[A16] Psychology (2017-5-14)

Started by System.Linq, August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

System.Linq

No, Psychology does not conflict with any of Hospitality's definitions.

Adventurer

There's a major conflict between this and Miscellaneous Robots. Miscellaneous Robots modifies Naked so robots don't suffer a mood penalty for being considered naked. This mod gives an additional penalty to prudes by adding Prudes to the exempt list and giving them a different mood penalty that is even higher.

I think what you should do is remove your Naked override and just have Prudes suffer Naked and the additional mood penalty instead of having it replace it.

<ThoughtDef>
    <defName>NakedPrude</defName>
    <workerClass>ThoughtWorker_PsychologicallyNude</workerClass>
    <requiredTraits>
      <li>Prude</li>
    </requiredTraits>
    <stages>
      <li>
        <label>exposed</label>
        <description>Everyone's staring at me! PLEASE GET ME SOME CLOTHES!</description>
        <baseMoodEffect>-14</baseMoodEffect>
      </li>
    </stages>
  </ThoughtDef>

System.Linq

No thanks. I would prefer to avoid duplicate thoughts because it's ugly and unprofessional. I'll look into the Miscellaneous Robots mod to issue a compatibility patch but I will be doing it a more elegant way.

Adventurer

I would think duplicate thoughts would be heavily more preferred over making a compatibility patch for a single def.

System.Linq

No, because a compatibility patch can be seamlessly integrated with no loss of functionality. I heavily prefer maintaining the quality of the mod over deteriorating it for a single mod. Feel free to make that change in the meantime, however; it may be a while before CCL updates.

laokangz2

love your mod, after make the compatibility patch, could you upload as a attachment at this page. thanks

Adventurer

Quote from: laokangz2 on September 14, 2016, 04:17:11 AM
love your mod, after make the compatibility patch, could you upload as a attachment at this page. thanks

Place this file in Psychology\Defs\ThoughtDefs and overwrite when prompted.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Adventurer

Misc Robots updated so that it doesn't need to modify the Naked thought anymore.

Dingo

You're missing the DeathMemory abstract base in the Thoughts_Memory_Death XML. Might want to fix that for the next release.

demol

Very intresting modding.
Are traits gainable/discardable in current state of the mod?

For example, can harsh decisions make colonist more firm?
Can easy life soften them?
Is that possible to make Glitterworld Paradise or true Savage Tribe unconcerned about cannibalizing their enemies?

System.Linq

Quote from: demol on October 12, 2016, 10:54:40 AM
Very intresting modding.
Are traits gainable/discardable in current state of the mod?

For example, can harsh decisions make colonist more firm?
Can easy life soften them?
Is that possible to make Glitterworld Paradise or true Savage Tribe unconcerned about cannibalizing their enemies?

Desensitized is the only trait that can be gained at the moment. It's a light version of Psychopath so your colonists who are frequently exposed to death will stop being bothered by it.

I could definitely look into making it so that the environment of your colony affects your colonists' traits. But development is stalled until CCL comes out for A15.

Killaim

would be neat with a function for colonists to calm down a person who is having a psychotic break.

convinced them to calm down or make people who wander aimlessly to return to normal.

like a slight quicker thing.
perhaps even a task that can be psycjologist, talks to people feeling bad mood and cheer them up or get rid of negative conditions.
at the cost of working on this instead of anythign else. (maybe a couch and a chair item ? :D )

System.Linq

Quote from: Killaim on November 05, 2016, 10:21:18 PM
would be neat with a function for colonists to calm down a person who is having a psychotic break.

convinced them to calm down or make people who wander aimlessly to return to normal.

like a slight quicker thing.
perhaps even a task that can be psycjologist, talks to people feeling bad mood and cheer them up or get rid of negative conditions.
at the cost of working on this instead of anythign else. (maybe a couch and a chair item ? :D )

I will probably look into adding a task for pawns to try and calm down those on mental breaks.

Diana Winters

not sure if this is a known bug, but pawns with the "codependant" trait will still maintain the buff for being married after the death of their spouse. I suggest making it so they will get a massive debuff for the death of their partner

System.Linq

Quote from: Diana Winters on November 06, 2016, 11:59:46 PM
not sure if this is a known bug, but pawns with the "codependant" trait will still maintain the buff for being married after the death of their spouse. I suggest making it so they will get a massive debuff for the death of their partner

This bug is caused by Psychology not checking to make sure that a pawn's partner is actually still alive before awarding the buff. It will be fixed in the new version when CCL comes out, thank you for the report.