How To Roll Joints?

Started by pdxsean, August 18, 2016, 02:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

Seriously?

This is an official part of Rimworld now?

Time for a negative review on Steam.

Way to drive half of your customers away.

I've gotten sick of the liberal and political agenda of this game.

I play games to distract me.  Not to get the liberal agenda pushed on me which is clearly what's going on with the insistence of adding gays and drugs.

Awful.

mumblemumble

nushcler, I'm a teetotaler IRL, and frankly it represents all these ACCURATELY, showing massive problems with them, even with weed. On the whole, drugs really aren't a good idea in the game. 

So really, I don't mind. Though luciferium frightens the hell out of me, mainly because it sounds like it could be real

This said, a lower mental break thresh-hold (however minor) on gays would be good, and indicative of the higher mental illness rate in them, OR, as some say "negative social pressure on gays causing stress".
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

cultist

Quote from: nuschler22 on August 20, 2016, 12:28:27 AM
Seriously?

I play games to distract me.  Not to get the liberal agenda pushed on me which is clearly what's going on with the insistence of adding gays and drugs.

Awful.

That's some low-quality bait right there. You don't sound even the slightest bit sincere.

Doc Savage NDMF

Seriously?

Awful.

For you, yes. For the rest of humanity the pawns from the game are picked from, not so much.

It sounds like you want a game where you make little clones of yourself and everyone behaves as you do. It's an easy trap to fall into. However that isn't reality...

I may not necessarily agree with everything the game allows or contains, but that simply allows me to exercise what I believe to be right. It also challenges me to get there without the easy crutches other players use as cash cows. That the game contains real world issues isn't a bad thing. If anything, it allows you ample chance to prove that you actually hold to your rhetoric.

The pawns to me are people, not things. They are stuck in a (somewhat) realistic world with many realistic issues to deal with. First comes trying to have everyone get along, then comes mollifying various interests in the effort to get the pawns off their butts and doing what needs doing. Then comes rewarding them, within limits, in ways they actually like to be rewarded; if for no other reason than to keep them from killing someone. And for me personally, that has to be done without slavery or meat grinder cash cows. And now with not being a drug kingpin...

So... Just how am I going to convince a meth head, a stoner and two alcoholics to get things done so we all don't die some horrible death..? How will I prove it can be done without the easy street cash..? I can honestly say it certainly won't be by not playing and ranting bad reviews... You won't convert the world simply telling them they're doing it wrong.

Cheers..!

eadras

Seriously?

Awful.
Oh, right.  The violence, cruelty to and mutilation of animals, and cannibalism are no big deal.  But allowing gays or drugs to exist is just too much.  ::)

nuschler22

Awesome responses.

Comparing defending yourself to using  and selling drugs for profit .  Lol.

But good for you guys.  I'm glad you're all happy at the direction of the game.

This will be my last post on this forum. And my glowing review in Steam will turn to a negative.

Enjoy your political statement of a game.

mumblemumble

"mutilation" of animals for the context of need is actually completely ok morally. So long as its not malicious, or callous.

Bro, nuschler, calm down. I hate drug addicits, and ESPECIALLY dealers, yet I won't hate the game for HAVING them. Did you hate fallout series for jet, psycho use? Oblivion for skooma addicts?

I mean, do what you want, we can't stop you, but you are looking ridiculous.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

cultist

Quote from: nuschler22 on August 20, 2016, 10:47:32 AM
This will be my last post on this forum. And my glowing review in Steam will turn to a negative.

No offense, but you're the only one making any political statements if this is reason enough for you to submit a negative review. Game developers are not under any obligation to create content that is in line with your personal views, or indeed anyone's but their own. The terms of early access are clearly explained when you buy the game.

Mihsan

Quote from: cultist on August 20, 2016, 06:31:37 AM
That's some low-quality bait right there. You don't sound even the slightest bit sincere.

Here, take some free good karma, kind sir.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Grishnerf

Awesome responses.

i hope you still post a screenshot of your heatwave Problem!
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Siollear

Awesome responses.

HAHA, have fun being made fun of on that community as well.

ReZpawner

So let me get this straight. Of all the things to get offended by in Rimworld, drugs was the thing that tipped you over? Not cannibalism, murder, dismemberment or torture?

mumblemumble

I think its the idea perhaps that drugs are sold for profit and its ok, with frankly I agree with. Everything should have repercussions, so I think having a large scale drug operation should eventually lead to pressure to stop, maybe by military attacks, or what have you.

EDIT : hey nuschler is THIS your changed review? Kinda sounds like it.... Regardless if so or not, I find it funny they rip on tynan for a 6 month vacation after around 2 YEARS working all the time on it. And its not even like development stopped, the update when he came back was one of the coolest ones to happen imo (no offense ty.)

-----

Grishnerf

rofl what a guy.  ;D
goes out with a bang.

Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

ReZpawner

Wow, I don't say this enough, but wow, what a complete and utter twat that guy is. He even added me on steam to threaten me.