A little help for a mod.

Started by Razzoriel, August 16, 2016, 06:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razzoriel

Hello there. I've been used to modding Unity games before. I wanted to start small and make a "tool" mod for Rimworld. Essentially, make a new "Gear" item that pawns can equip to increase their work speed in specific jobs (Example: Equip a Hammer to build things faster). The problem I'm having is that while there is a mod for that, it works by replacing the WEAPON slot, so pawns can only equip either tools or weapons.

How can I create a "custom" equipment slot, so that only the specific "TOOL" items can be equipped?

RawCode

Razzoriel

You mean as in the other games I've modded?

I attempted modding at 7 Days to Die. For a few years, I ran a mod called Deathwish, which was essentially adding tons of books to unlock recipes, shitton of guns, weapons and tools. I know there are a few other people who went their way already into adding more weapons. I'm just right now trying to give it a shot at tools first.

RawCode

I mean what you done to add new slot type, what exactly is not working, what errors you get.

Razzoriel

Nothing. I've done nothing yet, I'm asking if there's anything similar done so far that could be used to this rationale. I see that people use a mod which adds bulk/weight (Realistic Combat is the name, I think), so I'll make sure to make it compatible.

Do some research, write some code, ask some pointed questions and we'll be happy to help.  Without showing us the specific problems you are encountering, we're only going to give you short answers like "yes" and "no."

So, "yes" it's possible and "no" it hasn't been done before.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.