Luciferium

Started by mumblemumble, August 20, 2016, 12:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

Luciferium – Glitterworld mechanites that give huge bonuses to most capacities. However, without repeated doses the user goes insane and dies. It is impossible to clear the addiction, and the drug is 100% addictive on one dose.

I find this...very disturbing...mostly because I can see this in reality... And what the name means.

Anyone else see this, and feel a little sick? I might have to outright kill trade caravans that carry this, and straight execute anyone who uses it. Just looks awful.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Mr.Cross

You mean this is actually in the game? That's interesting... Maybe religion will be touched upon next update?
Claims to know most things.

lorebot

Does the drug allow eternal youth? I mean...stat buffs are nice...but if it grants the user agelessness then I can see it being worth something in the long run and something that would fit the lore.

mumblemumble

I doubt it would be "worth it" given the expense, absolute reliance upon it, and everything...I can see an otherwise prosperous colony falling into cannibalism, slaving, and much more in an attempt to keep a few people alive and getting enough silver for another fix.

I do think indeed religion would be next, given the wording of it...but I cannot say. kinda scary
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Mr.Cross

I honestly hope so, that being said imagine a Void god smiteing a colonist for taking that Drug instead of preying or what not XD.

ReZpawner

I stood in awe for a few moments when I first saw it. I really did consider using it, but I fear what would happen if I happened to run out... Pretty awesome though. No doubt I'll get a couple of my colonists hooked on it in the future just for laughs.

TheDirge

How can you get this?

sounds awesome to have a full colony on this stuff

Mr.Cross

From what i hear its a trader only item, like those neurotrainers

TheDirge

Has anyone tested it out yet?

ReZpawner

This item is trader-only. So, if they don't arrive on time, you're basically fucked.

mumblemumble

I really hope its SPACE traders only, or I will have.....different feelings towards groups for selling it. Corperate space assholes I know have no standards, but I expect colonies would have some....

Boy, this update is really going to fuck with my prejudice on drugs. good on ya tynan for ALWAYS making the game deeper. I swear, if minecraft was used to teach kids about building and planning, your game should be used to teach dilemmas, critical thinking, accepting grief, ect.

-----

ReZpawner

Quote from: mumblemumble on August 20, 2016, 04:55:01 AM
I really hope its SPACE traders only, or I will have.....different feelings towards groups for selling it. Corperate space assholes I know have no standards, but I expect colonies would have some....

Boy, this update is really going to fuck with my prejudice on drugs. good on ya tynan for ALWAYS making the game deeper. I swear, if minecraft was used to teach kids about building and planning, your game should be used to teach dilemmas, critical thinking, accepting grief, ect.

You may be expecting too much of these colonies :P Filthy drugdealers, the lot of them!
*snorts yayo off of the corpse of a caravaneer*

Mr.Cross

I thought yayo was a juice XD

Rafe009

So i gave this drug a bit of thought and it seemed to me that maybe it might be worthwhile to addict a colonist to it who is proficient in combat and during lull periods or low availability you just seal him up in a cryostasis casket.

So you rouse your luciferium warrior if you get ancient ship events, need a bug cleanup, have a siege.

The whole thing makes cryosleep caskets a bit more useful. What do you guys think about that strat?

mumblemumble

Sounds like the "plot" of the new doom almost, an insane, violent and unstable warrior unlocked to save everyone....

-----