[A16] Psychology (2017-5-14)

Started by System.Linq, August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

Quote from: Psychology on January 28, 2017, 06:46:25 PM
It's supposed to prevent the negative moodlets, but actually changing the ThoughtWorker for those moodlets seems to have slipped through the cracks this update. Thanks for the report.

You're welcome. I very much like the mod, so I am glad to play a part in making it better.

Upon closer inspection methadone does seem to alter moodlets for like a barely visible split second, then it goes back to how it were. Hope that helps. And if it does nullify all negative stuff from addiction withdrawals, you probably should consider making it twice or thrice as costly in neutroamine to produce, since it will basically let you spam drug abuse for mood control. Thats just my thoughts though.

System.Linq

Methadone is itself addictive and can cause chemical damage. That's the tradeoff. It's used for weaning people off drugs, not to allow them to take any drug they want without suffering withdrawal. They will get addicted to methadone and the only thing that can help that is more methadone.

Madman666

Quote from: Psychology on January 28, 2017, 07:44:35 PM
Methadone is itself addictive and can cause chemical damage. That's the tradeoff. It's used for weaning people off drugs, not to allow them to take any drug they want without suffering withdrawal. They will get addicted to methadone and the only thing that can help that is more methadone.

Well, okay then. Completely erasing absolutely atrocious debuffs from psychite still feels a bit too powerful for just 5% dice roll for addiction to methadone per day, but its your decision. I like powerful items anyway. One more question for you - I suppose methadone won't help against withdrawal from mod-added drugs right? Or is it coded to nullify any type of withdrawal?

System.Linq

It will nullify any type of withdrawal. And it only erases the moodlets, not any other debuffs. It just prevents colonists from going on mental breaks while they're in withdrawal.

Madman666

Ah, fine, it won't make them useful in terms of stats, but just prevents them from breaking because of withdrawal mood penatly and potentially dying to other colonists trying to restrain them. I see, then its balanced for 1 neutroamine I guess. And it even works with any withdrawal. Cool. I won't be needing my completely walled off withdrawal cells filled with food for long-term addict isolation. It was dangerous with tantrum and self-harm addition anyway) Thanks for the information.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-28 v2. Hotfix for methadone.

Quote from: Madman666 on January 28, 2017, 07:58:37 PM
I won't be needing my completely walled off withdrawal cells filled with food for long-term addict isolation. It was dangerous with tantrum and self-harm addition anyway)

That's the idea!

Madman666

And its actually real damn good one too. It was quite strange for berserked colonists never trying to trash the furniture in a locked room and try to beat their way out of confined space. And when I saw that they actually hurt their FISTS in the process, I was like " What?? Wow this guy's very thorough or what?" It feels like a very careful work) No idea why would anyone want to turn off the elections. Maybe just to play with Leadership mod, but I personally will just have separate runs for that :)

System.Linq

I don't ask why people choose not to use certain features of my mod (even if I did spend dozens of hours on them!). I just included the option in case, I dunno, someone wanted to run a dictatorship and democracy wasn't really in the cards. It's good to have options as long as people are properly educated on what they entail.

Icefrenzy

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-28 v3. Minor hotfix for a bug that causes some new thoughts, which are saved properly, not to be loaded fully.

Sorry for all the hotfixes. I did as much bugtesting as I could before I released it. This is why I recommend you download through the Steam Workshop!

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-28 v4. Fixed a bug that would cause pawns to discard a lot of thoughts unnecessarily, particularly negative ones.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-29. Some more fixes to memories, and some balance tweaks.

Again, I apologize for the frequent updates. There's a lot of variables in motion here. I caught many of them during testing, but the more nuanced ones eluded me.

deathstar

Very cool to have the mayoral system in place, can't wait to try it later today.
I'm thinking of trying it in conjunction with Nandonalt's leadership mod, thinking of his "leaders" as the foremen and head crafters of the colony. Will see if that works for me.
Incidentally, are you thinking of adding maybe more spiritual elements to your mod? Such as having people drift toward others of similar religious persuasion - or if you're trying to keep it neutral their spiritual-ness (simple scale low-high). They would choose joy-activities based on this scale, with highly spiritual people meditating and visiting graves and the likes, maybe they could even hold sermons of sorts.

System.Linq

I've considered altering which joy activities pawns choose based on their personality, yes, but the mod doesn't and has no current plans to model specific faiths or distinctions between them. Pure pawns are already more religious/spiritual than their less Pure counterparts, and will gravitate towards other Pure colonists they talk to about religion and spirituality, if that helps.

hwfanatic

Probably not a big issue. Hopefully this helps. Or if not, tell me what would.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ypbq1IHgPQdnpPdWROLW85ZEE/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Wrong link.

EDIT 2: The new attending meeting job task seems to be disrupting pawns way too much. They prefer it over other tasks as well, which is not something I would expect.

EDIT 3: If a meeting gets interrupted (raid for example) the pawns will insist on finishing the meeting immediately afterwards, and will avoid doctoring and being a patient themselves until they do that.