[A15] [A16] Humanoid Alien Races v0.9 (01.01.2017)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, August 16, 2016, 05:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendigo

I've been having a problem with Prepare Carefully: Alien races, in tandem with the Orassan and Crystalloid mods, as follows:

When using the Prepare Carefully option and producing a team of four colonists, two human, two Orassan, my Orassan colonists have randomized (similar to the normal vanilla distribution) skill passions, clothing, and hairstyles.  Actual skill levels, age, and health don't seem to be impacted.  It's a problem with the Orassans specifically, since everything is working properly with my human colonists.

I'm running a fairly extensive modlist, but I'm using the recommended load-order as I'm able.  The only mod I can think of that actually touches the game start is Crash Landing, but I'm using the Easy variant that shouldn't be interfering, in theory. 

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you need any additional information.

DraconicGaming

New Bug: Animal Tab for Prepare Carefully Breaks when mod is placed above Misc. Core. Certain mods do break Prepare Carefully, so try and organize mods based on importance and script load. Anything that can disrupt the load template of the map are somewhat incompatible, so use with caution. Also, unable to start game as of most recent patch.

Suggestion to Author: try to make Humanoid Alien Races either 1) use scripts from Misc Core (it's a pretty interesting alternative to CCL at the moment), or 2) make it compatible with it. Misc Core has some map generation scripts that could be useful for the framework...

Cpt.Ohu

Can you elaborate on how the animal tab breaks? I just placed the EDP-patch as well as the rest of the alien-race mods above core misc and did not get any errors. Core Misc does not include any code that should interefere with this framework.

Updated!
Fixed a bug where the apparel set in PC did not appear on the starting colonist if it was an Alien, thanks to Wendigo for pointing it out.

Pink Omega

Bug (?) report: when you choose to be an crystalloid colony, and then you edit the crystalloids with prepare carefully their psionics actually get removed.

<=To Be Continued/\/

Cpt.Ohu

Yeah, that'll require another separate patch, since not all alien pawns have such unique features. I'll see what I can do about that.

Jdalt40

-Removed to reduce clutter-

Cpt.Ohu

I haven't seen such an error for any of the races I created so far.

Seems ot be related to XML-stuff. The debugger shows you the position in which the read error occured. If you haven't been able to fix it, let me take a look at your xml file and I'll try and see what could be causing this.

Khopesh

Hey I've been attempting to do a new playthrough and really love the mod, adds A lot of depth to creation and backstories in a colony, additionally allows you to spark your imagination with the species you create and their attributes, attempting a test run with alien races and my other mods over the past few hours, it appears alien races is currently incompatible with combat realism for A15, is there any patch for this? or a way to implement combat realism's functions to a new race? thanks for any support, and seriously this mod is my favorite thing I've seen in Rimworld. 5* and a big sparkly pink sticker for you!!

Diana Winters

Quote from: Jdalt40 on November 27, 2016, 09:23:43 AM
<snip>
Are you using the prepare carefully patch? If so, try loading it under your mod

Jdalt40

Hey Cpt Ohu, sorry if this is a bit of an annoyance to you at the moment, but are you able to add sort of a list of what AlienRace tags are in this mod? Just asking because it's a bit vague on what xml tags this tool adds :)

Again thank you for this great tool :)

Cpt.Ohu

Which tags do you mean? For which definitions?

drakemasta

Jdalt40

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on December 15, 2016, 07:36:57 AM
Which tags do you mean? For which definitions?
Oh yeah, sorry, I just noticed there was a disallowed traits tag for the races when opening up the Assembly, but I didn't see anything about you adding in disallowed traits

Kitsune

Sadly i think it dont work with alpha 16. If it do's, i'm doing anything wrong. xD
Trying to start a new game with the patch for prepare carfully & orassans. Creating the world works fine and picking a storyteller but if i want to "prepare carefully" i can click how many times i want but nothing happens. :( If i try without the patch and orassans, only with prepare carefully, it works. ._. Damit now i have to wait til the update because i waaant the cats. xD

Cpt.Ohu

The PC patch and the base mod have not yet been officially updated for A16. Orassans uses a modified version done by Erdelf to enable aliens in A16 because I hadn't come around to fix my stuff yet(+he's a way better programmer than me and therefore moves along faster/more efficiently).

The PC patch that I initally released for A15 is still buggy as hell, even without tackling the necessary adaptations for A16, so this may take a little longer.

EDIT:

Updated the base mod for A16.