohu

As I stated above, there's an updated version online, please redownload the PC patch, from the log I can tell this is not updated yet. I've enabled both mods including EPOE and patches and my own module without encountering problems with PC.

Pink Omega

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on October 31, 2016, 02:30:38 PM
As I stated above, there's an updated version online, please redownload the PC patch, from the log I can tell this is not updated yet. I've enabled both mods including EPOE and patches and my own module without encountering problems with PC.
This is what is appearing now, I also loaded the mods at the same orders as you did.

<=To Be Continued/\/

Cpt.Ohu

That's because Orassans and Crystalloids have not automatically updated the assemblies they ship with their mod. Download the AlienRace Mod from here and replace the dlls in the respective folders.

Pink Omega

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on October 31, 2016, 04:10:39 PM
That's because Orassans and Crystalloids have not automatically updated the assemblies they ship with their mod. Download the AlienRace Mod from here and replace the dlls in the respective folders.
Finally worked! Thank you, and sorry for taking your time with that.

<=To Be Continued/\/

Cpt.Ohu

Don't worry about it, this would be a pointless mod if people couln't play it  ;)

Diana Winters

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on October 31, 2016, 04:10:39 PM

Well I would have if you'd tell me that it updated and change the version number :p
You still have it listed as 0.8, so there's no way to tell if you've updated it or not