[A15] A Dog Said... (Core-friendly animal surgery) - 10/2016 update 1.4

Started by kaptain_kavern, August 18, 2016, 05:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vidgin

Hello, there very big problem with this mod. Amount of organs, that exotic good traders bring with them self, remains the same. So before I could buy 1-2 bionic human arms/legs atleast every time when traders came. After installing mod the traders bring the bionic animal organs instead of human organs. So I have only 1-2 bionic human organs per 7-8 traders, not per 1-2 as before. It is very big problem and this crash the balance, because need of human organs much MORE than animal organs.

You should (imho):
1) Remove the animal organs from traders (not very good solution)
2) Make another goods category for animal organs, so amount of animal organs will not affect the amount of human organs that the traders has with them.

Thanks. But your mod ruined my game. I don't use mod to create bionic parts so I can buy them only. And now I can't buy them because of their lack.

And now my saves don't work after turning OFF "a dog said ... Lite". I've sold all animals with bionic organs from this mod, I've sold all bionic organs that I made. I distracted my workbench. And still the saves don't work without this mod. There are the logs:
Could not load refernce to Verse.HediffDef named BionicLegAnimal
Exception from asynchronous event: System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode Not all LoadlDs wich were read were consumed. 41 singles and 41 lists remain.

What is going on??

kaptain_kavern

Like lots of other mods, we can't insure savegame compatibility as is. How do we know which mods folks will be using, are they using our mod or the modified by Aristocat (per example or anyone else on Steam) etc ... We have never said that the mod is save-compatible (like a lots of mods it require a new game) So, no problems, your welcome...

Now, several things : Thanks for the feedback about traders, we will search a solution (surely something around like you said or a another completely new traders; either way I foresee that no decisions will please everyone - and that's why we choose to make traders like that in the first place, I mean it was a decision, not a bug or an error)

About your savegame : Are you comfortable enough with a bit of coding (mostly search and erase lines) so I just explain how to try to save your savegame? Or do you prefer to send me the savegame for I try to clean it from our Hediffs?

vidgin

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 18, 2016, 11:24:31 AM
Like lots of other mods, we can't insure savegame compatibility as is. How do we know which mods folks will be using, are they using our mod or the modified by Aristocat (per example or anyone else on Steam) etc ... We have never said that the mod is save-compatible (like a lots of mods it require a new game) So, no problems, your welcome...

I don't use any other mods except "dog said... Lite". And I really like your mod if it didn't crush traders' balance =\
Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 18, 2016, 11:24:31 AM
About your savegame : Are you comfortable enough with a bit of coding (mostly search and erase lines) so I just explain how to try to save your savegame? Or do you prefer to send me the savegame for I try to clean it from our Hediff?
Thanks for the help! There is direct link (on webhosting) to save file:
http://rgho.st/8RJtfmH8n
Unfortunately I am bad in coding...

witchyspoon

Quote from: vidgin on October 18, 2016, 11:06:42 AM
Hello, there very big problem with this mod. Amount of organs, that exotic good traders bring with them self, remains the same. So before I could buy 1-2 bionic human arms/legs atleast every time when traders came. After installing mod the traders bring the bionic animal organs instead of human organs. So I have only 1-2 bionic human organs per 7-8 traders, not per 1-2 as before. It is very big problem and this crash the balance, because need of human organs much MORE than animal organs.

You should (imho):
1) Remove the animal organs from traders (not very good solution)
2) Make another goods category for animal organs, so amount of animal organs will not affect the amount of human organs that the traders has with them.

Thanks. But your mod ruined my game. I don't use mod to create bionic parts so I can buy them only. And now I can't buy them because of their lack.

And now my saves don't work after turning OFF "a dog said ... Lite". I've sold all animals with bionic organs from this mod, I've sold all bionic organs that I made. I distracted my workbench. And still the saves don't work without this mod. There are the logs:
Could not load refernce to Verse.HediffDef named BionicLegAnimal
Exception from asynchronous event: System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode Not all LoadlDs wich were read were consumed. 41 singles and 41 lists remain.

What is going on??
we will certainly look into the trader issue soon. Now regarding your save, the game still seems to want the recipes even if everything is gone, unfortunately save for cleaning up your save file and manually removing all reference to the mod there is nothing you can do. I can however offer you a possible quick and dirty fix so you can load your save again with the mod and not have the trader problem (as long as you are using any other version than NoCrafting)
You'd have to go into your mod folder and modify the Items_AnimalBodyParts.xml by removing
      <tradeTags>
         <li>BodyPartOrImplant</li>
      </tradeTags>

from it. this way the parts won't be carried by traders and at least you can play your save again with sufficent human parts until we have a more permanent fix for the traders.

edit: I just saw kaptain already answered xD

kaptain_kavern

Hey no problems. I may have been a bit harsh in my reply, sorry.

