Location of Linux (Steam) Output Log?

Started by Deimos Rast, August 19, 2016, 11:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deimos Rast

For starters, I am familiar with where it's supposed to be (see thread below), but I just spent an hour looking for it and it's not there. I searched my entire computer for Player.log and Output_Log.txt to no avail. I have plenty of experience with finding where Unity usually hides logs from playing KSP, and I found plenty of other logs, but nothing relating to RimWorld. I've tried playing in game with Verbose Logging on in case that had to do with it. Are there any ingame developer mode settings that need to be on? I see the in game log just fine, I'd just like an out of game log.
It's also not in the "RimWorldLinux_Data" folder either.
So....what do?

Where it's listed as being (which actually doesn't exist):
Steam (Linux): Users/<UserName>/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log -- untested, possibly incorrect
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.msg6581#msg6581
#StopPluginAbuse

rangel.final

rimworld_log is at /tmp/rimworld_log
Player.log is at /home/rangel/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Player.log
I've never found output_log.txt

milon

@rangel.final, thank you!!

I'll update the log file directions.  And the output_log.txt file is the Windows version of Player.log - two different names for the same thing because Unity is special.  :)

Deimos Rast

Quote from: rangel.final on August 21, 2016, 11:47:09 AM
rimworld_log is at /tmp/rimworld_log
Player.log is at /home/rangel/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Player.log
I've never found output_log.txt
I never found the Player.log and I looked in the unity3d folder (it's where KSP logs live, another Unity game, so I'm familiar with where Unity likes to hide things).
Didn't know about /tmp/ though, so that's a huge step. I do have that log, so that's something at least. output_log.txt is usually the windows version, yeah.
Thanks!
#StopPluginAbuse

milon

Quoting from another thread (this is in the Linux Steam directions now):

Quote from: alexx on August 22, 2016, 03:23:51 PM
I experimented with running the game and found that Player.log is created only if you run the game from the console. If you run the game through steam then Player.log is missing.