[A16] Psychology (2017-5-14)

Started by System.Linq, August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbridges42

I had already overwritten my save files before it occurred to me to upload them.

But (fortunately?) it happened again this weekend. So here's a link to my save file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjYPGQw3c96wg79BhyTc_qWt7rIgnQ

I also see you saying that your mod is not compatible with Rumours and Deception. I thought I had removed that, but I haven't. So maybe that's related somehow. Since I'm modifying my save anyway, maybe I can remove that mod. I'll definitely be glad to not deal with splintering anymore.

tbridges42

QuoteYeah, that PawnRelation is applied when a couple breaks up. It should be an ex-lover relation.

That's interesting. The first time this happened, the couple was still together but was having issues. After I fixed the save and debugged them back together, they got over it, got married, and have been quite happy for over a year now.

This time around, the issue happened to a different toon. This toon was just finally getting over his dead lover, but I don't think he was dating anyone else.

System.Linq

I've looked into a fix. I'll try and release a version this week that hopefully fixes it.

cladicus

Hello Linq, your mod states that a new save file isn't needed, however the "psyche" tab doesn't appear on my existing colonists. Any new ones that appear on the map recieve this psyche tab, and if I start a new colony, my own pawns also have them, however the pawns that was there before your mod, won't get the psyche tab no matter what.

Is there a fix, or am I simply going to have to drop my colony for a new one?

Thank you for the great mod either way :)

Ruisuki

Doesnt apply to existing colonists. So you wont get the sweet new dates or the improved social interaction with new colonists. A shame, 2 of my psycolonists gained 71+ relation very easily but the vanilla rivals have no chance of dropping their -100 relationship after many seasons.

System.Linq

You can edit your colony save file and change existing pawns' Class from Pawn to Psychology.PsychologyPawn to add the Psychology features to them.

Ruisuki

Can you edit their psych profile, is it randomized each time? dont wanna have a hetero married character end up with a 5 on the kinsey scale and divorce her

System.Linq

You can also edit their psyche from the save file, but beware that their personality may be altered if you add Psychology features to them. It's more than just sexuality (though I find the "my straight character might suddenly be gay!" panic to be a curiously common concern), they may simply not get along anymore and end up divorcing anyway. Also, sexuality only matters for romance, so pre-existing couples will not split just because they are no longer attracted to each other's sex.

Ruisuki

Yeah people get attached to their characters. I think Im not gonna risk it and just let the original founders retain their personality, sexuality and relationships. Dont wanna risk losing them. Maybe i'll let them be the ones to take the ship out of the rim. Specially the couples.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Linq on April 10, 2017, 01:42:59 AM
You can also edit their psyche from the save file, but beware that their personality may be altered if you add Psychology features to them. It's more than just sexuality (though I find the "my straight character might suddenly be gay!" panic to be a curiously common concern)

Is there an easy way of editing their psyche profile? Namely the sexuality thing is what bothers me. When you have the starting colonists in a relationship yet one of them is homosexual or something. I tried going through the save file and searching for "kinsey" but there's a lot of code before and after the lines...

So basically I'm asking how to find the sexuality rating, and how to know whose sexuality you're changing, within the save file.

pintpo

Hello! I'm loving the additions to the game this mod brings. Unfortunately it's brought an issue with a colony. I'll post the correspondence so far between myself and the others that have directed me to you.

Quote from: pintpo on April 10, 2017, 08:21:14 AM
Hello. I was directed here by Unlimited Hugs for an issue I am having with my colony.

Here is the dialogue. Hope you can help fix my game.  :)

KaT  18 hours ago   

Hello!
Thank you so much for these awesome mods! I've been playing with no issue until yesterday when I started becoming unable to capture downed prisoners and rescue downed colonists. I have included this:

https://gist.github.com/78ff06229cee165125223b2142d0821c

Which is the error that comes up in the log when I start the game.

this is the error that comes up when I try to capture a prisoner:

https://gist.github.com/47f632e1cf3920629688b3711e39344d

For what its worth, I cannot spawn a raid. So I don't have a log for when I try to rescue a downed colonist

I hope this information helps, if I need to add more please let me know. I am pretty unfamiliar with this stuff.

@pintpo: I have fixed this issue from my side in the latest version. But the conflicting mod Psychology still has to do their side. You can best post your issue there.

____________end transmission______________

Please let me know if I can supply any further information. Thanks in advance for your help!!

picatso

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on April 10, 2017, 07:13:55 AM
Quote from: Linq on April 10, 2017, 01:42:59 AM
You can also edit their psyche from the save file, but beware that their personality may be altered if you add Psychology features to them. It's more than just sexuality (though I find the "my straight character might suddenly be gay!" panic to be a curiously common concern)

Is there an easy way of editing their psyche profile? Namely the sexuality thing is what bothers me. When you have the starting colonists in a relationship yet one of them is homosexual or something. I tried going through the save file and searching for "kinsey" but there's a lot of code before and after the lines...

So basically I'm asking how to find the sexuality rating, and how to know whose sexuality you're changing, within the save file.

First you find the pawn you want to change, then you scroll down (its a really long scroll) until you find a line '<sexuality>'
under this line you might find '<kinseyRating>X</kinseyRating>' (some pawns are missing this line for some reason so you can add it yourself with the desired value instead of X.

Fightera100

Seems like it doesn't work with Hospitality :/

I loaded these mods in order:
Core
HugsLib
Hospitality
Psychology

and here is the red marked error:
[HugsLib] Exception during DetourMethodByAttribute: System.Exception: Failed to detour method Pawn_RelationsTracker.Notify_RescuedBy to _Pawn_RelationsTracker._Notify_RescuedBy (assembly: Psychology) ---> System.Exception: method was already detoured to Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_RelationsTracker.Notify_RescuedBy.
  at HugsLib.Source.Detour.DetourProvider.CompatibleDetourWithExceptions (System.Reflection.MethodInfo source, System.Reflection.MethodInfo destination) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.Source.Detour.Helpers.DetourMethodByAttribute (System.Reflection.MemberInfo info, System.Attribute attrib) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at HugsLib.Source.Detour.DetourProvider.ThrowClearerDetourException (System.Exception e, System.Reflection.MemberInfo sourceInfo, System.Reflection.MemberInfo targetInfo, System.String detourMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.Source.Detour.Helpers.DetourMethodByAttribute (System.Reflection.MemberInfo info, System.Attribute attrib) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
HugsLib.Source.Detour.Helpers:DetourMethodByAttribute(MemberInfo, Attribute)
HugsLib.Source.Attrib.AttributeDetector:CallHandlersForAttributes(List`1, Dictionary`2)
HugsLib.Source.Attrib.AttributeDetector:ProcessNewTypes()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:ProcessAttibutes()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:Initalize()
HugsLib.Core.UnityProxyComponent:Start()

AngleWyrm

I also get a red-text error message when in developer mode indicating Psychology and Hospitality both perform a detour of the same process. Something to the effect of 'method already detoured.'

When not in developer mode the error box doesn't pop up, and I am able to play. But I wouldn't know what to look for as far as compatibility and over-writes of behavior go.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Fightera100

Quote from: AngleWyrm on April 15, 2017, 12:27:33 PM
I also get a red-text error message when in developer mode indicating Psychology and Hospitality both perform a detour of the same process. Something to the effect of 'method already detoured.'

When not in developer mode the error box doesn't pop up, and I am able to play. But I wouldn't know what to look for as far as compatibility and over-writes of behavior go.

If it works fine I just turn off dev mode then, thanks