[A16] Psychology (2017-5-14)

Started by System.Linq, August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyna Tiona

Quote from: Psychology on January 06, 2017, 09:26:04 PM
More importantly, it's just not an accurate representation of asexuality, so I won't be implementing it that way.

Oh, huh. I may have to research that more thoroughly too, then. I've had asexual acquaintances before, but not a whole lot of direct interaction with the subject. I probably grasped the basic concept and just assumed it was simpler than it actually is. Honestly, the only reason it came to mind was because I was reading a book with a couple of asexual characters, which I guess probably says a lot about how disconnected from this subject I really am?...

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-7. Fixed some mental break-related bugs and tweaked anxiety a bit so it's slightly faster to treat.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-7 v2. I noticed a bug that was flipping the value of the empathy changes setting (which makes it ironic that Fafn1r mentioned it), so I fixed that.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-7 v3. Discovered another bug that prevented you from scheduling operations on animals.

Shakes

Is it intentional that when a pawn throws a tantrum they stay in that state even after passing out from exhaustion? I was repairing the stuff they were punching so they never got to destroy anything, but they were still going at it even after passing out twice, do they need to succeed in punching through something before snapping out of it?

Also on the tantrum event, I'd prefer it was changed so they only punch walls - furniture is an extreme micromanagement pain to stop them from breaking it. Walls are fine because you can let them go and the builder will run back over, so it wastes a bit of pawn time, but furniture I feel like I'm wasting my real life time ... very frustrating, not difficult to handle, just boring to click repair every couple of seconds.

System.Linq

Staying in tantrum mode after passing out is intentional, yes. The extreme mental breaks from the vanilla game are like that. They have to go away on their own.

If you don't want your pawn trashing your stuff, either arrest them or set them to be euthanized so they are anesthetized, and then cancel it.

Alternatively, just let them destroy it and rebuild it.

twoski

Uhh dude... You never asked me if you could use my mental breaks in your mod (not that i remember anyways - if you did PM me then i don't see it in my inbox anywhere).

If you haven't actually used any of my code then that's fine. But someone pointed this out to me so i figured i would check and see.

skullywag

Ive checked this over bar the name of the mental states no code has been copied, the assembly code isnt even close to being the same.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

XeoNovaDan

Possible bug: When a prisoner throws a tantrum, there is no option to melee attack them when right clicking them, so the only way to subdue them as such is to shoot them, which carries a significant risk of killing them.

Other than that, great mod!

Fafn1r

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on January 07, 2017, 02:05:54 PM
Possible bug: When a prisoner throws a tantrum, there is no option to melee attack them when right clicking them, so the only way to subdue them as such is to shoot them, which carries a significant risk of killing them.

Other than that, great mod!

You can click on the melee weapon icon and then on the prisoner to force attacking him.

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: Fafn1r on January 07, 2017, 02:10:49 PM
You can click on the melee weapon icon and then on the prisoner to force attacking him.

Eh, I could do that as a workaround. Don't really want to have my melee person have to go from spear to a poorly made wooden club every time though... it's impractical

Edit: Also noticed that the recovering pyromaniac message is in Russian on the top-left hand corner

sidfu

figured it out this error
Could not cast Pawn to PsychologyPawn.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Psychology.Detour._PawnGenerator:_GenerateTraits(Pawn, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:DoGenerateNewNakedPawn(PawnGenerationRequest&, String&, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateNewNakedPawn(PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn(PawnGenerationRequest)
RimWorld.Faction:GenerateNewLeader()
RimWorld.FactionGenerator:NewGeneratedFaction(FactionDef)
RimWorld.FactionGenerator:GenerateFactionsIntoWorld(String)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator:GenerateWorld(Single, String, OverallRainfall, OverallTemperature)
RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams:<CanDoNext>m__527()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

when using hardcore sk is caused by psychology option to have sexuality changes so it disables the gay trait. if u go into options and renable the gay trait the error is gone.

from rhyssia on hardcore sk thread

Ok in Core_SK  it is...
AlienPawnGenerator.DoGenerateNewNakedPawn
AlienPawnGenerator.IsValidCandidateToRedress
They try to pull::::   get_AllowGay() : Boolean

Shakes

Quote from: Psychology on January 07, 2017, 08:00:48 AM
Staying in tantrum mode after passing out is intentional, yes. The extreme mental breaks from the vanilla game are like that. They have to go away on their own.

The extreme breaks in the base game (according to the wiki) are berserk and fire starting spree, both of which I've never seen last through a colonist passing out, much less two ... are you sure this is correct?

If you don't want your pawn trashing your stuff, either arrest them or set them to be euthanized so they are anesthetized, and then cancel it.

There was no option to arrest (maybe a bug?), and I was playing a start with nothing scenario so unfortunately had no medicine yet.

Yeah, in retrospect that would have been more pawn time efficient, but loss aversion is a thing. :)

Kyna Tiona

Quote from: Shakes on January 07, 2017, 06:09:45 PM

Yeah, in retrospect that would have been more pawn time efficient, but loss aversion is a thing. :)

It can also be more human time efficient, depending on what mods you may be using~

Rhyssia

Quote from: sidfu on January 07, 2017, 05:17:18 PM
figured it out this error
Could not cast Pawn to PsychologyPawn.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Psychology.Detour._PawnGenerator:_GenerateTraits(Pawn, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:DoGenerateNewNakedPawn(PawnGenerationRequest&, String&, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateNewNakedPawn(PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn(PawnGenerationRequest)
RimWorld.Faction:GenerateNewLeader()
RimWorld.FactionGenerator:NewGeneratedFaction(FactionDef)
RimWorld.FactionGenerator:GenerateFactionsIntoWorld(String)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator:GenerateWorld(Single, String, OverallRainfall, OverallTemperature)
RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams:<CanDoNext>m__527()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

when using hardcore sk is caused by psychology option to have sexuality changes so it disables the gay trait. if u go into options and renable the gay trait the error is gone.

from rhyssia on hardcore sk thread

Ok in Core_SK  it is...
AlienPawnGenerator.DoGenerateNewNakedPawn
AlienPawnGenerator.IsValidCandidateToRedress
They try to pull::::   get_AllowGay() : Boolean

From my understanding, it's because it is trying to pull "get_AllowGay" and expecting a true/false return. But the Kinsey Model cannot pass a boolean. (Have not looked at Psychology Assembly.)

I'm only commenting here on it because it may cause issues with other mods that try to introduce modded races.
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!