[A16] Psychology (2017-5-14)

Started by System.Linq, August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bladerunner170

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 28, 2017, 02:15:24 AM
i have a few pawns with it. If i keep going it should stop giving me a malus then? Is it the sme for trait treatment or is that always just temporary?

Just keep treating them and eventually it'll be fine.
I don't have any traits requiring treatment, so I don't really know about that.

Ruisuki

Quote from: bladerunner170 on March 28, 2017, 02:30:22 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on March 28, 2017, 02:15:24 AM
i have a few pawns with it. If i keep going it should stop giving me a malus then? Is it the sme for trait treatment or is that always just temporary?

Just keep treating them and eventually it'll be fine.
I don't have any traits requiring treatment, so I don't really know about that.
cool ill do so. even if trait treatment differs from regular illnesses its still very useful. Pyros be dangerous

Der Failer

I tried to arrest a pawn in a abusive mental state, while she was about to attack chris.

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Chris, Job=Arrest A=Thing_Human682633 B=Thing_Bed816181, Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: condition
  at Hospitality.LordJob_VisitColony.Notify_PawnLost (Verse.Pawn p, PawnLostCondition condition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.Notify_PawnLost (Verse.Pawn pawn, PawnLostCondition cond) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Pawn_GuestTracker.SetGuestStatus (RimWorld.Faction newHost, Boolean prisoner) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Faction.SetHostileTo (RimWorld.Faction other, Boolean hostile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Faction.Notify_MemberCaptured (Verse.Pawn member, RimWorld.Faction violator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.Detour._Pawn._CheckAcceptArrest (Verse.Pawn _this, Verse.Pawn arrester) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_TakeToBed+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator3D.<>m__B0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-3-29. Complete list of changes:

- The impact length-of-conversation has on its opinion change is now a smooth curve.
- Less Aggressive pawns will now avoid controversial topics with strangers.
- More Polite pawns will avoid topics they know are contentious with people they know.
- Personality rating adjustment is now less strongly influenced by a trait's parents, so the raw rating is more influential.
- Added translation support for many parts of the mod that were previously hard-coded English.
- Fixed erroneous warning messages for Humanoid Alien Framework users.
- Aliens should now be able to have relationships/do lovin' with humans.
- Russian & French translation added.
- Abrasive is now a Major break.
- Fixed bug with Deep Talks.
- Anxiety is much less common on mental breaks, depending on how Laid-back the pawn is.
- Fixed Ex-Lover relationship def & NPE when a romance attempt causes a breakup.
- Fixed NPE when pawns sleep in caravans.
- Fixed trait-dependent failure thought for treating traits.
- Other NPE and bug fixes.

danielee

System.Linq

Next Psychology update: Your colonists hang out with each other and go on dates.

This will hopefully allow them to get to know people they wouldn't otherwise normally be friends with (e.g. someone they pass by in the hallway but don't work side-by-side with and thus rarely speak to), and maintain friendships/relationships (or wreck them if they aren't actually that compatible)

Madman666

Cool update)) I hope they hang out with each other in proper joy time though. Also did you figure out, why sadistic pawns can't be arrested?

Ruisuki

Do we update by deleting the previous folder of psychology and pasting the new one?

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Linq on August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM
COMPATIBILITY
- By using this mod with other mods that perform the same functions, you are taking FULL responsibility for any problems that may arise. You are also accepting that even if Psychology is able to work with that mod, you may be limiting your enjoyment of this mod because the other mod will ignore or maybe even disable Psychology's systems. It is not recommended to use this mod with any other social interaction mods.

I don't know which mods do and don't perform the mentioned programming maneuvers.

I do have several mods installed that add depth to story telling and pawn handling.
  • Rumors & Deception
  • Romance Diversified
  • Additional Traits
  • Colony Leadership
  • Relations Tab
  • Hospitality
  • MarvsUghYouGotMe
  • WorldPawnGC
  • Rainbeau's Editable Backstories
Has anyone tried mix-and-match with Psychology and any of the listed mods?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

tbridges42

I'm not positive this is an issue with Psychology, but maybe you can at least help me fix the last bit of it (I fixed 90% already).

I was playing all day yesterday, and throughout the morning I was able to save and load games, but this morning I can't load any of the games I saved last night.

I checked out my save files, and in the thing node for the first pawn that was saved, the Psychology.DirectPawnRelationDynamic node did not terminate properly. The result was that every other object in my game was considered to be a relationship of my pawn, instead of an object which was throwing pages of object not found errors when I loaded. Even my camera map was in that pawn's directRelations node.

I fixed that, and now her directRelations node looks like:
<social>
<directRelations>
<li>
<def>Bond</def>
<otherPawn>Thing_Husky38457</otherPawn>
</li>
<li>
<def>PawnRelationDynamic</def>
<otherPawn>Thing_Human4801</otherPawn>
<startTicks>1810358</startTicks>
</li>
<li Class="Psychology.DirectPawnRelationDynamic">
<def>PawnRelationDynamic</def>
<otherPawn>Thing_Human4801</otherPawn>
<startTicks>1810358</startTicks>
</li>
</directRelations>
</social>

Now I get an error message "Could not load reference to Rimworld.PawnRelationDef named PawnRelationDynamic". If I remove both of those PawnRelationDynamic nodes, the game loads but the two are no longer considered lovers. Her lover has no reference to her in his social node.

So I guess this post has two points: One to let you know there may be a save issue with your recent changes, and one to ask how I can modify my save file to put my power couple back together.

Crossbowman

I've been getting the exact same bug as tbridges42 lately, and as a result I play in debug mode all the time because I need to be able to see the debug log.

As for putting your two pawns together, you don't need to modify the save file as far as I know; just use the debug tool to "add relation" between your two pawns and you're golden.

System.Linq

Quote from: AngleWyrm on April 02, 2017, 10:06:23 AM

Quote from: Linq on August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM
COMPATIBILITY
- By using this mod with other mods that perform the same functions, you are taking FULL responsibility for any problems that may arise. You are also accepting that even if Psychology is able to work with that mod, you may be limiting your enjoyment of this mod because the other mod will ignore or maybe even disable Psychology's systems. It is not recommended to use this mod with any other social interaction mods.

I don't know which mods do and don't perform the mentioned programming maneuvers.

I do have several mods installed that add depth to story telling and pawn handling.
  • Rumors & Deception
  • Romance Diversified
  • Additional Traits
  • Colony Leadership
  • Relations Tab
  • Hospitality
  • MarvsUghYouGotMe
  • WorldPawnGC
  • Rainbeau's Editable Backstories
Has anyone tried mix-and-match with Psychology and any of the listed mods?

Do not use Romance Diversified or Rumors & Deception with Psychology. Relations Tab had a problem with Psychology, not sure if it was fixed yet. The other mods are fine.

Ruisuki

i run hospitality and relations tab, no problem so far. Not sure what I should be looking for though

Xeldrakka

Damn. This looks awesome, but unfortunately I run the mega sized modpack that is the Hardcore SK Global project. I hope that they end up integrating this.
Whoever appeals the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themselves without the law is both. For a wounded man should say unto his assailant "If I live, I will kill you, but if I die you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

AngleWyrm

QuoteDon't use Rumors & Deception or Romance Diversified
Relations Tab is working fine for me

Thanks guys

As this Psychology mod appears to provide a competing set of features for both of the incompatible mods I can give her a whirl.

New game :)
EDIT: It woiked!

I uninstalled Rumors & Deception, Romance Diversified and Hardcore SK global project's version of EdB's Prepare Carefully, replacing it with the official version of Prepare Carefully.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh