[A16] Psychology (2017-5-14)

Started by System.Linq, August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techgenius

Suppose Romance Diversified will not be getting as many updates too. That said it would also require update to its own "Prepare Carefully" to keep up with RW updates, might be better off using Psychology only. Got plans for compatibility with MAI and Robot mods? I have yet to see what my "pawns in disguise bots" react with a "psych" tab.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-30.

Patch notes:
- Fixed error thrown when all pawns are asleep and the colony has a mayor.
- Polyamorous pawns are now satisfied if they and their lovers all sleep in the same room together.
- Mayor visit thoughts of the same mood value should group together.
- Fixed a bug where happy mayors were actually LESS likely to run for re-election.
- Meetings will now be canceled when either pawn is drafted.
- Fixed a misconfiguration that caused elections not to properly reschedule themselves to start voting during the day.
- Improperly-configured pawns in existing savefiles will now be fixed automatically without issue. Before, this could cause errors and even CTDs, especially if you used mods like Humanoid Alien Framework or Romance Diversified.

I don't use MAI/Robot mods, and I plan on interweaving Psychology with Prepare Carefully in the future.

Napple

How does this mod interact with traits added from other mods.

System.Linq

Most trait mods should be completely compatible with it. Problems can only arise if they contain an Assemblies folder.

picatso

Thank you for the update!
I cannot wait for interaction of your mod with prepare carefully, as it would give us power to tweak personalities to create different scenarios.
Like I could drop 2 socially awkward geeky scientists and a meat-head and see them struggle to survive in wilderness :D

StormProxy

Pluviophile: This pawn simply likes the sound and feel of rain, and will receive a mood bonus from it.

FINALLY I CAN MAKE QUIET.

if anyone knows who she is.

Regar

Maybe some one already pointed this out but here is my imput to Psychology:

It seems to override Hospitality
On my first run with both mods i load Hospitality rather early and Psychology rather late.

and here the debug info at starting up rimworld:

[Psychology] Disabling detouring of medical methods due to detection of an assembly medical/surgery mod. This will remove some functionality from Bleeding Heart pawns.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:Warning(String, Object[])
Psychology.PsychologyBase:DefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnDefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:Initalize()
HugsLib.Core.UnityProxyComponent:Start()

Hope this helps.

UPDATE : it works now ... thats strange
the first group of visitors in this colony did not have the "hospitality-Tab"
but the second group right now ( this time its just 1 visitor ) does have the tab.

WinterFlare

It's not a big deal to me, but I just kinda find it funny. My mayor is a night owl, and his wife is not. I have them on different schedules, so the mayor is having meetings in their bedroom while she's trying to sleep. Any plans to make it so you can designate a meeting room beyond their personal bedroom? (I did improve his bedroom specifically for the meetings, so she's glad for a very impressive bedroom, but it would be nice if it the meeting room defaulted to the mayoral bedroom, but could be changed to somewhere else, like an office.)

hwfanatic

Madman666

Didn't encounter that problem since mine is not a night owl, but idea of an office is quite fitting I think, could solve a couple of problems. Among tweaking meeting priority lower, so that they auto prioritize survival over counseling without allmighty player's input :)

System.Linq

Quote from: Regar on January 31, 2017, 05:33:16 AM
Maybe some one already pointed this out but here is my imput to Psychology:

It seems to override Hospitality
On my first run with both mods i load Hospitality rather early and Psychology rather late.

and here the debug info at starting up rimworld:

[Psychology] Disabling detouring of medical methods due to detection of an assembly medical/surgery mod. This will remove some functionality from Bleeding Heart pawns.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:Warning(String, Object[])
Psychology.PsychologyBase:DefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnDefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:Initalize()
HugsLib.Core.UnityProxyComponent:Start()

Hope this helps.

UPDATE : it works now ... thats strange
the first group of visitors in this colony did not have the "hospitality-Tab"
but the second group right now ( this time its just 1 visitor ) does have the tab.

Nope, I use both Hospitality and Psychology, they work fine together.

Quote from: WinterFlare on January 31, 2017, 10:00:22 AM
It's not a big deal to me, but I just kinda find it funny. My mayor is a night owl, and his wife is not. I have them on different schedules, so the mayor is having meetings in their bedroom while she's trying to sleep. Any plans to make it so you can designate a meeting room beyond their personal bedroom? (I did improve his bedroom specifically for the meetings, so she's glad for a very impressive bedroom, but it would be nice if it the meeting room defaulted to the mayoral bedroom, but could be changed to somewhere else, like an office.)

For the initial implementation, I wanted to get the feature out there, so separate offices was simply not a concern. But yes, I'd like it to be possible; however, there's not a whole lot I can really do to designate a room as an "office" without adding in a new piece of furniture just to do that, which seems like overkill. I recommend you set the mayor's schedule to Work while his wife is asleep so he won't hold meetings during that time.

Diana Winters

Upon creating a new game (2 Orassans (Alien Framework) 1 Human) I got this error:
Exception ticking Kirk: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology._InteractionWorker_DeepTalk._RandomSelectionWeight (Verse.Pawn initiator, Verse.Pawn recipient) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_InteractionsTracker+<>c__DisplayClass4.<TryInteractRandomly>b__0 (RimWorld.InteractionDef x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElementByWeight[InteractionDef] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 weightSelector, RimWorld.InteractionDef& result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_InteractionsTracker.TryInteractRandomly (RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker _this) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker.InteractionsTrackerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

The human has a Psyche Tab, but the Orassans do not

In older saves, none of my humans have Psyche tabs

System.Linq

Thanks for the report. Orassans will not have Psyche tabs, and the older saves probably don't because you were using Romance Diversified, if I had to guess.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Linq on January 31, 2017, 03:28:14 PM
Thanks for the report. Orassans will not have Psyche tabs, and the older saves probably don't because you were using Romance Diversified, if I had to guess.

If I recall correctly, you said that Psychology worked with Alien Framework, but whatever.

As for using romance diversified; removing it did not add the Psyche tab in old saves.

System.Linq

Quote from: Diana Winters on January 31, 2017, 04:09:13 PM
Quote from: Linq on January 31, 2017, 03:28:14 PM

If I recall correctly, you said that Psychology worked with Alien Framework, but whatever.

As for using romance diversified; removing it did not add the Psyche tab in old saves.

It does work. Aliens just don't get Psychology systems. They still work fine on the vanilla ones.

And yes, having Romance Diversified on prevented those pawns from using Psychology systems, so they aren't retroactively granted them now. This was always the case and I warned people about it repeatedly.