[A15] [A16] Humanoid Alien Races v0.9 (01.01.2017)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, August 16, 2016, 05:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Ohu

Updated!

Additional features (race-specific traits, race-restricted clothing) and fixes (code differentiates between male/female heads when looking for graphics):

skyarkhangel

Berengar

Looks like its bugged.
Didnt edit anything, just replaced the headsprites. The name is the same.
Besides that, great work! Gonna swarm my wasteland with creatures. :D

AtomicRavioli

Backstories, btw, aren't working (Because adding backstories is a function of CCL).

Works completely fine otherwise.

Cpt.Ohu

That's weird, backstories are working over here. Will reupload the file, maybe I got the wrong version by mistake.

skyarkhangel

Cpt.Ohu, it is possible to make compatible with Edb PrepareCarefully, Fluffy's Relations?
The problem is, that replacement of appearance don't work when creating pawn with PC or looking relations.

Cpt.Ohu

I'll look into it. At the moment the pawn appearance is only changed at the second it is to be spawned into the gameworld. Therefore any method that tries to display the pawn outside of the gameworld uses the unaltered appearance. I'll have to detour methods from PC and relations to get around this.

Canute

What do you think about to give your aliens some different playstyles ?
Like bioengineer, they don't build stuff. They create seed for any structure, plant them and it is growing in a while (no extra resource cost). They eat steel, pasteel as delicacy.  Just an idea. But i think that would need some more work the simple textures.

Cpt.Ohu

Sounds interesting and may be possible a long way down the line. For the moment, as stated in the initial post, this mod is mainly cosmetics. It's just enabling the graphic representation of classic sci-fi races, meaning basically humans but with certain birth defects or mutations.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on October 16, 2016, 07:55:54 AM
I'll look into it. At the moment the pawn appearance is only changed at the second it is to be spawned into the gameworld. Therefore any method that tries to display the pawn outside of the gameworld uses the unaltered appearance. I'll have to detour methods from PC and relations to get around this.

I thought about it too, but it looks like not all. In fluffy's relations. If you playing for "alien race" the replacement of appearance work fine for your race and not work for non-player alien races. So for this time, i made them hidden. But but its lead to impossible to normal interaction with this races, bcs relations now work with hidden factions.

Cpt.Ohu

Updated!

Featuring a modified version of Prepare Carefully so you can now start out with alien pawns as colonists.

DraconicGaming

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on October 24, 2016, 07:11:42 AM
Updated!

Featuring a modified version of Prepare Carefully so you can now start out with alien pawns as colonists.

Just tested. Pretty buggy, from my experience. Any way to save race presets with a future patch to this "patch"? As of right now, saving Race Presets is virtually impossible...

Cpt.Ohu

Anything more specific than "pretty buggy"? It's hard to fix if I don't know what you are experiencing. And what do you mean with Race Presets?

DraconicGaming

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on October 26, 2016, 08:43:30 AM
Anything more specific than "pretty buggy"? It's hard to fix if I don't know what you are experiencing. And what do you mean with Race Presets?

I'll give a low down:

First, One of the first bugs I encountered was when I changed one of my pre-made characters to another race. It prevented me from even starting the game, let alone back out of the Prepare Carefully Screen.

Second, some faces don't load correctly. I actually ended up with a pretty huge error which crashed Prepare Carefully, destroying all progress I've made. Apparently the patched version has some missing textures to deal with, but it only occurs when I try to change the face shape directly, rather than use the randomizer.

Third, I've been using colony presets with Prepare Carefully since I have loaded it up for the first time. However, the patched version can't seem to detect the race modifier, and chooses that selection at random. Basically, when I load a preset, a colonist that was set to be human would have the Devilman race instead. It doesn't help that both skin and hair color are changed with each load...

Finally, I tried starting up the game with the modified Prepare Carefully mod, and it wouldn't even let me start the game. I have no idea why this is the case, but it is a little infuriating.

Hope that clears up the issue. I'm not sure what is causing all of this, but I hope it can be dealt with soon...

Cpt.Ohu

Well, loading older presets is going to be tough anyway since I had to shuffle around quite a few lines of code. I tried to keep compability as high as I can, but some things just aren't stored in your old presets that are needed for the pawns to be initalized properly. I'll put that into the description on the front page.

As for your first, second and final bug, so far I've been unable to reproduce them. If you can, please send me some screenshots of your errors in a pm and I'll see what I can do.

The switch of hair and skincolor should be fixed now though.