[A15] [A16] Humanoid Alien Races v0.9 (01.01.2017)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, August 16, 2016, 05:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMalk

Cpt.Ohu

EPOE compability is not included in the base mod or the PC standalone, so I think you're talking about the patches from Orassans and Crystalloids.

CrazyMalk

Cpt.Ohu

I'm working on that, but can't make any specific promises.

Probably I'll just make it accessible as soon as it doesn't crash the game anymore, but it remains a patch cobbled together just to enable basic functionality.

Helixien

Sooooooo....... I am trying to use this to update my Asari mod to A16, HOWEVER there is no option to all make them use just one body type (not body texture, body TYPE!).
Any chance you can add that?

EDIT: Forget it, I forgot that body types where handled in the backstories...

madcat911

Crosspost from my topic in the Help forum.

I'm making a mod to add a new race to the game (working name is dickwolves, to complement the already-extant Orassans mod).

The race works fine, it loads the proper graphics and everything, all the bodyparts it should have are there and it all works etc. etc. etc. except for two things. The most major of them is that backstories don't "stick". When dickwolves spawn they have the correct backstories, and the work that should be disabled is disabled, but the <skillgains> of the backstory doesn't have any effect and the <bodytypeMale> part doesn't work either. Pic related.

XML is below.

This is all based off of the Alien Races 0.9 framework, with some code inspired by the Orassans mod.

Quote<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Defs>

<AlienRace.BackstoryDef>
    <defName>DK_Trueborn</defName>
    <title>Vatgrown dickwolf</title>
    <baseDescription>NAME was decanted according to procedure and completed HIS training as planned.</baseDescription>
    <bodytypeMale>Hulk</bodytypeMale>
    <slot>Childhood</slot>
    <workDisables>
      <li>Animals</li>
     <li>PlantWork</li>
     <li>Artistic</li>
    </workDisables>
    <skillGains>
      <li>
        <defName>Melee</defName>
        <amount>5</amount>
      </li>
     <li>
        <defName>Shooting</defName>
        <amount>3</amount>
      </li>
    </skillGains>
    <spawnCategories>
      <li>Dickwolf_backstory</li>
    </spawnCategories>

</AlienRace.BackstoryDef>

<AlienRace.BackstoryDef>
    <defName>DK_Deserter</defName>
    <title>Deserter</title>
    <baseDescription>Serving with pride in the army, NAME was cut loose on a mission gone bad. Though HE survived, HE abandoned the cause that abandoned HIM. Now HE is a deserter.</baseDescription>
    <bodytypeMale>Hulk</bodytypeMale>
    <slot>Adulthood</slot>
    <skillGains>
      <li>
        <defName>Melee</defName>
        <amount>4</amount>
      </li>
     <li>
        <defName>Shooting</defName>
        <amount>2</amount>
      </li>
    </skillGains>
    <spawnCategories>
      <li>Dickwolf_backstory</li>
    </spawnCategories>
</AlienRace.BackstoryDef>

</Defs>

Second, and this one is minor, is that using Alien Races 0.9 I can force all dickwolves to spawn male EXCEPT for any dickwolves that are part of the starting three colonists. That's fine because I don't plan on dickwolves being able to spawn as colonists (you have to capture them or buy them) but I'd still like to know if I can fix it because it might be useful later.

Cpt.Ohu

Thanks for reporting. The skills should now be properly calculated.

The bodytype definition by backstories is working normally, however teenagers always get assigned the Thin bodytype, I've not disabled this yet. You can try to prevent this by setting the chances of teenagers spawning to 0.

madcat911

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on January 01, 2017, 09:33:58 AM
Thanks for reporting. The skills should now be properly calculated.

The bodytype definition by backstories is working normally, however teenagers always get assigned the Thin bodytype, I've not disabled this yet. You can try to prevent this by setting the chances of teenagers spawning to 0.

Nah, it happens for all ages. I'll update with your code and see if that fixes the bodytypes as well as the skills.

EDIT: Yup, it did fix the backstories too. Now it all sticks. Whatever happened was all because of your code fix because I didn't touch my defs, so thanks!

Cheers, m8. With this sorted, my mod is feature compleate and ready to release after a bit more testing.

Cpt.Ohu

Not yet. Didn't have time to fix it, and there's a lot to do.

Kolljak

General question does this mod conflict with hair mods?

Diana Winters

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Diana Winters on January 04, 2017, 04:27:16 PM
Quote from: Kolljak on January 04, 2017, 03:34:53 PM
General question does this mod conflict with hair mods?

It shouldn't :p

Pretty much this ;)

If you do find a possible conflict, please let me know.

Hayhorse

I thought this mod would be to make use of the fact that some backstories mention furred xeno-humans and avian humanoids. Oh well.

Orion

Hey, I'm getting the following error sometimes when spawning a group from one of the derived races:

Tried to set Findahl with gender Female as Yutaka's father.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
RimWorld.ParentRelationUtility:SetFather(Pawn, Pawn)
RimWorld.PawnRelationWorker_Sibling:CreateRelation(Pawn, Pawn, PawnGenerationRequest&)
AlienRace.AlienPawnGenerator:GeneratePawnRelations(Pawn, PawnGenerationRequest&)
AlienRace.AlienPawnGenerator:DoGenerateNewNakedPawn(PawnGenerationRequest&, String&, Boolean)
AlienRace.AlienPawnGenerator:GenerateNewNakedPawn(PawnGenerationRequest&)
AlienRace.AlienPawnGenerator:GeneratePawn(PawnGenerationRequest)
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__IteratorBF:MoveNext()
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__IteratorC4:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_NeutralGroup:SpawnPawns(IncidentParms)
Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
Verse.<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey4E2:<>m__942()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
HugsLib.GuiInject.<>c__DisplayClass1:<_WindowOnGUI>b__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Is this known? Is it my fault? Using "One Big Family" definitely provokes this error :)