[A16] Psychology (2017-5-14)

Started by System.Linq, August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielee

Hi. Any update for fixation of the errors found by Der Failer on previous page?

Ruisuki

This sounds awesome, but Im kind of intimidated to try it. You note its fine to use on an existing save, but if I find its not for me is it also safe to uninstall without save corruption?

Got a 'galaxy wide transmission' note when booted. Is this part of the mod giving me a heads up that I installed on existing save or something that always happens?

Anybody know how to alter the mod settings?

Der Failer

I hate to say it, but a have found another bug.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology.Detour._Pawn_RelationsTracker._SecondaryRomanceChanceFactor (RimWorld.Pawn_RelationsTracker t, Verse.Pawn otherPawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SocialCardUtility.GetPawnRowTooltip (RimWorld.CachedSocialTabEntry entry, Verse.Pawn selPawnForSocialInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SocialCardUtility+<DrawPawnRow>c__AnonStorey38E.<>m__4E6 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ActiveTip.get_FinalText () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Full log
Steps to reproduce:
1. Get in development mode (this is acturally importend)
2. Get a animal and force a birth
3. Open the social tab and look at the tip text (and get +100 error/s).
Optional:
4. Deactivate dev mode
5. Look again and find all seems to be ok.

ParadoxalObserver

Any possibility that in a future update we might get an option to set colonist psych before launching? A sort of 'Prepare Carefully' but for Psychology?

System.Linq

Quote from: danielee on February 23, 2017, 10:01:43 PM
Hi. Any update for fixation of the errors found by Der Failer on previous page?

I believe I fixed them in the unreleased build.

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 05, 2017, 07:22:34 AM
This sounds awesome, but Im kind of intimidated to try it. You note its fine to use on an existing save, but if I find its not for me is it also safe to uninstall without save corruption?

Got a 'galaxy wide transmission' note when booted. Is this part of the mod giving me a heads up that I installed on existing save or something that always happens?

Anybody know how to alter the mod settings?

No, it's an overhaul mod. It can't be removed without extensively editing your save to remove its components.

GWT are update notes.

You can alter the mod settings from the options menu.

Quote from: Der Failer on March 07, 2017, 08:37:13 PM
I hate to say it, but a have found another bug.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology.Detour._Pawn_RelationsTracker._SecondaryRomanceChanceFactor (RimWorld.Pawn_RelationsTracker t, Verse.Pawn otherPawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SocialCardUtility.GetPawnRowTooltip (RimWorld.CachedSocialTabEntry entry, Verse.Pawn selPawnForSocialInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SocialCardUtility+<DrawPawnRow>c__AnonStorey38E.<>m__4E6 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ActiveTip.get_FinalText () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Full log
Steps to reproduce:
1. Get in development mode (this is acturally importend)
2. Get a animal and force a birth
3. Open the social tab and look at the tip text (and get +100 error/s).
Optional:
4. Deactivate dev mode
5. Look again and find all seems to be ok.

Thanks, I think I know what's causing this.

Quote from: ParadoxalObserver on March 09, 2017, 01:00:21 AM
Any possibility that in a future update we might get an option to set colonist psych before launching? A sort of 'Prepare Carefully' but for Psychology?

Yes.

Ruisuki

Ruisuki

Ddo the treatments require social skill and doctoring? because my level 19 doc cant perform operations to treat pyro or depression. Neither can my lvl 15 social. Maybe I need both?

oreganor

If I try to arrest the current Mayor while he/she is trying to reach a meeting I'm greeted by this error when Dev Mode is on:

at Verse.GenGrid.InBounds (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.RoomQuery.RoomAt (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GridsUtility.GetRoom (IntVec3 loc, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PartyUtility.UseWholeRoomAsPartyArea (IntVec3 partySpot, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PartyUtility.InPartyArea (IntVec3 cell, IntVec3 partySpot, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.LordToil_Meeting.LordToilTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.LordTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.LordManager.LordManagerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Gameplay-wise (Without Dev mode on), nothing strange happens and if I drop the Mayor he/she sooner or later try to reach the meeting room again.
Contributions:
Melee Skill Rebalance

Robbie

I don't have steam.. I only have HugsLib, but there is no download.. or I don't see it.. and I'm stupid and I don't know how or from where to download exactly..

Lobstercraft

Robbie the link is at the bottom of the first post. It is named Psychology 2017-2-2.rar

Robbie

fetusthebard

I've had Psychology installed for a good 5 or 6 colonies now, works perfectly with all of the mods I've tried. I'm very impressed.

Besides sucking up to you though, I noticed that Smokeleaf was having no affect on the anxiety of my pawns. Considering Smokeleaf is a thinly veiled reference to weed, and weed helps improve symptoms of people suffering from anxiety, would you ever adjust the way anxiety works to benefit from Smokeleaf use? If you don't want to get caught up in that I don't actually mind, just wanted to know if it was a suggestion you had thought about before.

bladerunner170

Quote from: Linq on August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM
Long-term treatment can reduce anxiety to a level where it does not interfere with a pawn's daily routine.

It's been two years of treatment and my pawns still have severe anxiety. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Whelp, nevermind. It very suddenly went down to 'managed'. That was wierd.

Ruisuki

i have a few pawns with it. If i keep going it should stop giving me a malus then? Is it the sme for trait treatment or is that always just temporary?

hwfanatic

Let me use this opportunity to, once again, insist on how prevalent anxiety is in the rim.