[A15] A Dog Said... (Core-friendly animal surgery) - 10/2016 update 1.4

Started by kaptain_kavern, August 18, 2016, 05:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Thread locked, all users interested in mod go here please: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29310.0

Adds basic animal surgeries and bionics to Rimworld

This mod is fully compatible with Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering

Following parts are added to the game:

• animal brain stimulator. Fits all animals.

• bionic animal eyes. Fits all animals.

• bionic animal heart. Fits all animals.

• bionic animal lung. Fits all animals.

• bionic animal liver. Fits all animals.

• bionic animal stomach. Fits all animals.

• bionic animal kidney. Fits all animals.

• simple/bionic animal ears. Fits all animals.

• simple/bionic animal jaw. Fits all animals.

• simple/bionic animal spine. Fits all animals.

• simple prosthetic/bionic animal arms. Fits monkey and megatherium.

• peglegs. Can be crafted with 1 wood. Fits all animals. Least efficiency.

• simple prosthetic/bionic animal legs. Fits all animals.

All parts can be obtained from traders, except peglegs.

All parts can be crafted at the included Animal prosthetics table. Crafting requires a skill of 5-12, depending on part.

Simple parts are slightly lower in efficiency than natural parts. Bionic parts are higher.

Simple/ bionic legs, arms and jaws do melee damage now, depending on type.

All parts need medicine skill and 1 medicine to be installed. Please check medicine restrictions in you animal's health tab. Simple parts need a skill from 4-6, bionic parts need a skill form 8-10 to be installed.

Make sure to delete your old mod folder before any update.

Also added to github release:

Lite version (adds only limbs) // NoCrafting Version (no crafting at machining table)

Download

A15

Github

Steam

Prior Versions

Github

Mod Team:

Updated, overhauled and expanded from Latta's A13 Version

kaptain_kavern

EPOE Compatibility patch

Move all recipes to EPOE benches and remove the skill requirements to be on par with how EPOE works.
The cost values have been modified to be on par with EPOE's costs too

You need to use the NOCRAFTING version with this, and make sure you load the patch after both mods.

STEAM WORKSHOP link

For non steam see in the github release link above

kaptain_kavern

[Reserved for later]

kaptain_kavern

witchyspoon

>>>>>A16!<<<<<
until Kaptain finds the time to update the Githhub,
you can find all A16 versions either here (dropbox) or at the steam workshop (same links as before)
colors in healthtab have been adjusted to fit better with EPOE and prosthetic tails have been added

edit: fixed epoe patch error

Exende

is this still the same version from the previous thread or has this been updated? (A14)

witchyspoon

Quote from: Exende on August 18, 2016, 06:34:51 PM
is this still the same version from the previous thread or has this been updated? (A14)

still our old version in A14, but A15 update is coming soon :)

MainTango

Hi!

So, I'm using the no crafting version of this mod, but the bionic animal body parts still show up in the bills list of my machining table. I switched from the full version to the no crafting version but it still lets me craft the bionic animal parts.
Playing on 0.15.1284 with these mods:

lorebot

Quote from: MainTango on September 07, 2016, 04:03:40 PM
Hi!

So, I'm using the no crafting version of this mod, but the bionic animal body parts still show up in the bills list of my machining table. I switched from the full version to the no crafting version but it still lets me craft the bionic animal parts.

Did you delete the old mod folder before installing the new one? If you didn't then you're probably still using some files from the full version and that's why you can see the recipes.

MainTango

Quote from: lorebot on September 07, 2016, 04:40:53 PM
Did you delete the old mod folder before installing the new one? If you didn't then you're probably still using some files from the full version and that's why you can see the recipes.

Yes, I did. I deleted ADogSaid-master and replaced it with ADogSaid-A15-nocarfting. Does Rimworld cache any recipes somewhere?

witchyspoon

Quote from: MainTango on September 07, 2016, 04:03:40 PM
Hi!

Sorry mate, that was our mistake! Some files in the github nocrafting release got mixed up we'll fix it as soon as we can! In the meantime, if you're able, use the steam nocrafting version that one should be fine.

edit: or better yet, if you don't use steam and don't want to wait, just delete the "Recipes_AnimalParts.xml" in /Defs/RecipeDefs folder. It will make the parts uncraftable. :)

MainTango

Quote from: spoonshortage on September 07, 2016, 05:11:40 PM
Sorry mate, that was our mistake! Some files in the github nocrafting release got mixed up we'll fix it as soon as we can! In the meantime, if you're able, use the steam nocrafting version that one should be fine.

edit: or better yet, if you don't use steamand don't want to wait, just delete the "Recipes_AnimalParts.xml" in /Defs/RecipeDefs folder. It will make the parts uncraftable. :)

Hey, thanks for the response. Since I try to avoid steam wherever possible, I'll do it myself. Keep up the good work.

kaptain_kavern

Hi there.

Thanks for the bug report MainTango.

I just corrected the Github release and Spoonshortage will surely update the Steam version soon

shadowstitch

I really like this mod, it's super useful and very welcome for my poor animals, but one thing I'd like to ask: Is it possible to remove these parts from the traders entirely, and make them crafting-only?

I don't mind being able to buy them, but it seems like the animal parts totally drown out any human bionic parts' chance to appear, so I very rarely see them anymore. Or is that just my imagination?

I tried adding a tradeability line in the Items_AnimalBodyParts.xml, as follows, and it seems to have done the trick, but I'm a rank amateur at modding Rimworld, so I don't know if this is safe?

<ThingDef ParentName="BodyPartBase" Name="BodyPartAnimalArtificialBase" Abstract="True">
    <thingCategories>
      <li>BodyPartsAnimalArtificial</li>
    </thingCategories>
      <tradeability>Sellable</tradeability>
  </ThingDef>