[A16] Psychology (2017-5-14)

Started by System.Linq, August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WinterFlare

@thesoupiest

That's already in the mod, so unless you're using an older version it should be entirely possible to disable that if you so please. By asking for it as a feature and calling it idiotic, you're basically insulting the mod author for no reason while making yourself look quite silly in the process.

As he's said before, it also doesn't take any effect until at least a season in, so most of the time you should have had time to give people individual clothing consisting of several leathers. AFAIK literally all clothing has to be the same. You could change the pants, add pants, add armor, keep armor off of someone, and it will remove the thought.

System.Linq

Also different-colored pants of the same material count as non-matching.

Madman666

Best way to solve individuality problem is actually either apparello mod, that instantly crushes it with 100+ clothing items... or for those who don't love too much new stuff - a dyeing mod, where you just can choose 1 unmatching color on pants (which you won't ever see). Since the pallette is infinite - the problem won't ever bother you again. Or as people above said - new version already has the option to disable it. Done that myself at first, but then found apparello. Yikes.

By the way @Psychology since you more or less always including way to combat the new problems your mod introduces - maybe you should consider adding something like a little dye station too? And then post a few hints in mod info, how to effectively combat the problems. That would save you a bit of time answering people who don't like this or that incident\problem in your mod)

System.Linq

Unfortunately adding dyeing or anything like that would be out of scope for the mod, which is about colonists' mental and social interactions. The problems it introduces are supposed to be solvable in vanilla. The way you are supposed to combat that problem is to equip your colonists in different clothing. I have a running colony of 19 people and none of them have the thought.

Madman666

Well its your decision, I can see dying being offtopic of sorts... Battling it in vanilla kinda got to me, but dyeing mod solved while also allowing me to dye my factions uniform green without lowering armor\insulation values. Some hints could reduce the amount of questions at least.

System.Linq

I've tried to make it as explicit as possible. I don't know any more specific way to say "EXACTLY the same with NO variation WHATSOEVER."

Madman666

Well I am sure for example, not all people knew that making different colored pants from same cloth counted, since material is the same.

System.Linq

Good news -- the new build is now feature complete and just needs to be debugged and tweaked before it's released, optimistically this weekend.

Another sneak preview:

Madman666

Wow, that sounds complicated and awesome. Those things mentioned in colonist's platform (mainly drug restrictions as they are much more dangerous than useful in a16) - are they auto applied to use or they are just a suggestions and will have positive outcome, should the player decide to enact them?

System.Linq

They are merely reflections of that colonist's personality. They can't run your colony for you.

Madman666

Keldo

Seeing that you're going to manage leaders, i suppose it will be incompatible with Nandonalt Leadership mod ?

System.Linq

Leaders don't exist in vanilla Rimworld. Any mod that implements leadership has to do it in its own completely separate, completely unique, completely unrelated way.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-2-28. I will let the OP and update news speak for itself.

arthasmenethil

This looks almost too good... I was waiting for this update to start new game, and i'm jumping right in.