Alpha 15 unstable branch testing feedback

Started by Tynan, August 17, 2016, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Tynan on August 26, 2016, 08:32:53 PM
Well they'll only have binges due to mood, so if you keep them happy enough, they should be okay.

Hrm... this is during the early days of the colony when I don't even have tables. At this rate, it would take pain or some allied deaths to get them binging.

Does the difficulty level apply any modifiers to their base Mood Level?

FMK

Time to potentially ruin something before it's even actually out.

For the current unstable of Alpha 15, you can summon as many traders from a single faction that you want, at the same time -- which even though they show up a few days later, they still all show up at exactly the same time.

So you can effectively call in 10+ traders, use a single psychic animal pulser (or another ingenious way to kill all the gear carriers at the same time), and make an insanely huge profit relative to the small 600 silver spent per trader summon, at only the cost of a single 'bad will'.

OFWG

aaa6742 Train burning drugs at the campfire with a popup appears when the first drug spawns.

See this here? This is word salad.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Ambigore

Quote from: DariusWolfe on August 26, 2016, 01:12:51 PM
Ambigore: Isn't the "Guest" tab from the Hospitality mod?

Nah, I'm not running any mods. The Guest tab appears if you rescue an escape pod survivor.

Zalzany

Quote from: OFWG on August 27, 2016, 12:34:12 AM
aaa6742 Train burning drugs at the campfire with a popup appears when the first drug spawns.

But don't they hate you if you let their guys get killed? Not sure normal people would take it that far,unless they are trying to break the game. I guess its better to be found out now then later when its a cheap exploit no one tells the devs...

NolanSyKinsley

Quote from: OFWG on August 27, 2016, 12:34:12 AM

Here, let me fix that for you. "Train burning drugs at the campfire with a popup that appears when the first drugs appear on the map."

Wintersdark

Decided to try Beer.  Build three casks in my brewing room (which has three coolers keeping it no higher than 23C), but during a heat wave when said room did not exceed 23-24C (3 coolers, 9x11 room counting the walls) still the wort "spoiled due to high temperature".

What do I need to do to prevent this, or is it a bug?  Will the wort spoilt that fast if the room momentarily spikes up then the coolers pull it right back down again?  I was monitoring it pretty closely and never noticed it above 24, but maybe I missed something.  Happened inside the second day of having the casks filled.

If it's THAT sensitive; maybe this can be tuned?  So it takes, say, an hour at high temp as opposed to a split second?  Very frustrating to lose an entire crop this way :(

malloc

Having issues with pawns eating raw potato or corn instead of the simple meals in the same room.  The freezer is 15x15 mostly filled with animal corpses and stacks of veg but only a single stack of simple meals as I haven't gotten a decent cook yet.  Depending on where they are they often route to the raw food instead of the cooked meals and it's not because another pawn has a lock on the stack of meals as everyone else was sleeping (Malaria!).

Is their search radius that small now that they won't see a stack of meals 14 spots away in the next room?  Build 1277

NolanSyKinsley

Quote from: malloc on August 27, 2016, 01:05:26 PM
Having issues with pawns eating raw potato or corn instead of the simple meals in the same room.  The freezer is 15x15 mostly filled with animal corpses and stacks of veg but only a single stack of simple meals as I haven't gotten a decent cook yet.  Depending on where they are they often route to the raw food instead of the cooked meals and it's not because another pawn has a lock on the stack of meals as everyone else was sleeping (Malaria!).

Is their search radius that small now that they won't see a stack of meals 14 spots away in the next room?  Build 1277

Make a high priority stockpile next to the entrance of your freezer so the meals are the first thing they path to.

Tynan

Quote from: malloc on August 27, 2016, 01:05:26 PM

They'll prefer meals if they care. If they're ascetic, they won't care.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Quote from: Wintersdark on August 27, 2016, 06:13:06 AM
Decided to try Beer.  Build three casks in my brewing room (which has three coolers keeping it no higher than 23C), but during a heat wave when said room did not exceed 23-24C (3 coolers, 9x11 room counting the walls) still the wort "spoiled due to high temperature".

What do I need to do to prevent this, or is it a bug?  Will the wort spoilt that fast if the room momentarily spikes up then the coolers pull it right back down again?  I was monitoring it pretty closely and never noticed it above 24, but maybe I missed something.  Happened inside the second day of having the casks filled.

If it's THAT sensitive; maybe this can be tuned?  So it takes, say, an hour at high temp as opposed to a split second?  Very frustrating to lose an entire crop this way :(

The wort does spoil instantly, I'm afraid. In future I could add some delay to that. Probably should.

MikeLemmer

Not sure if it's due to raiders being Spacer-tech again, but 25 days into my colony, one of their raids (2 pistols, 1 shotgun, 1 incindiary launcher) dropped 4 Luciferium. Luckily I'm not playing Permadeath, so I'm going to branch off a save and see what happens when I get half my colony hooked on Luciferium. Oh, and whether Luciferium & Go-Juice stack.

Tynan

Quote from: MikeLemmer on August 27, 2016, 02:32:57 PM
Not sure if it's due to raiders being Spacer-tech again, but 25 days into my colony, one of their raids (2 pistols, 1 shotgun, 1 incindiary launcher) dropped 4 Luciferium. Luckily I'm not playing Permadeath, so I'm going to branch off a save and see what happens when I get half my colony hooked on Luciferium. Oh, and whether Luciferium & Go-Juice stack.

Definitely intentional. I'd start with one colonist though :)

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Tynan on August 27, 2016, 02:37:00 PM
Quote from: MikeLemmer on August 27, 2016, 02:32:57 PM

Definitely intentional. I'd start with one colonist though :)

Nah, multiple colonists. As I said, I'm branching off this save; I'll run this version into the ground and then return to the actual version, where I have the sense to keep it locked up until I can sell it.

Wintersdark

Quote from: Tynan on August 27, 2016, 02:03:57 PM
The wort does spoil instantly, I'm afraid. In future I could add some delay to that. Probably should.

Yeah - I can see it spoiling from high temp, absolutely, but the way the temperature system works... Maybe have a hitpoint total where temps out of range do damage?  So you can see in advance if it's too hot/cold, and have a (very small) amount of time to try to save it rather than a single door opening and closing even with massive AC control just wrecking stuff.

I mean, in the future I'll have a well airlocked brewing room, but it adds a tremendous amount of complexity to an already fairly complex process that's ultimately useful but double edged.  As it stands now, it makes the whole thing seem extremely risky vs. just making joints.