How To Roll Joints?

Started by pdxsean, August 18, 2016, 02:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxsean

I've finally built a drug lab in my colony but with only Drug Production researched I am not given any options for bills. So I checked all of the other research, and nothing I can see intuitively (or explicitely) allows the production of joints. Is it hidden in something like Brewing? I basically beelined drugs to make a colony for the preview video, but definitely would like to start using all the marijuana I've been growing now that I have a chance. Is there maybe a record album I need to build in order to roll joints? :)

ison

You can roll joints at a crafting spot.

Lightzy

You crumble the dried weed a bit by pinching with your fingers onto a spread rizla (or prepare like a matchbox of premade crumbled weed), put a filter in on one end, lick your finger and wet the edge of the rizla paper and roll it tightly but not TOO tightly. Some air needs to get through.

Oh, and of course, you need a crafting spot ..

pdxsean

Quote from: ison on August 18, 2016, 02:20:41 PM
You can roll joints at a crafting spot.

Ha! I didn't even know crafting spots were a thing.

All right, now I've researched malaria block. It requires neutroamine. Any idea where that comes from?

Shurp

So Rimworld has degernated from cannibalistic human skin cowboy hat wearing butchery to *gasp* rolling joints? How sad, how sad :-P
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Mr.Cross

Don't think i see why anyone would want to smoke weed (which makes colonists lazier, from my understanding.) where as you have Cocaine (which makes them more efficient i believe the word is?) Which i guess brings up the question.... Can you give raiders a contact high to the point where they drop what they are doing and send in some cracked up colonists to take care of them? XD
Claims to know most things.

wbonxx

Quote from: Lightzy on August 18, 2016, 02:27:43 PM
You crumble the dried weed a bit by pinching with your fingers onto a spread rizla (or prepare like a matchbox of premade crumbled weed), put a filter in on one end, lick your finger and wet the edge of the rizla paper and roll it tightly but not TOO tightly. Some air needs to get through.

Oh, and of course, you need a crafting spot ..

.... I already see RW players bedrooms, with "crafting spots" drawn on the floor.

and anyway, rizla is noob stuff.... proS use only smoking gold.

funnypete

Quote from: wbonxx on August 19, 2016, 10:13:55 AM

.... I already see RW players bedrooms, with "crafting spots" drawn on the floor.

and anyway, rizla is noob stuff.... proS use only smoking gold.
nah, it's like sports: not the quality of the ball is important, but the experience and skills of the player....
ps: realrealreal pros use methods that don't f**k up their lungs.... 

Lightzy

You should definitely be able to research bongs.

cultist

Bongs/pipes should probably be the standard. Joints - like cheeseburgers - are only really practical in a highly industrialized society that has a lot of specialized manufacturing. Good quality rolling paper is pretty hard to manufacture in your backyard.

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief though. :p

Tynan

Quote from: cultist on August 19, 2016, 07:51:03 PM
Bongs/pipes should probably be the standard. Joints - like cheeseburgers - are only really practical in a highly industrialized society that has a lot of specialized manufacturing. Good quality rolling paper is pretty hard to manufacture in your backyard.

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief though. :p

This is interesting to me. I assumed joints were quite simple.

So how would people in primitive societies have smoked these things? Just pipes?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

cultist

Quote from: Tynan on August 19, 2016, 08:01:18 PM
This is interesting to me. I assumed joints were quite simple.

So how would people in primitive societies have smoked these things? Just pipes?

Some sort of simple pipe made of wood, clay or bone most likely. Probably only used a few times before being discarded. Basically, any tube where you can block and unblock the airflow will work as a base.

This is how humanity smoked the stuff that we smoke for most of our history.

It's not unthinkable to make a joint/cigarette from some sort of fiber or rough paper but it would not burn well.

Tynan

I was thinking they could just use a dry leaf.

Anyway, nobody said the joints in RimWorld were really good :D
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Mr.Cross

I know my broke cousins smokes that shit by punching a hole or two in a pop can XD
Claims to know most things.

Grishnerf

i hope we can make legendary artwork Joints. otherwise this is pointless  ;D
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist