Previous topic - Next topic

paulvin

i am also interested in a new download link

Canute

Since the author isn't active lately.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Vane

asquirrel

Can someone explain what the item quality options do?  I'm reading them (vanilla quality, static quality, static quality + - 1 & static quality + -2 ) and they don't make sense to me.

Do plants have to rest in real life?

Thanks! :)

Nightinggale

Quote from: asquirrel on November 15, 2017, 09:57:49 PM
Can someone explain what the item quality options do?  I'm reading them (vanilla quality, static quality, static quality + - 1 & static quality + -2 ) and they don't make sense to me.
When you build something with quality, say a bed, this option will be used to determine the quality (poor, good, etc) of the bed. Vanilla is has a large range of possible outputs. This mod however adds a table for which quality to get based on the colonist's construction skill. +-1 and +-2 will then add randomness to that, meaning it will pick a random quality out of 3 or 5 options where the table lookup is in the middle of the range. Selecting static quality means no randomness.

Quote from: asquirrel on November 15, 2017, 09:57:49 PMDo plants have to rest in real life?
No and in fact in real life greenhouses are often equipped with artificial lights to make the plants grow 24 hours a day. They can also be heated. When the oil crisis kicked in during the 70s, it was revealed that flowers were grown using both lights and heating and half a liter of oil was used for each flower. People became upset about it because they let the car stay home to save oil and then tons of oil was apparently wasted on flowers, which were meant to be sold and then thrown out after max 2 weeks.

Iceland has large scale heated and lit greenhouses. They learned that they have (by Icelandic standards) very fertile soil and steam coming out of the ground right next door. Seems too strait forward to not put those two together.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

asquirrel

Trying to follow along here so pardon my denseness.  Possible quality settings:

Awful
Shoddy
Poor
Normal
Good
Superior
Excellent
Masterwork
Legendary

Correct me if I misunderstand but, vanilla will randomly choose one of the above qualities.  Static will choose quality solely based on your construction skill level (higher skill level equals higher quality - construction skill 20 will craft legendary items consistently).

Here's where I'm not sure.   Quality + -1 and Quality + -2.  So a random quality number (from awful to legendary) would be picked from the game engine and then lowered by -1 or -2?

Thanks for that info on plant resting.  Now that I know they don't need to rest I'm going to turn my 24 hour growing option on this mod to on. :)

By the way, I downloaded your modcheck mod.  Will it help check for mod conflicts (and the reason for the conflict) if the mod developer didn't incorporate your mod to check his mod?

Nightinggale

Quote from: asquirrel on November 15, 2017, 11:06:30 PM
Trying to follow along here so pardon my denseness.  Possible quality settings:

Awful
Shoddy
Poor
Normal
Good
Superior
Excellent
Masterwork
Legendary

Correct me if I misunderstand but, vanilla will randomly choose one of the above qualities.  Static will choose quality solely based on your construction skill level (higher skill level equals higher quality - construction skill 20 will craft legendary items consistently).

Here's where I'm not sure.   Quality + -1 and Quality + -2.  So a random quality number (from awful to legendary) would be picked from the game engine and then lowered by -1 or -2?
Vanilla will calculate based on some complex formula, which relies on construction skill, manipulation and possibly other stuff. This means even with really high construction skill, you can still make Shoddy furniture, which can be really annoying, particularly if you decide of making it out of jade or similar hard to get stuff.

If you use static quality it will calculate a quality based on construction skill. Say it's Normal. If it's +-1 it will randomly be from Poor to Good and if it's +-2 it will randomly be Shoddy to Superior. At least that's how I understand what's going on.

Quote from: asquirrel on November 15, 2017, 11:06:30 PMBy the way, I downloaded your modcheck mod.  Will it help check for mod conflicts (and the reason for the conflict) if the mod developer didn't incorporate your mod to check his mod?
Sadly it's way too simple for that. It's not that I haven't thought about it, but it would take weeks to code at best and what I have made was made in a few days. Also what I made is so simple that it's easy to test and avoid bugs. Autodetection is so complex that it's quite hard to get working reliably. This means it's useless until mods starts to support it, but such mods have started to appear and I suspect it will have a snowball effect. The more mods using it, the more subscribers, the more subscribers, the more likely it is that more mods will add support. The number of subscribers have reached 3 digits already for A18 alone.

This is kind of off topic for this thread though and there is a thread for such questions. It's not like the link is hidden  ;)
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

MisterVertigo

Anyone know if the author is updating this for B18?
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Goranchero

I just fixed the ThingDefs to Defs, and it works with B18.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

MisterVertigo

"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

zlj

zlj

Since i was sloppy keeping up with the thead questions, here are some answers. (Also thanks to the people that helped out in my stead ;) ).

Quote from: Smellfungus on August 30, 2017, 03:47:16 PM
I've noticed this since back in A15 or so, and it's still not fixed, so I'm guessing nobody else has bothered to say or hasn't noticed. :p But... When skill gain cap is set to be level based as opposed to 4k all it changes is the stated limit, not the actual limit. This is most easy to spot with a Too Smart doctor lvl <20. Get some prisoners with infections then set them to be amputated by said doctor. The first attempt will grant around 4k exp and the mouseover will read that the cap (of whatever: 4k, 5k, 8k) has been reached, and that exp gain is at 20%. At the next amputation you should note the dramatic reduction in exp. :/ Everything else works great though, brilliant stuff. :D

Yep, thats a known issue of the mod, it does display the "extended daily xp cap" properly, but doesn't actually apply it.

Quote from: morgredblack on August 30, 2017, 08:47:11 PM
Hey you should add special pawn traits that further spice up pawns skill evolution and evolution cap. Make polymaths happen :D

Interesting idea, but alas, i'm quite busy with other stuff ;)

can u add the plant 24h as a stand alone mod please ?

I'm assuming you want that because of known mod compatibility issues. I was actually going to work on these .. then a dozen other coding projects came along =|

Quote from: Nightinggale on November 15, 2017, 11:36:49 PM

Sadly it's way too simple for that. It's not that I haven't thought about it, but it would take weeks to code at best and what I have made was made in a few days. Also what I made is so simple that it's easy to test and avoid bugs. Autodetection is so complex that it's quite hard to get working reliably. This means it's useless until mods starts to support it, but such mods have started to appear and I suspect it will have a snowball effect. The more mods using it, the more subscribers, the more subscribers, the more likely it is that more mods will add support. The number of subscribers have reached 3 digits already for A18 alone.

This is kind of off topic for this thread though and there is a thread for such questions. It's not like the link is hidden  ;)

Interesting ... i'll have a look when time allows ... does that save me from implementing Harmony? =p

-zlj

kaptain_kavern

Kori

Very good mod, thank you! I'm playing with it for a while now and don't want to miss it anymore! :)

Isn't the XP cap option working at all or only partially?
When it only changes the displayed XP cap but not the actual one, maybe it would be better to temporarily remove it from the options?

Harry_Dicks

Oh wow, how have I not seen this before now?! This is awesome!