Alpha 15 unstable branch testing feedback

Started by Tynan, August 17, 2016, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Lol, it's not hex, is git's hash of the commit.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

crazybmanp

Does tolerance affect the characters addiction need? It might be a cool thing, but at the same time, it could spiral into forced overdoses.

(currently running another drug colony and tracking tolerances, and it seems to be working pretty well so far)

also, selecting a caravan type to send while you don't have enough money to order a caravan throws a the error "could not find any silver to transfer to trader"

Tynan

Quote from: crazybmanp on August 25, 2016, 01:13:02 AM
also, selecting a caravan type to send while you don't have enough money to order a caravan throws a the error "could not find any silver to transfer to trader"

Can you please elaborate?

How do you make this happen exactly?

What were you expecting to happen?

crazybmanp

- go to the comm station
- select a faction to request a trade caravan from
- select the option to request a caravan
- don't have enough money to request a caravan (have 0 silver)
- choose an option for a caravan
> you will get an error message pop up on the dev console

I would expect that the game should detect if you don't have enough silver to request a caravan, and instead give a message instead of throwing an error into the debug console.

(sorry, this really should have gone into the bug forum)

Tynan

Quote from: crazybmanp on August 25, 2016, 03:13:16 AM
- go to the comm station
- select a faction to request a trade caravan from
- select the option to request a caravan
- don't have enough money to request a caravan (have 0 silver)
- choose an option for a caravan
> you will get an error message pop up on the dev console

I would expect that the game should detect if you don't have enough silver to request a caravan, and instead give a message instead of throwing an error into the debug console.

(sorry, this really should have gone into the bug forum)

I can't reproduce this, how are you doing it? I get the option nicely grayed out like this:

crazybmanp

Quote from: Tynan on August 25, 2016, 03:24:09 PM
Quote from: crazybmanp on August 25, 2016, 03:13:16 AM
~snip~

I can't reproduce this, how are you doing it? I get the option nicely grayed out like this:

~snip~

I loaded up the save that was doing this, and I, as well, cannot reproduce this bug. I tried removing all of my silver, almost all of my silver (when i triggered this, i had 0 silver in my stockpile) I tried placing the silver within the stockpile range, but outside of a wall. It had happened multiple times yesterday any time i tried to call a caravan with not enough silver.

This is worrying, however there was a patch earlier today, maybe i had some edge-case that was patched by a tangentially related change? (likely not, but either case is worrying)

Tynan

It's is why it's good to post the log when the bug happens! I could've traced it from the log.

Oh well.

crazybmanp

Quote from: Tynan on August 25, 2016, 05:09:23 PM
It's is why it's good to post the log when the bug happens! I could've traced it from the log.

Oh well.
sorry about that, i wasn't thinking straight

ShadowTani

I have a colonist with the Hard Working trait, and she have a "Hard Worker vs Lazy: -5" social effect with every other colonist, even if they do not have any Lazy traits or any other traits related to reduced work performance. I dunno if its intentional that the hard worker see everyone else without the trait as lazy, but one of them have the very neurotic trait that give that colonist even better work performance than the one with the hard working trait and thus it doesn't seem right that this colonist would be considered lazy as well.

Tynan

ShadowTani - that is a bit weird I agree, but it is technically working as designed.

A new build is up! This is the first release candidate. Hoping to release it as final if there aren't major issues.

This is also the first non-dev version so it should run faster and you can build mods against it.

Saves from last 2 builds should still work, but your drug policies will reset.

Change list
1be6c6d Reduced bond with animal chance.
dcd7900 Fix: Smoke emitted at angle related to pawn facing.
cdc9ad6 Fix: No ingest effects while relaxing socially. Fix: some data errors with creative content.
cde6cee Creative content update.
fba4055 Made separate "drug allowed for joy" checkbox and "drug use scheduled" checkboxes in drug policy config so you can schedule a drug for colonists without giving them joy access to it.
598b0c6 Made some withdrawal symptoms a bit worse. Made joints a bit slower and less efficient to produce. Rebalanced some other drug economy numbers.
64c8382 Torch lamp makes less heat, turret no longer rotatable
431d513 Fix: Components don't show up in sorted resource list
3d6f457 Translations update.

Thanks all!

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Tynan on August 25, 2016, 05:30:37 PM
ShadowTani - that is a bit weird I agree, but it is technically working as designed.

A new build is up! This is the first release candidate. Hoping to release it as final if there aren't major issues.

This is also the first non-dev version so it should run faster and you can build mods against it.

Saves from last 2 builds should still work, but your drug policies will reset.

Change list
1be6c6d Reduced bond with animal chance.
dcd7900 Fix: Smoke emitted at angle related to pawn facing.
cdc9ad6 Fix: No ingest effects while relaxing socially. Fix: some data errors with creative content.
cde6cee Creative content update.
fba4055 Made separate "drug allowed for joy" checkbox and "drug use scheduled" checkboxes in drug policy config so you can schedule a drug for colonists without giving them joy access to it.
598b0c6 Made some withdrawal symptoms a bit worse. Made joints a bit slower and less efficient to produce. Rebalanced some other drug economy numbers.
64c8382 Torch lamp makes less heat, turret no longer rotatable
431d513 Fix: Components don't show up in sorted resource list
3d6f457 Translations update.

Thanks all!

Interesting, so the dev builds actually ran much slower? Interesting; I was wondering why they had more slowdown. What prompted the animal bond, torch lamp, and turret changes?

RemingtonRyder

Basically, if a bonded animal dies, it can make the owner go insane. Which meant that having bonded animals was more trouble than it's worth.

Torch lamps produced a fair bit of heat, to the point where campfires weren't worth building.

Turrets were basically the same no matter which way they face so, rotating them was a bit redundant.

sc4s2cg

I like the new resource skins! A bit shiny, but other than that it's pretty good.

Couple bugs:

• I was subscribed to some mods, but all disabled, and the game wouldn't let me create a new colony. As in, I was able to select Cassandra and rough difficulty, but clicking "next" didn't do anything. Reinstalling the game didn't work. I unsubscribed from all mods, did local cache check, and a new game started up just fine.
  • Had a couple XML errors at startup. Reinstalling didn't work, but unsubscribing from all mods and checking local cache seemed to solve the issue

Also, what happened to the Learning helper? I really liked that we could look through the tutorials, select ones we wanted to read, even search through it. Any reason we're back to popups?

The flashes are great, they bring attention to certain tabs as required. But, again, I think the learning helper was much better than popups. It seemed more organized.

Edit: The icons in the Zone/Area menu look a bit weird, I think sticking with the 2d theme is fine as long the game itself is 2d. If the game ever moves towards a top-down look, like Banished or SimCity 4, then the 3d icons would work I think.

Edit 2: I think the reason it looks weird is the blue background. The orders menu has semi 3d icons but a gray background, and that looks pretty slick.

Edit 3: Props for updating the terrain graphics a bit too! The edges of mountains look great!

SimpleMachine88

Quote from: Tynan on August 25, 2016, 05:30:37 PM

Thanks all!

Wow, quick.  Clearly a certain "Bad Magician" should have forced trait Industrious.  I've been holding off building my next colony waiting for the next Alpha.  Do you think it's probably saves would transfer to the main update from the current unstable build?

Tynan

Just push another save-breaking build.

Drugs renamed. Some other fixes and AI tweaks.