[1.1/1.0] Static Quality Plus 1.3

Started by zlj, August 20, 2016, 02:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 04, 2018, 09:51:28 AM
Oh wow, how have I not seen this before now?! This is awesome!

You are not looking DEEP enough. Hehehehe.
Bleeeee. . . . .

Lethe

First, I love this mod! But I wish the passion gain had more options to it! (A halved version please!!! Just like you did with skill degradation!) This adds a whole new angle to my gameplay as I'm much more willing to start without someone passionate in something (like cooking, social, etc) and assign them to it knowing that one day they should eventually like it. One day.

Outside of being desperate for a halved skill option, if there was another option to only allow one passion gain that'd be nice. So, if someone has no passion in something they could only gain one max, whereas if someone was small passion they could one day become very passionate in it.

Kori

Quote from: Lethe on March 15, 2018, 02:59:01 PM
But I wish the passion gain had more options to it! (A halved version please!!! Just like you did with skill degradation!)

That would be great!

Fenocide

(SOLVED)
I've looked all over the first page and can't find a clickable link to take me to downloads. Any help?

Fun Fact: I made an account just for this!

Edit: It was there this time, maybe I just needed an account?

Canute

In this case yes.
Attachments are only visible for members.
External download link's/pic's are for all.

Never

Hey, could you update the mod for unstable 1.0? I really enjoy playing with it, and would greatly appreciate that.

Syrchalis

I am excited to see how you balance this. Since legendary items are now truly much better and you don't get them (at least I have never) by making them. Best you seem to get are masterwork, those aren't too rare though.

With shoddy and superior removed the quality actually feels pretty static now. I have to admit I always played with +-2 mode, so I never actually had "static" quality, but a much smaller range than was normal.

Now that's pretty much vanilla. My lvl 20 artist basically never makes normal sculptures. Mostly good and excellent, sometimes masterwork. Well, maybe that's still too much random for people.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

marvin__

Monzer

WHERE THE FUCK IS DOWNLOAD LINKS ??

zlj

Updated to B19, enjoy.

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 09, 2018, 06:38:53 PM
I am excited to see how you balance this. Since legendary items are now truly much better and you don't get them (at least I have never) by making them. Best you seem to get are masterwork, those aren't too rare though.

For the moment, i haven't =p The mod still works as before so a lvl20 will always create legendary items. I haven't had a closer look at the "inspiration" parameter that was added so yet.

Quote from: Never on July 09, 2018, 05:21:25 PM
Hey, could you update the mod for unstable 1.0? I really enjoy playing with it, and would greatly appreciate that.

If unstable has the same codebase as B19, modifying the about.xml to the right version should do the trick.

First, I love this mod! But I wish the passion gain had more options to it! (A halved version please!!! Just like you did with skill degradation!) This adds a whole new angle to my gameplay as I'm much more willing to start without someone passionate in something (like cooking, social, etc) and assign them to it knowing that one day they should eventually like it. One day.

Halved version ... how exactly? That you can only gain minor passion in a skill? Or that the chance of actually getting a passion is lower than currently?

-zlj

Tsunamy

Could you add an option to turn off the Great memory trait? It slows down skill degredation. Pretty useless if I want to turn off skill degredation altogether.

zlj

Updated to B19.1, fixed two issues, adde two new features.

Also re-uploaded B18 version due to a request.

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 09, 2018, 06:38:53 PM

The inspiration parameter seemed to be the obvious balance fix ;) Still optional of course.

Quote from: Tsunamy on August 29, 2018, 06:20:44 PM
Could you add an option to turn off the Great memory trait? It slows down skill degredation. Pretty useless if I want to turn off skill degredation altogether.

I'd rather avoid messing with parts of the game that are not integral to the functionality of the mod. It typically provokes clashes with other people's mods =p

SilentCrim

I second this. I love this mod and the idea of passion gain, but for me it was a bit op.

In my current playthrough, I edited the mod code to have a set chance to increase passion based on the skill level, and it feels much more balanced. I went from 5% starting at level 3 and increasing to 20% at level 18. Level 19 and 20 each have a 50% chance.

I also added a secondary roll for legendaries at about 10% chance and it makes getting a legendary feel much more rewarding.

SarcFa

Anyone have the B18 version of the mod? Attachments got deleted.

zlj

Updated to 1.0, enjoy.

Quote from: SarcFa on October 16, 2018, 11:46:43 PM
Anyone have the B18 version of the mod? Attachments got deleted.

Its still part of the initial post.