But I consider it normal to at least try to repair your savegame. Doesn't works each time but when you are used to it's not that long to do.

Apparently Hiroki the husky had a bionic leg (I had to remove it from the save, so the dog may be doomed, sorry) but i will try to do some voodoo (can't promise)

kaptain_kavern

Can you try this ?

I had to remove Hiroki's leg ...... injuries only :p

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0szuzdtg2jhxiw/3K1.rws?dl=0

Please tell me if it doesn't work

vidgin

Quote from: spoonshortage on October 18, 2016, 11:54:37 AM
You'd have to go into your mod folder and modify the Items_AnimalBodyParts.xml by removing
      <tradeTags>
         <li>BodyPartOrImplant</li>
      </tradeTags>

from it. this way the parts won't be carried by traders and at least you can play your save again with sufficent human parts until we have a more permanent fix for the traders.

Really thanks for that! It solved the problem at all. Now I can play the game with your mod. Really thanks! :)

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 18, 2016, 12:07:30 PM
Can you try this ?

I had to remove Hiroki's leg ...... injuries only :p

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0szuzdtg2jhxiw/3K1.rws?dl=0

Please tell me if it doesn't work
And thank you too for your attention. Sorry, but I used spoonshortage's advise and removed the mod from traders' lists of goods. But still thanks for your help too :)

moonra

Is it impossible to castrate animals? I'd expect to have that from this mod but it seems I can't, so I'd imagine the game doesn't support that yet?
I really want my animals to stop banging so much, but I don't wanna sell all males/all females 'cause some of them have bonds with my colonists.

Dingo

dookie

Maybe I'm missing something in the process, but I got a monkey with a "shot off" right hand due to a friendly fire accident.  So, I crafted an animal bionic arm since there's no specific "hand" prosthesis, and then created an operation bill to attach the arm.  One of my medical pawns performed the surgery, but upon completion of the surgery, the monkey still has a missing right hand that's "shot off" and its manipulation is still "poor."   

Did the surgery fail?  If it did, there's no indication.  It's not acting any different from my other monkeys and animals, and there's no evidence of the surgery ever occurring according to any of the info tabs.  Oh well, it doesn't really matter because monkeys don't do much of anything... but this whole procedure was strangely anti-climactic and seemingly a waste of time/resources. 

Am I missing something?

witchyspoon

Quote from: dookie on October 23, 2016, 06:37:15 AM
Maybe I'm missing something in the process, but I got a monkey with a "shot off" right hand due to a friendly fire accident.  So, I crafted an animal bionic arm since there's no specific "hand" prosthesis, and then created an operation bill to attach the arm.  One of my medical pawns performed the surgery, but upon completion of the surgery, the monkey still has a missing right hand that's "shot off" and its manipulation is still "poor."   

Did the surgery fail?  If it did, there's no indication.  It's not acting any different from my other monkeys and animals, and there's no evidence of the surgery ever occurring according to any of the info tabs.  Oh well, it doesn't really matter because monkeys don't do much of anything... but this whole procedure was strangely anti-climactic and seemingly a waste of time/resources. 

Am I missing something?

are you sure the surgery was successful? bc they can fail like with the human surgeries...idk what else to tell you I tried it myself with a monkey who had a missing hand and it worked as it should:

dookie

Quote from: spoonshortage on October 23, 2016, 07:01:38 AM

are you sure the surgery was successful? bc they can fail like with the human surgeries...idk what else to tell you I tried it myself with a monkey who had a missing hand and it worked as it should:

Yes, that must have been what happened: the surgery failed.  But like I said, there was no indication of this.  I tried doing the whole process again, and it worked just like your example.   Thank you for the reply. 

faltonico

I really, really like this mod's logo. And its features too xD
Thank you for your hard work! ^^

witchyspoon

A16!
until Kaptain finds the time to update the Githhub,
you can find the A16 full version either here (dropbox) or at the steam workshop (same link as before)

Lite, NoCrafting and epoe- versions will follow later.

Adalah217

Quote from: spoonshortage on December 20, 2016, 07:36:42 PM
Lite, NoCrafting and epoe- versions will follow later.

Is this because you are waiting for EPOE to update, or do you plan to just update yourself? Thanks so much for the work to update A Dog Said.. !

Edit: Just a heads up, someone made a quick short-term update to EPOE if you're curious. It's in the EPOE thread on the forums here