Colonists Unable to Do Anything

Started by Ser Kitteh, August 16, 2016, 10:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ser Kitteh

I've had this game for three days already with my second colony going well. Which means yes I know about manual priority and all those things. I've clocked 8 hours into this game.

However, after installing some mods and starting a new colony, the colonists cannot do anything. They cannot Prioritize Do X they cannot be ordered to haul, they basically stand still idle despite being undrafted.

Said colony before only had the EDB Prepare Carefully mod. What gives?

EDIT: Hmm, I had a screenshot uploaded to Imgur but it seems to not appear here. How to fix?

Anyway, the mods are, in order:

Core
Community Core Library
Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
EdB Prepare Carefully
Hospitality
ED-Plants 24H
ED-Moat
ED-More Vanilla Turrets
ED-SafeTraps
Extended Medicine
Reclaim Fabric
Clutter Furniture Model

They were all checked green.

milon

After you upload to Imgur, you need to get the URL for the image, then link that here with the IMG tag wrapped around the URL.

Regarding the actual bug, try starting a new colony with the same mod list.  Does it work?  Many times you can't introduce a new mod to an existing colony and a fresh start is required.

Ser Kitteh

Actually it does! Though it took like four retries. I want to add more mods but kinda afraid my time gets wasted. Any way to ensure this doesn't happen again?

milon

When you're adding new mods:
1. Make sure to start a new colony unless the mod explicitly says it's okay to add to an existing game (and even then it can conflict with other mods)
2. Watch your mod order.  Some mods MUST be loaded before/after certain things, so read the mod's thread before activating a new mod.

Beyond that, if it breaks and you can't figure it out, ask for help in the mod's thread or the Mod Bugs subforum. :)

Ser Kitteh

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate the advice.