Cooking

Started by Kalesin, October 08, 2013, 02:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeiph

Quote from: Kalesin on October 08, 2013, 03:58:10 PM
Quote from: Zeiph on October 08, 2013, 03:55:17 PM
Quote from: Kalesin on October 08, 2013, 03:53:53 PM
The cactus are used for a variety of food in Mexico (Nopales, Sauces, ... even for alcoholic beverage). Also used to make dyes and has other uses.

TEQUILA ! Aye !

Tequila is made from agave  ;)

Edit:

Made about fruit of cactus:
Bajtra
Tunji

Meh :D

This gives more and more legitimity to distillery/pub oriented objects. Alcoholized happiness all over the place ;)

DNK

Quote from: Hypolite on October 08, 2013, 02:26:47 PMI would say don't get your hopes up in that matter, Dejix. The manufacturing system suggestion is already heavily toned down from the initial idea. Crafting in general is not something RimWorld is going towards right now.
Tynan hasn't commented once in that thread, so how is it really relevant to the actual game plan Tynan has?

British

Tynan is quite busy these days, and can't comment or even read every single post in this forum.

The point of making suggestions is just that: suggesting ideas.
Then when Tynan gets the time (or some help to do that), he can skim through them and figure out what's compatible with his vision of the game.
Until then: patience.

Regarding my take on the cooking matter, I'm all for more diversity, but no for having it too complex: there's so many areas where the game can evolve and diversify... we don't want it to get bloated when all those evolutions are brought together, do we ?

Hypolite

Quote from: DNK on October 08, 2013, 11:15:26 PMTynan hasn't commented once in that thread, so how is it really relevant to the actual game plan Tynan has?
Well, I extrapolated from the fact that there's no manufacturing now, he never spoke about it, he didn't answer in the corresponding thread, and many people in the thread also think that a whole manufacturing system would not suit that game.

Of course, I may be wrong, but for now it's the best guess I have concerning production chains.

NephilimNexus

Two cooking tech paths: Skill (character) and Automated (tech tree)

When using Skill, characters use their Cooking skill with bonuses based on unlocked furniture (Stoves, refrigeration, etc.  Think "The Sims" here)

When studying automation, you unlock furniture that creates food at certain fixed levels.  Think "Star Trek" here.

Result: If you have a dedicated cooking character then you will be able to get far better meals with Skill based technology.  If you don't have one, or don't want to bother, you can work on the Automation tree instead.