Possibility to decline new colonists

Started by Haraldson, August 19, 2016, 06:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haraldson

Hey Community,

hi there iam new at the Game and i have a big request: Plz make a possibility that i can decline new colonist or that i can send them away and dont have to kill them ! Iam more a slowly player and i dont want to have 5 people in the first days / weeks of the game. So maybe you can make a option like: we dont admit colonist ! as long as this option is activated no new colonist will join  / appear ! So i have enough time to build a base before i can pick up new people

Pax_Empyrean

In the meantime, there is a way to deal with them without having to kill them. Build a room just big enough for a bed, marked for prisoners, a little way off from the rest of your colony. Draft a colonist and right click on the person you don't want, and select to arrest them. They'll be put in the prison bed. Then you can just deconstruct one of the walls. They'll have a prison break and leave the map. Rebuild the wall as needed for future prisoners.

submarine

If you capture a pawn put them in prisson and then release the pawn it join your colony again?

Pax_Empyrean

Quote from: submarine on August 19, 2016, 07:50:32 AM
If you capture a pawn put them in prisson and then release the pawn it join your colony again?
Hostiles leave the map. Pawns that joined your colony just rejoin after you release them, so you need to make them jailbreak to have them leave.

Haraldson

yeah but its easier to have a command like: go away . . . . or whats about the idea to send some colonist to explore outside the map? maybe the have a chance to find some loot or materials or the can die on the "mission"

as i say iam a slowly player so i dont want to grow my colony so fast with many people . . . .

another idea would be to have a option when i create the world that no new people join (excepting catching raiders) and the only possibility to get new colonist is to "create" new one when 2 people beget childrens ? Its like hardcore so i have to choose wisly my first 3 players so they can reproduce himself

*sry for my bad english hope you can understand what i mean

SpaceDorf

Children would take about 10 ingame years before the become usefull. Nobody plays that slow :)

Also I don't know what your problem is, in my experience three pawns are not enough to get a colony rolling.
4 or 5 are much better to fill all roles you need. If they have actual talent or passion for the jobs you need is second.

My needs are usually

1 Builder/Repairer/Miner ( he is the one who gets the least sleep in the early days. )
1 Planter / Hauler ( winter is coming, we need rice soon, corn later, cloth, and plant medicine ( and/or the skill ) ASAP )
1 Cook / Gatherer ( both are to occupied with their main job to do anything else in the beginning )
1 Hauler / Cleaner/ Crafter ( so everyone else can actually do their job, and counter the ugly/dirty debuffs, get a loincloth for those stupid naked ones, collecting the good stuff from all over the map )
1 Hunter / Lumberjack / Miner, other odd jobs that need to get done

Which Leaves the doctor/leader and the armor/weaponsmith for the full seven :D

--- EDIT ---

on the other hand, telling the lazy, abrassive and ugly guy he can go bother someone else would still be usefull.
I have to remember the prison trick.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.