[M: 0.2.363 Alpha 2] Right Click Malfunction

Started by Benny the Icepick, March 09, 2014, 11:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny the Icepick

For some reason, the right click function appears to be partly disabled.  It's still registering as a right click in some instances, but does not achieve the desired result:

• Cannot prioritize construction or hauling tasks
  • Cannot direct a soldier to move to a particular area
  • Cannot equip weapons

When trying to prioritize tasks or move soldiers, it's as though I'm not right-clicking at all.  There is no response from the game.

The last item is the one that makes me think it's a game bug and not an I/O malfunction.  All other instances just don't even register the right click, but when I try to equip a weapon, it gives me a gray text line that reads, "Cannot equip (weapon), already reserved by " (with no name).

I would attach my save file, but it's over 4mb, so it won't let me attach it in the forum.
EDIT:  Save file available here:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106813385/Rimworld/JankyTown%202.rim

deadbeat88

Its not a bug. Things I noticed:

-Darkeye is a useless moocher. He CANT DONT ANYTHING.. except firefighting and research. so any task other than that is disabled.
- You have blocked your entrance with your turrents. Turrets are impassable, meaning you cant pass through them. Which is why you have the problem as shown in your photo attachment.

Solutions:
- remove the block in your passageway

Also note: firefighting only happens inside Home region, so you might wanna extend your home area.
Whatever you do, don't do it!

Benny the Icepick

Thanks, Deadbeat.  The problem did seem to miraculously disappear after a raid (in which the invaders blew up my turrets), so that explanation makes a ton of sense.

And yeah, Darkeye is a lazy brute.  I've installed mods to add research areas just so he'll have something to do other than incinerate corpses.  But man, when raiders come (which is more and more now that I'm into day 120) he's proven his worth time and time again.

All right, problem solved!