Manually enable mods? Or, How to enable ALL THE MODS! :D

Started by letharion, March 09, 2014, 11:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

letharion

The mods list only lists 16 mods :(

so if you have more, then you can't see them, and you can't enable them.

One way of getting around this is to add the mods in reverse alphabetical order, such that "Wood economy" can be enabled, then pushed of the list when other mods are added, but still remain enabled. This is less than ideal however.

Is there a XML file somewhere listing the modules and their state? Until the UI is improved, this would be useful.

Tynan

Yes, sorry. Will be fixed in A3.

Check C:/Users/YOURNAME/AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/ModsConfig.xml

You can add mod folder names to the <activeMods> list.

Are you really playing with 17+ mods? :o
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

SlimeCrusher

Yea i don't know, all i have is 3 mods (without counting core, miracle healing and royal bed), Flamethrower mod, Blob's attack (incomplete until Alpha 3 comes out so i can fix the pawn texture) and also the incomplete Coffee mod, and im already feeling like i have to many mods  ???

letharion

Quote from: Tynan on March 09, 2014, 11:53:46 AMAre you really playing with 17+ mods? :o

Yep ;) Might as well test several of them at the same time :D

devin25486

:'( I need to know what to do once I've gotten to the listed mod folder so that I can enable/disable mods... but I don't know what to do from there... I thought it would be like switching from <False> to <True> But it's not... so can someone help me pleaz???

Architect

Quote from: devin25486 on March 28, 2014, 06:46:53 PM
:'( I need to know what to do once I've gotten to the listed mod folder so that I can enable/disable mods... but I don't know what to do from there... I thought it would be like switching from <False> to <True> But it's not... so can someone help me pleaz???

change it to look like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>Name of mod 1</li>
    <li>Name of mod 2</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Tynan

Open C:/Users/YOURNAME/AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/ModsConfig.xml.

For each mod you want active, add a line like this between the <activeMods> and </activeMods> tags:

<li>NameOfYourModFolder</li>

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

devin25486

Quote from: Architect on March 28, 2014, 06:48:57 PM
Quote from: devin25486 on March 28, 2014, 06:46:53 PM

change it to look like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>Name of mod 1</li>
    <li>Name of mod 2</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

Thx... urs helps more than tynan's XDDD Srry Tynan XDDD