Alpha 15 unstable branch testing feedback

Started by Tynan, August 17, 2016, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jstank

Ok some stuff and things

#1 Frozen/spoiled beer barrels
They are broken. When they become spoiled there is no way to clear them. They are spoiled forever. You have to deconstruct them.

#2 Rolling joints.
Rolling joints is not part of the drug lab crafting recipe, it is in the crafting spot bench. This was very confusing and it took me over 4 hours to figure out how to roll a joint. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be in the crafting spot bench, but it should be added to the drug lab bench as well.

#3 Recruiting Prisoners
I don't know what happened, and I can't prove it, but it seems like it is impossible to recruit anyone even with low recruitment difficulties like 75%. I have had two hole play-throughs, and the first prisoner sat in prison literally the entire game, and I couldn't get him, even with a 13 level social guy wearing a cowboy hat. Again can't prove it, but it doesn't feel right. I was playing on Cassandra rough.

#4 Traders
Traders carry the key ingredient for the higher level drugs, and they come around maybe once or twice a year, and they don't always carry it. Maybe consider allowing the caravans to carry the ingredient so that my meth lab can get rolling because I need cash for the honies.

5# Growing time for weed
I'm pretty sure weed doesn't take very long to grow but it takes longer than heal root. It is a low level drug, so maybe make it grow in slightly less time. I would say somewhere between potato and corn.

Otherwise I am loving A15.
The mood balance + drugs make the game play out so much nicer, and you don't have a horrific tantrum spiral after my colonist/ wife/ friend/lover died all with stacking mood penalties for 2 years 3 seasons 4 days and 12 hours.

Now instead of dying in one attack, I'm dying a slow agonizing death. Love it!

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

OutcastPurple

Is there a link somewhere to get Unstable Versions? Or did I miss an Email about them or something?
My game has been saying there's a newer version out since I downloaded it so I've been wondering for a while. But I didn't realize Alpha 15 was getting so close.

Jstank

Quote from: OutcastPurple on August 23, 2016, 08:40:41 AM
Is there a link somewhere to get Unstable Versions? Or did I miss an Email about them or something?
My game has been saying there's a newer version out since I downloaded it so I've been wondering for a while. But I didn't realize Alpha 15 was getting so close.

If you have it on steam right click it, properties, betas tab, and select unstable public testing
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

OutcastPurple

Quote from: Jstank on August 23, 2016, 08:48:07 AM

If you have it on steam right click it, properties, betas tab, and select unstable public testing

Damn, guess I'll have to wait then, couldn't bribe me with a free Pirate King Pack to add my copy to Steam. =(
Thanks tho.

ReZpawner

<quote>#1 Frozen/spoiled beer barrels
They are broken. When they become spoiled there is no way to clear them. They are spoiled forever. You have to deconstruct them.
</quote>
Unless that was broken in a recent patch, then that is completely wrong. They'll refill them on their own.

ReZpawner

Quote from: OutcastPurple on August 23, 2016, 08:54:54 AM

Damn, guess I'll have to wait then, couldn't bribe me with a free Pirate King Pack to add my copy to Steam. =(
Thanks tho.

Can't you still get the sendowl version? I haven't tried, but I'd be surprised if that got disabled.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: ReZpawner on August 23, 2016, 09:51:21 AM

Thanks tho.

Can't you still get the sendowl version? I haven't tried, but I'd be surprised if that got disabled.

Tynan has stated he is not doing Sendowl for these early releases of A15. Look in the comments of the dev blog: https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/08/alpha-15-unstable-branch-test-is-available/#comments

ReZpawner

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 23, 2016, 10:49:59 AM

Thanks tho.

Tynan has stated he is not doing Sendowl for these early releases of A15. Look in the comments of the dev blog: https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/08/alpha-15-unstable-branch-test-is-available/#comments
I meant to get the game. I'm fairly certain that you can have the game both on Steam and on sendowl. The unstable one is obviously only on Steam, but it should be perfectly doable to add it on steam for the unstable version, and still get the regular version sent via sendowl. Or does adding it on steam for some reason cancel out sendowl completely?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: ReZpawner on August 23, 2016, 11:46:35 AM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 23, 2016, 10:49:59 AM

Thanks tho.

I meant to get the game. I'm fairly certain that you can have the game both on Steam and on sendowl. The unstable one is obviously only on Steam, but it should be perfectly doable to add it on steam for the unstable version, and still get the regular version sent via sendowl. Or does adding it on steam for some reason cancel out sendowl completely?

Ah! I believe if you bought before the date the policy changed to no longer receiving a Steam key with a purchase on ludeon, then yes you can still activate on Steam. And no, it doesn't cancel the SendOwl. Although I think Tynan said that policy may change in the future depending on abuse.

Harasdar

The font seems to be broken since last patch. (playing german Version)

Also there is something popping up in background...every second or so... :(

ReZpawner

At any rate though, I'm sure it will be released shortly. It's got a pretty good feel to it at the moment. I built my own little coke-imperium in the North pole. 10/11 colonists are hooked, and it's only a matter of time before the last one is too. I might even give the luciferium a try shortly!

ReZpawner

Quote from: Harasdar on August 23, 2016, 12:34:26 PM
The font seems to be broken since last patch. (playing german Version)

Also there is something popping up in background...every second or so... :(
Enable dev mode. That sounds a lot like it could be the error text. (Red text blinking). In dev mode, you'll get a popup that will explain the problem.

Harasdar

OK...just seems to be the savegame out of an old build :(

Doing fine there...but hey...time to start a new colony ;)

NolanSyKinsley

Are we going to be able to request specific types of traders? Seems kinda odd that you can request a trade caravan, but can't tell them what you are interested in. I called 3 at the same time, all combat suppliers which were useless to me, so a complete waste of 900 gold.

Kruisboog

Latest build broke my .72 save. Something to do with drug policies i believe. Keep getting red text and the screen where you can asign policies is bugged out.
Is that as expected or a bug?
And yes i don't mind if my save is screwed, happens with dev builds.