Alpha 15 unstable branch testing feedback

Started by Tynan, August 17, 2016, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLemmer

Alright, this has gotten annoying: whenever one of my animals is attacked by a hungry predator, they're utterly screwed. No matter how quickly a colonist leaps in to defend them, the predator will utterly ignore anyone attacking it just to kill and eat its prey. It will even start eating midfight, completely ignoring its attackers. I need a better way to distract predators from the kill or else all my dogs will stay indoors.

MikeLemmer

Yeah, the price of joints is buggered ATM. I can sell mine for $9.50 and buy Herbal Medicine from the trader for just $4.35. In other words, I can buy 2 Herbal Medicine for each Joint I sell, despite Herbal Medicine being harder to grow.

Doc Savage NDMF

Quote from: Tynan on August 20, 2016, 02:11:53 PM
Thank you for the notes everyone!

Doc Savage - Thanks for the notes, just be aware that pawns will take drugs outside their policy, for joy or binges or whatever. Policy says what they must take, but they can take more if they choose.

Then the drug policy is like giving a steak to a dog with no teeth.

Sure you'll feed it and care for it for old time's sake, but it really isn't all that useful anymore. Unless that cold snap gets really, really long...

You're giving us an authority tool but no authority figure or mechanism to enforce it. I had a colonist go off the rails in A14 and all I could do was knock them out and arrest them, but then they ended up not part of the colony anymore. (Did I miss something..?) That's not a viable option, that's just survivor in space.

If the pawn in question goes off and uses their free time to grow a patch and roll their own, more power to them. But if they just take from the communal stash whenever they feel like it, they're stealing from the group. Needs to be a way to chain them to a hospital bed or confine them to quarters without losing them. Of course the requisite mental breaks could happen, at which time it may well be best to put them out for good.

Thank you for the response and for the time.

Cheers..!

ReZpawner

Not a major thing, but there's a typo in the text for Amphetamine. "Addiction causes reduces mental performance...", should be "reduced".

Tynan

Quote from: ReZpawner on August 21, 2016, 04:16:47 AM
Not a major thing, but there's a typo in the text for Amphetamine. "Addiction causes reduces mental performance...", should be "reduced".

Thanks very much.

A new build with very rebalanced economy is going up now. Try it!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

MikeLemmer

Just found a bug in the last version: A colonist without Chemical Interest/Fascination had a mental break that caused him to go on a Luciferium Binge. Just one problem: I don't have any Luciferium. (Also, do you really want colonists to randomly binge on a drug that's 100% addictive and kills them during withdrawal?)

Also, what skill does making drugs use? Crafting? Because I currently have 2 Drug Labs and a Crafting Spot (for joints) active and as a result, no one's making stone blocks anymore. What if Drug Lab drugs relied on Medical skill instead? Should there be another worktype specifically for drug-making?

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Tynan on August 21, 2016, 04:20:33 AM
Quote from: ReZpawner on August 21, 2016, 04:16:47 AM

Thanks very much.

A new build with very rebalanced economy is going up now. Try it!

Should we restart our colonies for this new build? Or should we just continue our colonies from yesterday's build? I just got my drug farm running full tilt.

MikeLemmer

Also, in the last build, elephants are eating my marijuana leaves without getting high. Are they supposed to?

ReZpawner

Some serious nerfs to the prices there. Was it necessary to cut the price of coke in half though?
Amphetamine price: 64 (same as before)
Yayo price: 18 (from 36)

A strange world we're living in. Particularly with the addictiveness of amphetamine being so high. I'd assume people would want to pay more for a drug that was less addictive (casual users, that is. I suppose addicts would swing the other way).

mumblemumble

Quote from: MikeLemmer on August 21, 2016, 04:32:15 AM
(Also, do you really want colonists to randomly binge on a drug that's 100% addictive and kills them during withdrawal?)
This is why I will kill luciferium holders with EXTREME prejudice. I just dont see it as worth it having it around. Even amphetamines, booze, ect, I can see as a last resort idea, but not that.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Goodbye Babylon

You can find Luciferium occasionally in Ancient Dangers. I just found 23 along with 3 scythers.

rafjaw5

I don't know why but my colonists still sometimes prefer raw meat over simple meals, sometimes they ignore fine meals, and go for the berries and such. Forbidding is out of the question, my cook works all day to keep population afloat. 

Miky2911

I dont like that if you smoke 10 joints is the same if you smoke 1... no multiplied effect

RemingtonRyder

Ascetic colonists get no mood debuff for eating raw meat or vegetables so they just go for it. As for berries, they're popular with colonists who need a Joy boost

ShadowTani

Quote from: Miky2911 on August 21, 2016, 08:38:59 AM
I dont like that if you smoke 10 joints is the same if you smoke 1... no multiplied effect
You don't necessarily get multiplied positive effects if you take more than one dose in real life either; same goes for other drugs, which will rather just increase the negatives and risk of overdose. Welcome to the forums btw. :3

-----------------------

Tynan, found a sentence that might need to be reworked, for the Ninja Assassin background it says: "Her was often sent complete the most complex of missions" and would probably sound better if changed to: "She was often sent to complete the most complex missions"