Alpha 15 unstable branch testing feedback

Started by Tynan, August 17, 2016, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightzy

I'm also had problems with prioritizing work for all the things that are mining/crafting related.

Very difficult to get pawns to reliably do one work or another, or controlling who does smelting and who does clothmaking. I'd suggest splitting these into different skills and works (like in DF... weaving is not the same as working a forge).

Also, I'd probably take another DF tip and only allow the building of doors if the door is touching a wall on one side. No more "all door" designs for easy killboxes/trap mazes and rooms.. It's very effecient to build a fort from doors, but it just doesn't seem "as intended"

Lys

Quote from: Lightzy on August 28, 2016, 09:13:36 AMVery difficult to get pawns to reliably do one work or another, or controlling who does smelting and who does clothmaking. I'd suggest splitting these into different skills and works (like in DF... weaving is not the same as working a forge).
Uh, but you can already give tailoring/smithing/crafting different priorities since a long time...?

John_Bigless

Quote from: NolanSyKinsley on August 18, 2016, 01:44:52 AM
Hunters are hunting sleeping animals now. If I remember correctly they used to not hunt any sleeping animals.

Perhaps the sleeping mad animal fix changed something?
Speaking of "Sleeping animals" Do manhunters wake up when they turn "Mad"?
In A14, they'd just keep on sleeping if the animal that is supposed to turn "Mad" is sleeping.
I think that the reason this occurs is because, the animal is on the ground, and when a manhunter gets Incapicapted, they lose their manhunter mental break.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: kasnavada on August 28, 2016, 09:10:25 AM
Quote from: Tynan on August 28, 2016, 02:22:46 AM
Yeah, I think I might need a new work type for group together brewing and drug making.

I hate adding new work types, though.

(wishlist) or adding a screen where the player can priorize and organize "subtasks" as he wishes ?

About the current alpha, when asking for multiple caravans while paused, they arrive at the exact same moment. I think it would be better if the timing was more random =).

Currently I'm itching to call 10 caravan at the same time and slaughter them at once.

It would probably be easier to just put in a cooldown between calling in caravans from the same faction. (For example, after calling in one caravan from an Outsider town, you have to wait 3 days to call in another caravan from that same town.)

kasnavada

Quote from: MikeLemmer on August 28, 2016, 10:17:11 AM
About the current alpha, when asking for multiple caravans while paused, they arrive at the exact same moment. I think it would be better if the timing was more random =).

Currently I'm itching to call 10 caravan at the same time and slaughter them at once.

It would probably be easier to just put in a cooldown between calling in caravans from the same faction. (For example, after calling in one caravan from an Outsider town, you have to wait 3 days to call in another caravan from that same town.)

;D

Yes but that wouldn't prevent someone from adding 10 factions to the game, and pulling the same stunt with different factions.

juanval

I've started playing today version (0.15.1279) and pawns with less than 75 carrying capacity continue doing bills taking less materials than needed.

I test this with wooden large sculptures. 260 units of wood needed. A pawn with 66 cc takes 3 times 66 units of wood (198 units in total). In the table the 198 units appear in 75+75+48. The pawn should take 62 units more, but he only takes 43 and starts the sculpture.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: kasnavada on August 28, 2016, 10:27:20 AMYes but that wouldn't prevent someone from adding 10 factions to the game, and pulling the same stunt with different factions.

It wouldn't, but the advantage of calling 10 caravans from the same faction at once was that you would only take 1 reputation penalty from killing all 10 at once. If they're all from different factions, you take reputation penalty from each of them.

NolanSyKinsley

Quote from: kasnavada on August 28, 2016, 10:27:20 AM
Quote from: MikeLemmer on August 28, 2016, 10:17:11 AM

;D

Yes but that wouldn't prevent someone from adding 10 factions to the game, and pulling the same stunt with different factions.

Stay concerned with the base game, not what people may mod the game to do. A cooldown would work nicely, or staggering by randomizing the time it takes, maybe based on distance to their settlement and how much they are carrying.

MikeLemmer

Although agreed, it would be nice if the caravans were more reliably seasonal. Heck, would be nice if factions overall were more dynamic, but I suspect that's a thing for a later update.

kasnavada

Quote from: NolanSyKinsley on August 28, 2016, 12:02:01 PM
;D

Stay concerned with the base game, not what people may mod the game to do. A cooldown would work nicely, or staggering by randomizing the time it takes, maybe based on distance to their settlement and how much they are carrying.

I don't think it poses less of a concern with 3 or 4 factions =).
Also, I'd be very, very very surprised if the possibility to add / remove factions is not in the base game once released. So yeah planning for it.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: kasnavada on August 28, 2016, 02:47:38 PM
Quote from: NolanSyKinsley on August 28, 2016, 12:02:01 PM
;D

I don't think it poses less of a concern with 3 or 4 factions =).
Also, I'd be very, very very surprised if the possibility to add / remove factions is not in the base game once released. So yeah planning for it.

It wouldn't be a concern for 3 or 4 factions, either. The problem with 10 caravans arriving at once was that all those caravans came from the same faction. If you slaughtered them all at once, you only got 1 penalty with that faction instead of the 1 penalty per caravan that was intended. If you slaughter 10 caravans that are each from a different faction, then you get 1 penalty per faction for a total of 10 penalties: working as intended.

MikeLemmer

So Tynan, now that v15 is publically released, you going to unpin this thread?